1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics REAL TIME visitors

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by AffiliMan, Jun 5, 2012.

Once again Google just show us how fantastic they are and how simple it is for a Giant to come up with something simple, cool and useful!
    While most of us use all kinds of real time tracking software's - Google just added it to the Analytics for free.
    It is just cool - you can see live visitors in your site in real time, the search terms they used, how much time, which pages they visit as you sit back and view it all LIVE

I have no clue when they started with this feature, its one out of many new cool features but this is something I am definitely going to write about in my blogs

AffiliMan, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  2. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yet another reason why I will not add analytics to my sites.

Frankly, I do not care about checking analytics at all, and I will definitely not allow Google to track my visitors and clients in real time.

Privacy > Statistics

Traditione, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  3. TommyP

TommyP Peon

Best Answers:
    Traditione - is it not possible to opt out of providing the data grabbed from your website to google?

TommyP, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  4. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have analytics on your site, or if you have submitted it to webmaster tools, you are being spied on hardcore

Traditione, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  5. TommyP

TommyP Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, so you know where they ask you before signing up if you want this data to be used by google etc - is that a load of bull?

TommyP, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  6. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are after privacy you are in the wrong business. Tools like Google Analytics provide important stats about your visitors. Its much deeper than how many there are and how many pages they visited. Its also where they came from, what search term they used, which page they landed on, how long they stayed on each page, and now even stats on social media and, like this topic talks about, real time data. If you are not using some kind of tracking software how are you optimizing your website for the best user experience?

Now back on topic, I love the Real Time feature. I like to track how people navigate my websites to see where they like to click, which pages they find most useful, etc.

r3dt@rget, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  7. koaan

koaan Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Tool

koaan, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  8. AffiliMan

AffiliMan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mutualism!!! like in the big ocean when tiny fish holds to the big shark.
    I understand and respect what people say about privacy but need to also be realistic.
    Even site owners that generates 1 million unique visitors a day are still small fish. sure there are other stats tool, you think they keep your privacy?
    It all comes down to the very basic survival and Mutualism. I alow them to see my stats and core, they give me stats gathered in fantastic forms, real time stats, smart insights, tools...
    I don't understand whats the big issue. even if I would need more privacy its all matter of give and take.

AffiliMan, Jun 6, 2012 IP