1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moneybookers vs others

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by adrianctn, Nov 18, 2006.

Hello guys.

I find it very odd that so many sellers and buyers here on DP use e-gold. I, for one, find it hard to fund and get money from my e-gold account with decent comissions and fees.

Now, there's moneybookers, a sort of paypal, pay to the e-mail address. It has lower fees than paypal, it follows the same idea........so, why isn't it used as often( or more often) as e-gold is?

Regards,

Adrian

adrianctn, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  2. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    I think mostly egold is used for adwords vouchers otherwise Paypal and moneybookers.Actually egold is very complicated payment processor you have to find exchanger etc moreover no chargebacks :(.Moneybookers is better i think members here should use moneybookers if they canot use paypal :)
    Saad

saadahmed007, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  3. jacobkell

jacobkell Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you dont have paypal there is always exchange service.

jacobkell, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  4. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can we accept credit card via money bookers? If yes then what is its fees?

Minterest, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  5. saadahmed007

Best Answers:
    No, You canot but yes you can add funds in it using credit card :)
    Saad

saadahmed007, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  6. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only problem with moneybookers is that you must have an credicard in euros. I heard that people had problems verifying their $ credicards vs. verification fee in euros (monebookers verify your credicard by charging a random ampount between 0 and 1 euros, you need to verify that amount , after verify the sum is returned in your mb account).

EvcRo, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing about e-gold is that all transactions are final so it provides the vendor will full level of protection from the customers who may or may not have legitimate claims. It is said that e-gold is a popular online payment service used by scam artists because once you pay them you cannot get your money back whether or not they provide you with what paid for.

I have not used Moneybooker but may consider trying. Does it offer the 'Buy Now' type option like Paypal.

eddy2099, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  8. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You may also use passport ;)

redhits, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  9. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think many DPers use moneybookers. Unfortunately its a mostly "paypal only" culture here. I wish that would change though.

abdussamad, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  10. adrianctn

adrianctn Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you verify your home address, you don't have to verify anything else( credit card or bank account).

Also, every CC with international usage converts your currency into what ever is necessary. So, you don't have to have a credit card in euros.

Regards,

Adrian

adrianctn, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  11. saadahmed007

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's true.Just click on adress verification.They will send you a code which you will recieve in 4-5 days once you will recieve it open thier website login to your account then click on adress verfication then enter the code and your account will be verified! :)
    Saad

saadahmed007, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  12. adrianctn

adrianctn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it does, but the person who is buying from you needs to make an account with moneybookers or he can pay via bank transfer without making an account.

My take on it is that moneybookers should be used more often because it has lower fees than paypal, it supports countries that paypal doesn't, it's as easy to use as paypal ( and..... because I can't use paypal :p).

Regards,

Adrian

adrianctn, Nov 19, 2006 IP
    ravianz likes this.
  13. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, Bank Transfer can be expensive for some. Probably the complicating process makes it not worth the trouble for small transactions.

eddy2099, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  14. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure about this Saad? I think Moneybookers is based in london and they say they use regular mail so it surely must have taken longer that 4-5 days for a letter to arrive in lahore from london right?

abdussamad, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  15. widewebtalk

widewebtalk Peon

Best Answers:
    I use moneybooker's it is great i rate high over e-gold i think the reason it is not widely used is people tend to get comfortable with the payment sites they already use paypal, e-gold etc.

widewebtalk, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  16. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can, read this:

Instant credit/debit card processing
    Your customers can pay you immediately via credit/debit card, even if they are not yet registered with Moneybookers. All they need is to have their mobile phone ready to allow us an instant transaction authorisation during the payment process. The same way, your customers can pay you immediately via direct debit (Bankeinzug) from any German bank account. To be approved for these extra services, please send an email to including (i) your Website URL, (ii) the country in which you are located and (iii) your Moneybookers account email.

Fee is set at 8% flat.

I have a MB account but 8% is a lot... 2checkout is 5,5% but they do have a setup fee of 50$...

p.l.u.r.

Angelus, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  17. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a moneybookers a/c too...trying out their services currently

agnivo007, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  18. YIAM

YIAM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Saad,
    Thanks for the info. I thinks this is new feature added in Moneybookers. 5/6 months back they asked me to send lots documents like scanned copy of passport/Driving Licence etc, etc. Nice to hear that they made things simple.

Further, is it enough to withdraw by checks (not wire transfer).

YIAM, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  19. SpotWeb

SpotWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    But MoneyBookers cannot process credit card transactions outside Europe. They said they can't do that at this time :|

SpotWeb, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  20. srijaga_cbe

srijaga_cbe Peon

Best Answers:
    There is lot of information about moneybookers. Thanks to all. Im from India. Planning to open moneybookers account.
    The summary is:
    1). Moneybooker account holder verification:
    - Done by entring a PIN directly mailed by moneybookers. Is it enough or I need credit card for verification? (i.e. small transaction).

2). Accepting payments from clients:
    - Account holders may transfer to my account.
    - To pay by Credit Card (No need to signup MB) - MB sends an instant code no to their mobile phone. The client enter the code along with their CC details.
    - For Bank transfer - MB request to wired to a German bank. Important thing is "Clients should request their bank to transfer the fund to MB". What are the cost from various countries?. May be around US$20 ?

3). To receive payments from MB:
    - Wire transfer to Europe and UK bank accounts
    - Mailing Cheque to India and some other countries.
    - In India, How long it takes to receive the cheque? Send by Secured mail or ordinary mail? How long to encash the cheque? send by US$ or INR

Sorry for this long post. I request to answer my questions users from India.
    PLEASE POST CORRECT IF THE DETAILS ARE WRONG.

srijaga_cbe, Nov 20, 2006 IP