1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Safe and best way to send/transfer big money to another country? Ship my debit card?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by makingaliving, May 27, 2012.

Hi. Not sure if this is the right section to post this. If not, I hope the MOD move this where I can get responses about this subject. Thanks.

I'm looking for a safe way to transfer my business partner's money to him. He's in another country.

I don't want to use Western Union, bank wire transfer, Paypal.
    I'm a bit worried the trasnfer may be mistaken as "money launderiing".

The amount to transfer is around $15,000.

This is legal money transfer as he is my business partner, he is part in the work of our business, but he's located in another country.
    And I cannot provide proof he's part of the business as this is online business, no company or documentations.

Would like to get your thoughts on this idea.

Is it safe to ship debit card from U.S. to another country?
    Does it get detected in customs by some technology being used?
    Does document shipment get opened for inspection or not as part of privacy policy?
    What if I hide it in a shipment of regular goods?

What if i use courier service like Fedex? Better choose document envelope pack it discreetly or hide it in package of goods?

He can make withdrawals thru ATM machine. I can tell my bank I'm going for a vacation in that country (as if it's me
    making the withdrawals). I still have to talk to them and see if this is workable.

All opinions are welcome.

Thank you.

P.S. If there's problem with this plan, it would be helpful if you can advice other ways to safely transfer big amount
    to another country. It would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
    makingaliving, May 27, 2012 IP
  2. harke

harke Member

Best Answers:
    The best way is to study your partner country laws. Because every country has a specific amount of money (per month) when someone gets more than that amount, bank has to report for money laundry. And just send your 15 000 in pieces

harke, May 27, 2012 IP
  3. makingaliving

makingaliving Peon

Best Answers:

Thank you. I would send it in pieces, but the thing is, i will be transferring big amount regularly to him, like every 2 months.
    Would like to minimize transfer cost.

But I guess that's the way i have to do it-- send smaller amounts.

I guess divide the money into different channels of transfer.

Western Union, Moneygram, mobile phone money transfer, ship my debit card and he withdraws in ATM.

About my original post. I was also thinking of opening different banks to deposit his money to and when big amount already to ship him the debit card. He withdraws amount per month below the "suspicious money laundry" amount.

I just hope i can find many banks with feature i (or rather he) can withdraw money in ATM in his country, don't know if there are few or many of these, and if this is really workable. I will call and explain this about this "vacation" to some bank but i would like to get feedback here first if this method is a bad idea.

This really happens when you vacation in another country, right? My worry is more on shipping debit card, would it get detected and what can happen if yes. Trouble? How high the chances it will get stolen.

With Western Union and Moneygram, is there monthly limit of amount to send to same person to another country?

Would it be "suspicious" if I go to a branch sending around $3,000 like every week. What if i make the transfer in different branches in different weeks?

What if just $1,000 every week?

What about him receiving big amount regularly, would it be suspicious?

Does Western Union, Moneygram care how much and how often you send and recieve money thru their service?

Would they require you to explain. What if you can't show documentations?

How risky are these plans?

Are there other better ways to transfer his money.

:confused:

makingaliving, May 27, 2012 IP
  4. makingaliving

makingaliving Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone has done or doing this way of transferring money by shipping debit card to someone in another country?

can you please share your experience, or you can PM me if you want.

Thanks.:)

makingaliving, May 29, 2012 IP
  5. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So you're asking how to send illegal or questionable money internationally, on a public forum?

If this is legal, send a wire transfer.

jestep, May 31, 2012 IP
  6. blogzer

blogzer Peon

Best Answers:
    for me if it's not possible to send that money one time. why not send it, partially?

blogzer, May 31, 2012 IP
  7. makingaliving

makingaliving Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not illegal.. I could send big amount via wire transfer but how do I explain an online business partnership with someone located in another country, no company, no documentations.. if smaller amounts then may not need explanations..

makingaliving, May 31, 2012 IP
  8. makingaliving

makingaliving Peon

Best Answers:
    seems that's the way to do it. but i'm still looking for more ways to send money to another country.

9. blogzer

blogzer Peon

Best Answers:
    if your business partner has a bank account. send it directly to his/her account.
    i am sure his or her bank can be found in your country. maybe it's possible.

blogzer, May 31, 2012 IP
  10. makingaliving

makingaliving Peon

Best Answers:
    Can try it explain to the bank. But I'm sure they will ask for documentations which Im not sure how to be able to provide.
    Also, I admit it may not be really legal for someone based in another country to earn this way. But he is my online business partner. He handles several of the work involved.

I'd like to know how others explain money transfers to an online business partner in another country.

I know many others have online business partners located in another country.

11. makingaliving

makingaliving Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there other reliable wire transfer like Western Union and Moneygram

makingaliving, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  12. wmXchange

wmXchange Peon

Best Answers:
    You can open an account with Liberty Reserve, Webmoney, OkPay, Perfect Money , SolidTrust Pay or Payza then send the money into one of this accounts. Tell your partner to open an account to with this payment processors and make the transfer easy and fast. You can fund your account using an exchanger using Western Union , Money Gram or bank transfer from anywhere in the world. But use a good and safe exchanger to help you.

wmXchange, Jun 6, 2012 IP
  13. makingaliving

makingaliving Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate your help. I will check out these services.

Have a great weekend.

makingaliving, Jun 8, 2012 IP