1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URl De Indexed Due to DMCA complaint

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cuteboy, May 20, 2012.

Around 10 days ago my website homepage got de-indexed by GOOGLE. I check it by typing Site:www.mywebsite.com and my home page was not listed there. Then i found a message from DMCA in my webmaster account stating that my home page got into a DMCA case and i was asked to get that particular content removed from the homepage.

Now its been 6 days that i have replaced the content and have resubmitted the webpage to google, but still my homepage is not indexed and crawled by google.

Please let me know how much time would it take and what further steps can be taken to get it indexed fast. :) :) :)

cuteboy, May 20, 2012 IP
  2. MrSS

MrSS Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's what Google Help Center says:
    http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2440297

MrSS, May 20, 2012 IP
  3. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this valuable information, but it's been several time that we can contact google and the website owner about the updation of content onto our website but no such action was taken.
    Any other help or idea would be great.

cuteboy, May 20, 2012 IP
  4. Debtconsolidationloanss

Debtconsolidationloanss Peon

Best Answers:
    It means your web page have duplicate content which is copied from another website and the website owner have complained to dmca. So your website have de-indexed from Google. Few months ago same problems happened with debt consolidation and debt consolidation loans.

Debtconsolidationloanss, May 21, 2012 IP
  5. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please let me know what best can be done to get it reindexed by google ASAP.

cuteboy, May 22, 2012 IP
  6. Debtconsolidationloanss

Debtconsolidationloanss Peon

Best Answers:
    You should removed copied content from your website and give a reconsideration request to Google at Google webmaster tools. I hope it will re-indexed soon.

Debtconsolidationloanss, May 23, 2012 IP
  7. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have submitted the reconsideration form to Google twice, but no action was taken so far. Do i need to promote on some authority websites as well?

cuteboy, May 23, 2012 IP
  8. omgcats

omgcats Member

Best Answers:
    I believe the proper procedure is to send a DMCA counter-notice to Google.

omgcats, May 23, 2012 IP
  9. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you ping the search engine to recrawl your website... If no, do it rite now.

C.Rebecca, May 23, 2012 IP
  10. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have already pinged it twice but still not update was visible.. Please let me know if i need to restart with my effective link building again??

cuteboy, May 28, 2012 IP
  11. omgcats

omgcats Member

Best Answers:
    SEO will not get you back in Google, nor will crawling. You have been de-indexed. You NEED to go through the proper legal channels, and you need to do it NOW because there is limited time to file a counter-claim.

The form you need is right here: http://support.google.com/bin/request.py?contact_type=lr_counternotice&product=cnremoved&
    It's a different form than the reconsideration request in Webmaster Tools because this one goes to their legal team. It is exactly what you are looking for. The description is: "If URLs on your site have been removed from Google's search index due to a legal complaint, including a Digital Millennium Copyright Act notice, you can use this form to let us know that you’ve removed the content at issue and request that your URLs be reinstated. By submitting this form, you acknowledge that the content referenced by the original legal complaint has been removed, and that you will not restore it after we reinstate your URLs."

omgcats, May 28, 2012 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  12. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said, good suggestion rep+

wptheme, May 28, 2012 IP
  13. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have already submitted that form twice. Do i need to submit it again? or should i keep some patience/?

cuteboy, May 29, 2012 IP
  14. omgcats

omgcats Member

Best Answers:
    Google is usually very quick to handle legal stuff (DMCA takedowns are usually done within a day), so I don't know if I would have much patience. I thought from your earlier comment that you sent a reconsideration request in webmaster tools rather than the DMCA counter-notice that I linked to. If you have not filled out the counter-notice you should definitely do that, but if you already have I don't think that anything will come from submitting the same form again.

omgcats, May 29, 2012 IP
  15. MrKeh

MrKeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you probably just need to be a little more patient.

MrKeh, May 29, 2012 IP
  16. cuteboy

cuteboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, how much time google normally takes to get a website indexed again???

cuteboy, May 30, 2012 IP
  17. multiplecloud-zid

multiplecloud-zid Member

Best Answers:
    Waiting Google for re-consideration. It's should take up to a month

multiplecloud-zid, May 30, 2012 IP
  18. SENtelligence

SENtelligence Peon

Best Answers:
    Aaarrchh, so much confusing advice in this thread!!! :mad: Ok, pardon me for being hot-tempered.

@cuteboy, your site was taken down, because somebody filed a DMCA complaint against it. This means there was duplicate content detected on your site.

This means, your site is gone from index and the only way to bring it back is to remove the duplicate content and file a reconsideration request. No backlinks, no pinging and nothing else will help it come back faster.
    OK, you're saying you've already filed the request, so now you can only wait. Also make sure there is no copied content on your site this time, only original content.

@omgcats, I think you read the thread quite inattentively. The form you suggested says: "If you believe your URLs have been removed from the Google search index due to mistake or misidentification in a DMCA complaint".
    As far as I understood, there was no mistake in cuteboy's case.

SENtelligence, May 30, 2012 IP
  19. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not indexed yet because there is other DMCA issues coming up(May be). DMCA issues will come to you only if you host some warez files. Maybe that's the reason google is not indexing your site. But before google take any action I think actual property owner warned you or asked you to remove that content but you didn't and that's why he complained to google. Or you have competitors in this field who don't want to see your site rising. There may be other issues but normally it would take a month or 45 days to show up in google if you did everything right.

jewelraz, May 30, 2012 IP
  20. omgcats

omgcats Member

Best Answers:
    No, I think you read that form quite inattentively :) The line you quoted is under the section "You might be looking for other forms instead." It says if it was removed due to mistake or misidentification to file a counter-notice instead.

To clarify, there are 3 forms that have been discussed in this thread:

Content Removed Form - USE THIS
    This form tells Google that the content referenced in the DMCA takedown notice has been removed from your site, and that your site should be re-indexed.
    I do not know what the time turnaround on this form is. Perhaps it has to go back to the content owner to verify that the content has been removed? If that's the case I'm guessing that they may have 10 days to do so. You should have at least gotten some acknowledgement from Google that your form was received, and I'm surprised that they didn't lay out the timetable.

DMCA Counter-Notification - not the right form.
    This form is used if you were never actually in violation. This is a legal notice and in submitting this form, you must swear under penalty of perjury, "that I have a good faith belief that the content identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled," which is not the case.
    With this form it will be at least 10 days before your content in restored. When this form is filed things go back into the hands of the content owner, who has 10 days to basically start a lawsuit against you. If Google does not receive a court order to remove your content within these 10 days, your site will return to the search results.

Webmaster Tools Reconsideration Request - not the right form.
    This form is for the removal of manual penalties applied by the webspam or search quality team for things like spam and paid links that are against Google's quality guidelines but are not illegal. It's not for legal issues so don't bother, it won't be seen by the right people.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
    omgcats, May 30, 2012 IP