1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How bad was your site affected by Penguin update?

Discussion in 'Google' started by MarTh-, May 20, 2012.

How bad was your site affected by Penguin update? Have you noticed a significant traffic loss? What are you going to do to make up for the loss in traffic?

MarTh-, May 20, 2012 IP
  2. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've not noticed a significant traffic loss. Since this was targeting spam, you need to remove any spam you might have. In some cases, Google may have sent messages to you about spam activity in the past. Messages may even be waiting for you in Google Webmaster Central, if you’ve never verified your account.

sisatel, May 20, 2012 IP
  3. sweetjava

sweetjava Active Member

Best Answers:
    I get 7 sites was kick by penguin. I loss my page 1 position in google.com and get email from google about unnatural links.

sweetjava, May 20, 2012 IP
  4. Mikel Perez

Mikel Perez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It varied, enormously.

One thing to note is there were three different updates by Google: a new Panda version, the "bad links" penalty, and Penguin.
    - The first one is -according to experts- completely related to on-site factors, trying to penalize what they call "bad quality" sites.
    - The second one seems to have been a "one time thing" (not an algorithm change) aimed at deindexing and/or penalizing blog networks and sites that used them to create backlinks
    - And the Penguin update seems to be aimed at penalizing sites that tried to boost rankings by over-optimizing their anchor texts in backlinks (i.e. always link to your site using "dog traininig" as the keyword text.

As all these updates took place betwen mid march and mid april, and some seem to have been rolled over gradually, it's hard to tell which one hit you.

In any case, as I said at the beginning, some of my sites remain remain completely untouched, some even gain a few positions, and a few dropped a few positions, and some tanked in the SERPs. I think those ones were hit by the penguin update, more than the other two.

Mikel Perez, May 21, 2012 IP
  5. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    15000 goes to 1000.... loss of traffic in large volume.

jhardy2008, May 21, 2012 IP
  6. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    my site didn't get any ranking loss. in fact it gained few sports for few search terms. this penguin update is also known as webspam update where google penalized sites that were practicing spam or unethical link building that were in violation of google webmaster guideline. people who are doing legitimate SEO didn't suffer any ranking loss.

sultanofseo, May 21, 2012 IP
  7. PK-Host

PK-Host Guest

Best Answers:
    I not notice much difference I may have lost 1 place on a direct search for my website but nothing too bad.

PK-Host, May 21, 2012 IP
  8. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a site doing 12,000 UNIQUES per day and over 50,000 page views per day.

It went down to 100 visitors per day lol ... It's okay because I have other sites doing the same thing but now I can see which ones work and which ones don't.

Check out the blackhatguide, I've posted some good information on there as well.

Lalamaple, May 21, 2012 IP
  9. boldhosts

boldhosts Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lost 4th position .......

boldhosts, May 21, 2012 IP
  10. henrywilliams

henrywilliams Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't got a traffic decrease for my website. Websites having poor quality back links got a decrease in the number of back links after Penguin. If you didn't receive any notification in Google Webmasters regarding poor quality back links do not assume that your website has been hit by Penguin it might be Panda as well..

henrywilliams, May 21, 2012 IP
  11. Wesley T

Wesley T Peon

Best Answers:
    I have over 100 websites.

Which one do you want to ask about?

Wesley T, May 22, 2012 IP
  12. spaculus

spaculus Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya it was but just little bit. I always the whitehat SEO techniques for my all sites. And i can't have any problem for penguin update. You must follow the whitehat seo rules.

spaculus, May 22, 2012 IP
  13. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Not much really. Only one position. Not much to be tensed with. Hope can regain soon.

rubeljoy, May 23, 2012 IP