1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Being in Google News increase your traffic? Does the Penguin updates affect you?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Vel, May 17, 2012.

I have a site on google news and even though I cover a niche site, it seems like my articles do not bring much traffic anymore and I earn under 3 dollars a day now. I noticed that google will always put well established big corporations first, like the LA and NY times, or USA Today, even rival Yahoo on the front page even if their content is just a AP news release duplicate they do not get punished and still show above other websites.

Does Yahoo! news have place to submit your news site so they can publish articles up like google news?

Google has really crushed a lot of peoples traffic and ranking, not just news sites, but businesses too have lowered rankings, my friend thinks they do this so the businesses and web owners will pay for Adwords advertising, its almost like a sly way of making more money and forcing them to advertise.

Another person had a theory that because they lost so much money on Youtube partners who make a killing on adsense from their videos, they have to find ways to earn even more money.

I don't really have a clue and no one else will unless they work for them. But it;'s tough bringing my ranking back up again, because unique content doesn't seem to improve it, its like they just tell you that even though it doesn't really make your articles rank any higher.

Vel, May 17, 2012 IP
  2. JohnRock

JohnRock Peon

Best Answers:
    Being in google news is AMAZING for traffic. Although i personally have not done it, I have a friend who uses it and if by chance you get on a mainpage you will get between 30k-40k hits on a news day. This happens once or twice every couple months for my friend

JohnRock, May 17, 2012 IP
  3. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those major news sites probably make $30-40,000 a day lol from Adsense with over a million views. While I'm earning 2.00 a day or less with lengthy originally content.

Vel, May 17, 2012 IP
  4. DavidTiger

DavidTiger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google new update is harmful for those who are performing spamming for their sites. But if you are white hat seo then you don't need to worry about it. Because this change kick out most of the spammer.

DavidTiger, May 18, 2012 IP
  5. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    And thats what baffles me. I am not a spammer lol, My site only puts up like 2 or 3 articles a day or if there is more news on certain cars and automobiles coming out we put more out, all original well written we even go to car shows to get exclusive info yet we dont get ranked high anymore.

Still my rank is low. While there are sites just posting the same story on their site and getting ranked higher than me. Mainly the sites who are owned by big corps or bring in big money.

its not a fair thing going on.

Vel, May 18, 2012 IP
  6. netaddict41

netaddict41 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think you have to do something more than promote on Google News. It seems like the Big G is putting those big news sites first because of the trust that it has generated from the public. I agree that it can be unfair, but you may have to establish yourself to be able to compete with them. It sucks I know but we have to do what we can do.

netaddict41, May 18, 2012 IP
  7. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well its difficult because we don't know how to rank high anymore they keep switching their strategy with panda and penguin, even those who were ranked high but not in google news their page ranked dropped drastically.

I think if you look at the news Google bilionaires were surpassed by Facebook, Maybe yahoo can do something?

I do know that Google owns Youtube and they pay many of those youtube partners millions of dollars even just doing make up videos or clothing hauls. But bloggers and website owners can no longer make decent living because the ranks keep changing.

Vel, May 18, 2012 IP
  8. DavidTiger

DavidTiger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As you said you are posting 2-3 article per day but would you tell me that it is a single article on 100s of site or 2-3 article on one or two sites.
    not only article may help you a lot you need to promote your site on social networking sites. If you have any problem still you may contact to SEO experts at www.covetus.com they are more than good.

DavidTiger, May 19, 2012 IP
  9. PaulAndy24

PaulAndy24 Peon

Best Answers:
    How Google pick or classify certain site as news? What is the best approach for in getting listed in Google News? Just need to write article quickly and post them.

PaulAndy24, May 19, 2012 IP
  10. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to submit the site and get approved, Google rarely approves sites now because of spammers taking advantage of it.

Vel, May 24, 2012 IP
  11. mukesh4bs

mukesh4bs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think sites those listed in Google news need approval before highlight in news .

mukesh4bs, May 25, 2012 IP
  12. PaulAndy24

PaulAndy24 Peon

Best Answers:
    No strategy to get in the line?

PaulAndy24, May 26, 2012 IP
  13. Coro

Coro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How about creating Google+ page and promote your site via G+ page? One of my site increase it SERP after creating Google+ page.

Coro, May 26, 2012 IP
  14. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    What type of traffic did you see coro when you added the google+ page? what was the jump in visitors compared to without it?

Vel, May 29, 2012 IP
  15. casand

casand Peon

Best Answers:
    Your article should have good unique content,

casand, May 29, 2012 IP
  16. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do, its just hard to find out why my site isn't bringing in any traffic anymore. I have like 2 thousand articles and there has to be people searching for topics I have, yet when I stop submitting an article my traffic dies. You would think I would have at least a few thousand visitors each day since my site has been around for 7 years, in google news, and have over a thousand unique articles, yet I only get like 20-50 visitors a day.

there has to be something wrong here. maybe the panda update is penalizing me, maybe someone is stealing my content and copying it or someone is reporting my site to bring it down in rank.

Vel, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  17. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    December was my best earning month after I had a high spike in adsense earnings my traffic dropped, I believe google may have punished my site because some content scraper stole my content and copied it or some competitor news site reported my articles as spam?

Google is so secretive, they need to help us out by showing us if our site got penalized. Google news traffic for me is only 20 visitors a day now, I used to get thousands of visitors.

Vel, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  18. yvrile

yvrile Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have the same question in my blog.(visit it and see my problem). and blink of an eye, i disappeared in search, i was trying everything to make my blog back in line.. i think making unique and interesting post again and topic will be a great help.. It can drive visitors to your site..

yvrile, Apr 7, 2013 IP