1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Response and Advise About Google Penguin

Discussion in 'Google' started by exefer, May 14, 2012.

hey guys, many of my friends were talking about Google Penguin updates, and I only want to ask what are the ways to be safe against this updates and stay in ranking. I want to have some ideas so that I can change my wrong techniques, if ever that I have some mistakes.

exefer, May 14, 2012 IP
  2. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please try to avoid the following 4 things -
    1. Aggressive exact-match anchor text
    2. Overuse of exact-match domains
    3. Low-quality article marketing & blog spam
    4. Keyword stuffing in content & internal/outbound links

sisatel, May 14, 2012 IP
  3. grbrains123

grbrains123 Member

Best Answers:
    ethical marketing with quality back links and fresh content.

grbrains123, May 14, 2012 IP
  4. aelara

aelara Active Member

Best Answers:
    As I just mentioned in another post, as long as you have fresh, unique and relevant to your blog or website content, you are half way there. Just avoid all the usual spinning, PLR, cheap article, etc. crap.

aelara, May 14, 2012 IP
  5. aimseo

aimseo Guest

Best Answers:
    What aelara said. Some of the sites in my "lab" got hit, the biggest issue was sitewide links, which I was able to fix quickly. The black hatter's days are numbered, it's all about quality... well it always has been!

aimseo, May 14, 2012 IP
  6. lapseo

lapseo Member

Best Answers:
    Avoid link over optimisation, ( too many exact anchors ) and avoid niche under optimisation ( avoid links from non relevant content )

Follow this along with other current SEO and you should be golden.

Regards

lapseo, May 14, 2012 IP
  7. diego018

diego018 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sitewide links from other sites, should i ask web partners to remove them ?

diego018, May 14, 2012 IP
  8. aimseo

aimseo Guest

Best Answers:
    That would be a start! One tactic used by some on DP is buying "sponsored" themes for blogger, wp, etc. This is also something that can kill your serp ranking in the age of the penguin.

aimseo, May 14, 2012 IP
  9. exefer

exefer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for all the advises. ;)

Gracias.

exefer, May 14, 2012 IP
  10. sabrina

sabrina Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Penguin Update launched on April 24. It was a change to Google’s search results that was designed to punish pages that have been spamming Google. If you’re not familiar with spam, it’s when people do things like “keyword stuffing” or “cloaking” that violate Google’s guidelines

sabrina, May 15, 2012 IP
  11. vimier

vimier Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that you should be aggressive in your keyword research. If you see a great opportunity to capitalize, jump on it.
    You should never use any sort of automated system to make backlinks, because this is something that any Google algorithm will look down upon. Try to build your own links such as writing for Ezines or creating other web sites that you are allowed to link from.

vimier, May 15, 2012 IP
  12. vimier

vimier Peon

Best Answers:
    That is actually exactly what Google and other search engines are looking for. Sure, they want to see some amount of keywords show up in your site, but they mostly just want it to be unique content that the readers will enjoy. This is how they get people coming back too, they make quality suggestions on the page rank to deliver a quality site to the reader.

vimier, May 15, 2012 IP
  13. RichardDin

RichardDin Member

Best Answers:
    Implement the link diversity, and you'll be fine

RichardDin, May 16, 2012 IP
  14. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    right now, it's been discussed by most experts that excessive link building and over optimization should be avoided

aira, May 16, 2012 IP
  15. mike ometeo

mike ometeo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Honestly, its difficult to say what to do and if it will work at all. On one hand, many SEO people claim that once you make changes to your links profile and rid of half of your old pages (because they dont meet new Panda standards) you'll regain the old rankings. On the other hand, very rarely did Google reverse any penalty
    (small or large) it gave, no matter what action people took to amend it.
    I got hit by the funky penguin and tried last week to change the score on two inner pages. Changed the content to contain less kw, changed the links in the site. Reduced the same anchor links pointing to these pages and revised the titles. What did I get...? The same pendulum I got in the last weeks. Ranks of kw on these pages jump up and down every day. sometimes 6 positions. Kw belonging to these pages suddenly show up ranked on other pages. Quite messy and nothing conclusive. I recommend acting very carefully. Take one page, one kw, change the text and wait a couple of days. Then change a couple of links and wait. Its going to be a long term process to fix things so there will be a chance to get back on the horse. Experiment and check the results for every single change you make.

Good luck

mike ometeo, May 16, 2012 IP
  16. theprince

theprince Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be safe and overcome the Google penguin update you need to read a lot of articles about this because it contain a lot of aspects and things to consider, you need to read the google webmaster help and Google's guidelines. I just read an article that get all these info together, you can view it here.

Best of luck!

theprince, May 16, 2012 IP
  17. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep I would agree that unique fresh content is always a big winner with Google, the more unique the better

lightlysalted, May 16, 2012 IP
  18. Torafox

Torafox Peon

Best Answers:
    Just take things slow when you optimize a website. Doing things manually and not relying on any software is a good place to start. You should also diversify your keywords.

Torafox, May 16, 2012 IP
  19. JohnRock

JohnRock Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't rely on anything that promises the sky in a short amount of time.

Remember if its too good to be true, it probably is - Work hard and make sure that you manually stay conscious of detail.

JohnRock, May 16, 2012 IP
  20. AllenTrusts

AllenTrusts Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just recently back into SEO and thank you all for this info on Penguin. Its hard to know the balance. We produce, publish, and to a small extent optimize our content. So, when do you know where to draw the line in the sand? You are, after all, still competing for keywords, or serps. So, what is considered over-optimization? Excessive inbound links could simply be the sign of a posts popularity?

AllenTrusts, May 16, 2012 IP