1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

4000 visitors a day, less than 1% CTR - need a tweak

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by michael.aulia, May 7, 2012.

1. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    What Lacey said - with the addition that I'd swap out that big dark section that says "Bad wireless signal? Boost it with Linksys RE1000 Wireless Extender!" (or the latest/featured article) with a nicely spaced 928x90 on white, CTR will increase massively

blacknet, May 11, 2012 IP
  2. codecreative

codecreative Peon

Best Answers:
    I've noticed that using text links as opposed to baner images on my site helps as its the only ad type people click. You could also try using a good wp theme designed for adsense like prosene or ctr theme

codecreative, May 11, 2012 IP
  3. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    You mean 728x90 yeah? Good idea - I'm trying it now and took out my below the post title ad. Let's see how it goes!

I tried BuySellAds for a couple of months, didn't have any advertisers. And mostly I find that other blog sells around $15 a month for 125x125 for a blog with similar traffic. I'd rather put AdSense in :) ($6-15 a day!)

michael.aulia, May 13, 2012 IP
  4. ElizabethSwell

ElizabethSwell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes your banner size is too small so please increase your size and more effort and remove the your mistakes ......

ElizabethSwell, May 13, 2012 IP
  5. codecreative

codecreative Peon

Best Answers:
    $15 a day? from one blog? what is your ctr?I'm using the ctr theme but may change to heatmap as it has a low ctr and looks pretty ugly!

codecreative, May 15, 2012 IP
  6. mrgood

mrgood Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All of those so called 'high CTR themes' like CTR theme, adsense pro, heatmap theme etc. are loss of money and time, in one word-bullshit. Not to mention they all look like crap.
    I tried them all and none of them was able to raise my CPC. Some niches are simply 'click happy' niches. For example, any of house wives niches and child niches (especially flash games for children).
    On the other side, IT, PC and similar niches are low CTR niches.

mrgood, May 15, 2012 IP
  7. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, techie people know about ads and don't click them. Last time I taught my mom how to browse internet, she helplessly click every single link she saw on screen :p
    I only have 1%-ish CTR most of the time and $15 a day is a good day.. most of them around $6-8 in average

Hm..seems that the 728x90 do not drastically improve the number of clicks although I find that I can get more cents per click on that one (due to the cost vs size I guess)
    Do people find the 728x90 work better on text only or text/image?

Last edited: May 15, 2012
    michael.aulia, May 15, 2012 IP
  8. Ruddo

Ruddo Member

Best Answers:
    Try using ads inside your actual post if you don't think that's too annoying for your readers.

Ruddo, May 17, 2012 IP
  9. Faris Basalamah

Faris Basalamah Peon

Best Answers:
    use this : 300x250 text/display; 468x60 text only, 234x60 text only, 336x280 display only, 728x90 text/display

Faris Basalamah, Apr 24, 2016 IP
  10. rockthedesign

rockthedesign Member

Best Answers:
    you place adsense ads in wrong place. You can place your adsense ads in header and place ad code in post randomly. You can use ad injenction wp plugin to easily doing this task

rockthedesign, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  11. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i dont see any Adsense on that website, only banner for private VPN

lots of space you should have ads

pmf123, Apr 28, 2016 IP