1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is difference between Google Panda and Google penguin?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sginteractive, May 5, 2012.

Hello Everyone,

What is difference between Google Panda and Google penguin ?
    Please Send your reviews .

sginteractive, May 5, 2012 IP
  2. hassan001

hassan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google Renamed its Panda to Penguin to keep interest of users....

I can't say more till the new release....

If any one have any idea I would really appreciate.....

hassan001, May 5, 2012 IP
  3. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google Panda relates to content, if you website has low quality content or you have copied content from another website(or duplicate content) then your website ranking will be harmed. Also do not use spin articles as these emphasize only on keywords.
    Google Penguin relates to over optimization of websites, for example you are doing extra linking(lots of submissions, throwing links on forums signature and blogs) to get ranking fast. Do quality work because now google has been very strict to terms and conditions.

manoj.kapoor, May 6, 2012 IP
  4. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right there buddy...:)

ContentVisionz, May 6, 2012 IP
  5. seotrafficsearch

seotrafficsearch Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Panda update- for content spamming
    Google Penguin update- for webspamming ( getting low quality backlinks in large numbers within short period, over optimization to manipulate search results)

seotrafficsearch, May 8, 2012 IP
  6. tradebizlink

tradebizlink Member

Best Answers:
    Why google use animal name for such algorithm, hard to find its correlation with the animal

tradebizlink, May 8, 2012 IP
  7. rgblogs

rgblogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    In short, Panda for content and Penguin for SEO

rgblogs, May 8, 2012 IP
  8. Anil Strivastava

Anil Strivastava Peon

Best Answers:
    penguin is for to check spamming updates , checks on link quality , pilishing links , poor blogger link exchanges , in short it checks seo ranking . it has added algorithms to check pr tracking , meta-tagging , black-hat techniques , over tagging , meta for taggings and like that , etc

Inshort , Panda searches for duplicate contents , search indexes and mainly reroutes in archive and inf pages.

Rgds

Anil Strivastava, May 8, 2012 IP
  9. NickzSmarty

NickzSmarty Member

Best Answers:
    Hi manoj your are right..

NickzSmarty, May 8, 2012 IP
  10. Borduhh

Borduhh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In short Manoj is right...

With the Google Panda update Google de-indexed millions of blog networks that were considered spammy. The sites that were built for SEO and links juice were de-indexed while blogs that were built for content were more empowered. After so many years Google put its foot down and once and for all proved that content is king.

A few months later Google Penguin came out that de-valued sites that were "over optimized" for search engines. So if a site had a spammy structure and a lot of spammy links pointing to it, that site was hit it with a penalty.

However now the problem has arisen about negative SEO from your competitors? I am sure we will see an update soon to take care of this.

Borduhh, May 8, 2012 IP
  11. oandw

oandw Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of very good answers already. It seems Google loves calling their updates by animals, next I am expecting a Monkey and a Cow. Looks like the Panda took care of the low quality content sites, well this is what Google stated it did. As for the Penguin one of the major things it looked for an penalized many people for was not using a variety of anchor text when doing your backlinks.

Most people were linking only by keywords and not by the natural way of backlinking which is www.domain.com etc. Many people who were basically just doing it the majority of the time by keyword without any variation put themselves in harms way of the Penguin. Although this does have some truth to it I do believe Google always does some kind of update to confuse us webmasters that have figured out a way to this SEO game.

Like someone once told me, stick and move stick and move. There is no reason why you should stop building backlinks, just make sure you are doing it the right way and are building high quality links.

- Will

oandw, May 8, 2012 IP
  12. atomitservices

atomitservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Panda - It basically about low quality content on websites

Google Penguin - It is all about the keyword stuffing and link schemes.

atomitservices, May 8, 2012 IP
  13. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Panda is a change to the Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in February 2011.[1] The change aimed to lower the rank of "low-quality sites", and return higher-quality sites near the top of the search results.
    Google penguin update includes keyword stuffing, web spamming and over optimization. So if you did in your site the surely your site get low ranking and its search visibility from first page to get decreased. It happens with so many sites and all get discussed their effects because of over optimization. so you should be careful during optimization of your site.

war_machine, May 9, 2012 IP
  14. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Panda update was intended to penalize low quality websites and Penguin updates are meant to promote high quality sites while penalizing spammy sites. they are both Google algorithms that penalize the sites that are involved in unethical SEO practices like spammy link building, duplicate content.

bogs, May 9, 2012 IP
  15. saovietxulynuoc

saovietxulynuoc Member

Best Answers:
    That's new to me, thanks for your shares, hoping to have more useful inforamation from you

saovietxulynuoc, May 9, 2012 IP
  16. premiumlockers

premiumlockers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey thanks for the information..but pls let me know one thing also the links from where i can easily understand the tricks of google to optimize the website...

why we can not make our backlinks fast by directory, bookmarking, forums, blogs etc.......they all are coming in to quality backlinks........... waiting for ur soon reply

premiumlockers, May 9, 2012 IP
  17. maria.lisa222

maria.lisa222 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google panda update is related to the content that should be unique while Google penguin update is about over optimization of your site means link building.

maria.lisa222, May 10, 2012 IP
  18. rosesmark

rosesmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google unleashed the Panda on Feb 24 2011. And immediately, it made its mark and hit so many blogs and websites that the entire ranking structure was shaken, with new websites coming at the top while some old established websites dipping down. According to Google, it was aimed at filtering "thin or low quality content". Since its launch, Google have made changes to it 13 times as of 20th April 2012. And a total of 12% websites have been effected by this update.

Google Penguin:
    http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2011/05/more-guidance-on-building-high-quality.html

rosesmark, May 10, 2012 IP
  19. melynacebuche

melynacebuche Peon

Best Answers:
    You've got the point. I have used "article marketing" strategy for the website that I managed right after Google Panda hit, and I have witnessed my website's rankings are doing great but right after that Penguin hits, it greatly affected my website in a not so good manner.. Is article spinning not good for Penguin?

melynacebuche, May 11, 2012 IP
  20. aspirerankings

aspirerankings Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no such a big difference between them. Both are created to provide more relevant search results. The basic difference we can find is Google panda is for low quality sites but Google penguin is to penalizing spam sites.

Thanks

aspirerankings, May 11, 2012 IP