1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should You Hire Writers For Your Blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Minterest, May 5, 2012.

Hello,

Do you have multiple authors on your blog? If so why?

Should you hire writers only to keep your blog active every day? I see that most blogs have multiple authors but most of them are written for search engines and not for readers.

What do you say?

- Minterest

Minterest, May 5, 2012 IP
  2. Kevin T Perry

Kevin T Perry Peon

Best Answers:
    My blog, NicheMoz.com, has multiple writers. I do it because it keeps the content fresh, but I also make sure I personally review each article before it is published to make sure that the content is both unique and pertinent to the site. I allow one link in the body, so I also make sure that the link is not spam and that it is relevant to the site material as well.

The best part about it is that the writers do it for free as a way to get their name out there and promote their business. It's a win-win for both of us.

Kevin

Kevin T Perry, May 5, 2012 IP
  3. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Hey, its guest blogging....

I am talking about paying others to write for us. Got it?

Minterest, May 5, 2012 IP
  4. dezinerite

dezinerite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will be hiring a full-time content writer for my blog very soon (some time this month). I don't know if it's going to be better than guest-bloggers but because I like the fresh content every day (minus the links I give out to guest bloggers) I prefer the idea of a hired content writer while I will be working on the thing I don't really trust others with which is proper SEO.

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing but I feel the work on my blog is starting to pile up and there's not enough time in a day for me to do everything on my own.

I don't really know if I'm doing it for the search engines or the readers. I guess I do it specifically for visitor stats/traffic (not exactly search engine). I believe in strong, quality content that is resourceful so I do hope my readers benefit from that.

Would like to hear from others who are paying content writers too, and their reasons for doing so. Great question. :)

dezinerite, May 6, 2012 IP
  5. TheHHC

TheHHC Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Question. If you don't have the time or inspiration to write for your own blog. Then i'd say YES. You should hire writers, otherwise. Only you truly know what you want to do with your own blog, and shouldn't lack motivation to not write your own. We need more people reading than writing... In the real world, with that train of thought. More writers would be great, If there were more great writers. To fill in and clog the internet with more recycled content is not good. IMO

2centz.

TheHHC, May 6, 2012 IP
  6. dtpennington

dtpennington Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As both a writer, and a manager of writers, I can confidently say that hiring writers for your blog is probably the best thing you can do.

1) The content stays fresh (as previously mentioned)
    2) You gain access to that writer's audience - and some of them have a pretty significant audience, even if is just their friends and family connected to their Twitter/ facebook
    3) Your site gains credibility. It is no longer just one guy touting what he thinks is right.

However, the drawbacks:
    - I've found writers can be pretty tough to wrangle. Even in this digital age, many of them take writing projects as an extreme side-project. Deadlines are sometime tough to meet.
    - For sites I have written for, the pay has been questionable, if not downright insulting. I'm a professional, they are professional - let's not fool anyone.

dtpennington, May 6, 2012 IP
  7. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For some people they get burned out after blogging every day. I think hiring people is fine, but me personally, I like my blog to have that personal touch/ feel, so I write everything myself! When I don't feel like doing a word post, I just post funny meme pics ^_^

ninjamtlt1, May 6, 2012 IP
  8. dezinerite

Best Answers:
    Great insight. I'll be hiring a blogger/friend who works online and I hope that after some time I can analyze how much traffic and good he does for my blog and then pay him what he deserves. But for this month he'll be on trial...I need to know he won't let me down. I think many content writers write for the money, which is really sad because every single person has their own writing style and it can be awesome if they work on it. I hope I can utilize my new content writer to the best of his ability and guide him in the right direction. I also like where you've mentioned that we gain access to the writer's audience. Very true! :)

9. dtpennington

dtpennington Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    dez - I jumped into freelance writing while I was still in college. It was right about the point that the internet made a "writing career" seemingly feasible for everyone. If you had a keyboard and an internet connection, you could toss yourself on the market as a "writer."

Writing, though, is far more than just putting words on a page (although, that is also something that a great deal of 'writers' seem to forget). There is a bit of heart and professionalism to it.

Don't get me wrong, I've had projects that I finished with bloodied knees because I had to drag myself to the end of them.

And, within any industry, always be wary of hiring your friends. They'll usually want some kind of slack cut.

dtpennington, May 6, 2012 IP
  10. dezinerite

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I am definitely wary of hiring friends (although in this case he is an online friend which makes it even worse). But I've worked with him in the past and he knows how serious I am with what I do so it should be okay for now. This month he will get paid only according to the number of articles he submits so the incentive is the harder he works; the more he earns.