1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Think Beyond Google!

Discussion in 'Google' started by pascal020, May 3, 2012.

Never depend totally on Google or SE traffic. The biggest lesson for many webmasters after the Penguin.

According to this article, Google owns 66.4 percent of the search market share.
    This means you should really optimize outside Google. Especially because you never know, when or how Google is going to change the algorithm again.

Read this great article with some really constructive tips.

http://searchenginewatch.com/articl...-Can-Survive-the-Google-Penguin-Update-Effect

Asking for much effort, but the opportunities are greater than ever..

pascal020, May 3, 2012 IP
  2. kochtgr

kochtgr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is really important we should not rely only on Google for traffic there are so many updates and you never know if one day you will lose all the traffic from them. The best to have consistent traffic on the long run is to not care about google and actually try to build links not for SEO but for traffic. We should not forget that search engines traffic is only a fraction of all the traffic we can get from referrals...

kochtgr, May 3, 2012 IP
  3. karunverma

karunverma Member

Best Answers:
    But Google is not the only SE that is updating its algo. Other search engines also do. But yes referrals from social media site is a good source of traffic but you also cannot deny the fact that the traffic comes from search engines are much more genuine than the referrals.

karunverma, May 4, 2012 IP
  4. kochtgr

kochtgr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Karunverma, actually there are not only referrals from social media, the best possible traffic is from people who trust you, this means that you should build relations with influential bloggers and their readers on your niche and establish your self as an expert on your niche. This can be done with 2 ways. The first one is guest posting and the second is blog commenting (not thousands spam comments, just a few on popular blogs by adding value and contribute to the discussion). Another great source of traffic is youtube which is in fact the second largest search engine and can bring a tone of traffic...

kochtgr, May 4, 2012 IP
  5. Latonya P

Latonya P Guest

Best Answers:
    But the remain are scattered out so wide that it is nearly impossible to optimize for all of them.

Latonya P, May 4, 2012 IP
  6. 75INZ

75INZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Until Google is no longer king, Google is all people are going to care about no matter what changes they bring.

75INZ, May 4, 2012 IP
  7. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just answer this questions, where do you wanna go when you search for something? Alta Visa? no i do not think so.

TheSyndicate, May 4, 2012 IP
  8. Torafox

Torafox Peon

Best Answers:
    I just might take optimizing for other search engines into consideration. Yahoo and Bing should be able to help me out when the time comes that Google isn't the Big G anymore.

And as long as Google is still alive and the go-to of every person in this world when searching for answers, we're going to have to deal with multiple algorithm changes.

Torafox, May 4, 2012 IP
  9. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Somehow true, but not entirely.
    I have noticed quite a lot of complains around me - from people who have no idea of google's algorithm changes, they said it as simple as that - "CRAPPY, IRRELEVANT RESULTS"! People who do not know what SEO is at all...

So I think this might take some part of google's trust and users, though I doubt it would be considerable...

After all, the problem consists in that my, objectively way more quality site is replaced from first result (for its domain name search) by a crappy site of few pages, or yours is, by an empty domain and the second result is some idiotic article page from several years ago...
    I think it isn't only us, the webmasters/IMs that notice it, so I believe if they do not fix it more and more people will get aware of it.
    The bad side is that some of the largest gamers aren't affected and this will still keep a lot of people using G. SE.

p.s. BTW the results are quite different in the different google's TLD's - I know it has always been like this, but in some TLDs some sites seems not to be affected as in G's .com!
    They have really messed it up this time....

abraxas, May 4, 2012 IP
  10. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    don't leave all your eggs in one basket... there are TONNES of methods for getting traffic outside of search engines.. Offline is one example.

I prefer Youtube and Twitter+Facebook to receive traffic, or I go into partnerships with major names in different niches. Like owners of big blogs and forums in, well, let
    's say the dog training niche, I get them to promote my website/product. Good, reliable and targeted traffic.

PCOnline, May 4, 2012 IP
  11. frogjy

frogjy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, good idea. but google is getting big....no one can stop it.

frogjy, May 4, 2012 IP
  12. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. No one can predict how their next update effect on our sites. Social media and backlinks are good ways to get more traffic.

dumindushalika, May 4, 2012 IP