1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wordpress site vs Css

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by maltess, Apr 29, 2012.

Hello, I have to create a web site for samall business. I have very little experience with dreamweaver. A frined is telling me the quickuest and good solution woul be to buy a worpress template, I found one that I could use. Other options is to use flux or a DW template myself

I am ok with the wordpress design. But I read WP is not google friendly, is this true? is WP perfectly friendly? any other problems?

best regards

maltess, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  2. ThePassiveIncomeBlog

ThePassiveIncomeBlog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is very mush SEO friendly. There are hundreds of plugins available for helping with SEO work in WP. You can google how many best sites are using WP CMS.

ThePassiveIncomeBlog, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  3. maltess

maltess Member

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot

would be a regular web site designed with dreamweaver still a better SEO option?

maltess, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  4. RonaAdams

RonaAdams Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is the best CMS for blog creating. It is very friendly to newcomers, has lots of plugins and free. If you want to sell online with your small business site, take a look at Joomla, it is good for online stores.

RonaAdams, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  5. maltess

maltess Member

Best Answers:
    Is not a selling site, is for offering photo services. I foung some WP templetes that look like a proffesional site, not a blog, i am avoiding that look. I wan to know if WP is gonna work for marketing in the long run as a regular site

maltess, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  6. jerryvannorman@gmail.com

jerryvannorman@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
  7. maltess

maltess Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, Thanks, I dont want to create a blog, it´s a commercial site. The reson to use a WP templete is because is more affordable and easy to use. I just want to know if in terms of SEO, google ranking etc. WP is going to work the same than a regular site or I may have some problems.

maltess, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  8. UniqueWebDesigns

UniqueWebDesigns Member

Best Answers:
    i agree that wordpress is very easy to use mate...

UniqueWebDesigns, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  9. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Erm nothing wrong with Wordpress exactly but its not really designed as a business website, it a blogging software. If your not going to use it as a blog then no point in using wordpress.

"would be a regular web site designed with dreamweaver still a better SEO option? "

Yes, a purpose built website would work much better for your users and in terms of SEO, assuming the person who makes it has a good understanding of web development and SEO, if your going to use a pre-made template and dont know much about web development or SEO then don't expect anything great.

johneva, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  10. UniqueWebDesigns

UniqueWebDesigns Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress can be use for blogging, CMS, even for a business website.. just in my opinion :p

UniqueWebDesigns, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  11. johneva

Best Answers:
    of course it can be, but why use such bulky software for a simple site?

If your not going to use it for blogging what's the point in using it?

CMS? Why would you use Wordpress as a CMS when there are so many better options out their?

If your using Wordpress for anything other than blogging, IMO you have simply done it as an easy route because you don't know how to make a website properly. We all know search engines are very weary of Wordpress sites as they are a common ground for spammers and sites built with only the purpose of making money from advertising or selling links with no regard for real content that's actually useful.

If you have a commercial need for a website then build a website it not hard, why cop out and use Wordpress?

johneva, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  12. links123

links123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is the best CMS for content management, that is text, audio, video, etc and also you can facilitate your content, it is best for SEO.

links123, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  13. johneva

Best Answers:
    Are you serious???

Just took a look at your sites from your sig and noticed your using Wordpress for them and the coding for your sites are terrible, hardly a good example for an SEO and web development company.

Both very simple sites which could have been hand coded in no time at all and they would be much much more SEO friendly and faster load times.

johneva, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  14. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is the better solution for you.
    It's SEO friendly. Dreamweaver site have no value in terms of seo.

pupul, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  15. johneva

Best Answers:
    Supprise supprise anthother vote for wordpress from someone who uses a wordpress website for selling wordpress themes.

How can you even compare a custom built site to a wordpress theme?

Deamweaver when using the WYSIWYG editor is terrible, but if used in code view then its great to be honest and if you actually know how to build websites they the output is by far more superior to using a wordpress theme. Last two people to comment in this thread both have websites that use tables for website layout which is so out dated its quite unbelievable these people are actually offering advise to people.

Also more importantly why have you posted the same question in a different part of the forum?
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2461957

johneva, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  16. eva watson

eva watson Peon

Best Answers:
    I will prefer template of Wordpress..

eva watson, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  17. johneva

Best Answers:
    large scripts not kept in external files
    img tags without any alt attribute
    alt attributes with nothing in
    You have used the H1 tag but no H2 or H3 tags in your home page (Not bother looking at others)
    Quite a few   where they are not needed.

All this I have picked up just from looking at your home page source code for 2 mins. All things I would expect to have been done to a better level considering its an SEO website offering SEO Services.

johneva, May 1, 2012 IP
  18. links123

links123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    what you say, as an seo website my site is not having any seo related things, just see at the title, description and keyword tags these tabs are well optimized according to seo point of view also see the content of web pages under services option: web desinging, web development and seo-services the orignality of the content( these are 100% written by me without copying) and also content has best keyword stuffing within 2% to 4%.

your web site is bad with respect to SEO you do not given author names in meta tags, now serach engines see for autor to check whether it is being done by the website owner or not

links123, May 1, 2012 IP
  19. johneva

Best Answers:
    All the things I listed are related to SEO, surely as an SEO company you understand this?

There is more to on page SEO than just "title, description and keyword tags, with best keyword stuffing within 2% to 4%" In fact these days, keyword tag has no relevance at all in Google, Title and description has virtually no impact on SERP's either they are meant to be design for best click through conversions opposed to simply stuffing in your keywords.

The fact you use the term keyword stuffing is somewhat concerning in itself.

Original content I would expect no less, why would you copy content?

I know there are problems with our sites in terms of SEO, big difference is I am not selling my SEO services within an SEO company, also our website is about to be replaced in the next 2 weeks with a complete new one anyway, the current design is only a facelifted version of a 10 year old website. (Yet its still coded to a superior level than yours, an you are an SEO and web development company) Not really showcasing your ability using wordpress to make your site and having such poor standard of coding. Your web development website is using tables for website layout which is so out dated its unbelievable, we are in 2012 now CSS has been around for plenty long enough.

Do you actually know the use of the author tag?
    http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1408986&topic=2371375&ctx=topic

It would do virtually absolutely nothing at all for our website as its not a blog, so why would I waste time adding it to a site that pre-dated the use of it, when we have a new site going live very soon? I would like to say good try but the one thing you picked about our site means virtually nothing at all and would not help SERPs at all.

Just saying, if you don't want to listen that's fine, but as someone who is a customer to a web development company that's what I see wrong with your site. You can pretend to yourself nothing is wrong if you like but the things I picked up would all help your site if you fixed them.

You have even set the XHTML strict doc type yet have 22 errors, this will make virtually no difference at all in terms of SEO but would at least make your site look more professional.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
    johneva, May 1, 2012 IP
  20. UniqueWebDesigns

UniqueWebDesigns Member

Best Answers:
    if you need website coding or anything, why don't you give me a try?

UniqueWebDesigns, May 4, 2012 IP