1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

let's figure this out

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Hoppus, Apr 30, 2012.

with panda(or is it penguin)'s new update, there'll have to be some adjustments, a lot with link dev. so i think we should all put our talented minds together and come up with the best way to development backlinks for ranking purposes.

i'd like to hear from those with ideas, thoughts, and interest to reply.

from what i hear and from what i've read this has to do a lot links from low quality sources. and favoring big brand backlinks. but that's enough from me.

Hoppus, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  2. jwarnimo

jwarnimo Peon

Best Answers:
    With the Panda update there are still many ways to build links, many of them similar to the pre-Panda ways of building links. However, the way you just have to be smart about doing these link building tactics. Quality, quantity, speed and variety are essential when trying to build links. The standard link building tactics work such as social bookmarking, posting on quality (and niche) article directories, guest posting, Web 2.0 properties, forum commenting and natural linking. However, whenever using one of these methods you need to have high quality articles (for example) that will actually provide value to readers. Paying money for article spinning services will not only not help your cause, but it will hurt it. Google has begun flagging sites with low quality backlinks. The speed that you build links is also essential. If all of a sudden your site has 1000 backlinks overnight, a red flag will go up over at Google and your site will most likely be hurt in the search rankings. Quantity is deceiving, because many people think that hundreds of links on low quality sites will help, however you would much rather have a backlink from a relevant, high power site than 100 low quality backlinks. Finally, variety will also help build links in a post-Panda world. For example, when posting to article directories find a handful of them, instead of posting to Ezinearticles all the time, comment on various relevant blogs, post to Squidoo, Youtube, Blogger, etc etc etc. Happy linking!

jwarnimo, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  3. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Want the concentrate more is about the contents on your website... They should be high in quality... The content that Google looking for are not the one with SEO friendly.. It has become Reader friendly contents... Other than that, content with related image ill outrank all the other related content...:)

ContentVisionz, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  4. MTMann

MTMann Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I cant agree on that. Maybe they remove the Link Juice from low quality links, but penalizing I dont believe. Imagine I send your website every day to 100s or 1000s of low quality websites. That would be too easy for competitors to hurt you.

MTMann, May 1, 2012 IP
  5. linksolution

linksolution Member

Best Answers:
    There are few things to consider, for example if you wrote an article of 500 words, and you put your main keywords 3 times and you bold your keywords also, it is not natural in the eyes of search engine, you may bold one or two keywords, or some part of the keywords, you should also bold some important point in the article it would maintain density in boldness.

Apart from this if you have put your keyword in image then you should not put the exact keywords, should be longer, smaller or synonyms as well.

This think is applied in link building also, if you building link on only one keyword lets say "acne treatment" it would be counted as keyword stuffing, you have to use varieties of keywords like,
    acne treatment
    best acne treatments
    acne treatments
    top acne treatments
    acne treatments for adult
    cheap acne treatments
    acne products
    home made acne treatment
    acne remedy
    natural acne treatments etc.

linksolution, May 1, 2012 IP
  6. jwarnimo

jwarnimo Peon

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right. When I said penalizing I meant the link juice might go away. Chose my words incorrectly. I guess I just felt like it is still somewhat of a penalty to do all that work and get nothing out of it seeing the link juice removed.

jwarnimo, May 1, 2012 IP
  7. Kevin T Perry

Kevin T Perry Peon

Best Answers:
    EXACTLY!

I think people get too caught up in optimizing for Google that they totally forget that it's visitors to your website that make you money. My philosophy has always been to not make myself go crazy trying to stay up to date with all Google's changes, but instead just making sure that I go about things ethically and making sure my content is up to date and informational.

Kevin

Kevin T Perry, May 1, 2012 IP
  8. financeindi

financeindi Peon

Best Answers:
    these are new updates by google for spammers and un legitamated websites

financeindi, May 2, 2012 IP