1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Massive Drop in keyword rankings and site traffic

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by gurlmae, Apr 25, 2012.

Hello! Our site has experienced significant decrease in SERP rankings and traffic last week. Does anyone have the same experience?

These are the strategies we have followed for our site:
    1. article marketing
    2. blog commenting
    3. guest blogging
    4. forum posting
    5. social bookmarking
    6. participating in Yahoo answers
    7. creating web 2.0

We are not yet active in social media but our keyword ranks have been steadily increasing until all of them suddenly dropped in the SERPs. The decrease was very significant, some even went from page 1 to nothing at all.

Please help me. Did anyone experience this recently? What should we do to correct this problem? I will greatly appreciate all your help. Thanks.

gurlmae, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  2. Altravis1982

Altravis1982 Peon

Best Answers:
    Because social media come into factor for ranking in search engines

Altravis1982, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  3. namousse

namousse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I noticed the same thing

namousse, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  4. stepbystep

stepbystep Member

Best Answers:
    Its happened because google has update his algorithm and panalyze many sites and drop their rankings on serp.

stepbystep, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  5. crungureanu

crungureanu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A lot of members are complaining about the same thing. Everybody is confused :(.

crungureanu, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  6. gurlmae

gurlmae Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I've seen also in other places that lots of people have experienced the same drop. I hope I can find the best solution to solve this.

gurlmae, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  7. crungureanu

crungureanu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    gurlmae, have you checked your competition (the ones that you were usually competing against)? Are they still on top? If they are, try to find out how they are promoting their site.
    And another thing, try to promote yourself using some of Google's services - have a blog on blogspot, post comments on blogspot blogs, have a few videos on youtube etc. I haven't experienced great drops lately for my website, but some of my friends did. And these are the only differences I could find regarding the promoting methods.
    Plus, I have noticed that the no. of visitors sent by Google on my blogspot blog increases faster than before.
    I do not know if this is the reason, but this is what I noticed.
    Try to change the content a bit on your homepage or any other page and optimize it for 1 or 2 other keywords that have low competition (and a maximum of 20-30000 sites for the exact keyword). Put the keyword in the title, in the first header (and second, third, if you have them), 2-3 times in the first paragraph, 1-2 times in the second paragraph, create links to another page of your site from one or two of them, and make a few "bold". Ping the site after and see what happens by the beginning of next week - you should rank in the first 50 at least, if it is done properly. This works for me 9 out of 10 times. You will find out this way if Google has a "personal" problem with you, if you are not at least in the first 50.
    I hope this helps.

crungureanu, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  8. JasonJan1

JasonJan1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here. My visitors dropped also 80% because of this. If it will be like this in the futur, then it's time to stop with my websites next year. Then at least I've got no more money and time wasted, trying to promote my sites for nothing.

JasonJan1, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  9. gurlmae

gurlmae Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, thank you very much, crungureanu :) I will do my best to do what you have suggested. We already have created a few blogs on major platforms to help promote our main site. We may need to push more traffic into these blogs as well. I have checked our competitor sites before but I haven't checked in a while. I will check their sites again. Thank you very much, appreciate your suggestions.

gurlmae, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  10. gurlmae

gurlmae Peon

Best Answers:
    80% drop? That's sad. But I hope you can recover fast. Don't give up.

gurlmae, Apr 27, 2012 IP
  11. ekhlas

ekhlas Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are posting in niche as well as respected sites then you should not face this situation from my point of view. Did you post anything in bad neighborhood or spammy niche sites?

ekhlas, May 3, 2012 IP