1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to invest $1000 on advertising!?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by nekrosis, Apr 20, 2012.

It's driving me crazy... I've tried everything...

* I've bought unimaginable amounts of backlinks, directory submissions, blog comments, links on home pages with high PR, etc...
    * My website is first page on all the keywords I could imagine for my niche (working on some big ones too).
    * I've invested in AdWords (a total waste of time and money).
    * I've invested in BuySellAds (another waste of money).

I just don't know what else I can do to receive more traffic and conversions.

My niche is something new, something that doesn't has a lot of keywords with a lot of searches.

This is my website: www.IntroMaker.NET

I'm really out of ideas. I'm making some money, but I need more and it seems like I've already squeezed all my possibilities.

I would like some advice... where to invest in advertising, why, help me understand what am I doing wrong, what I'm forgetting about.

nekrosis, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  2. heredia21

heredia21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check my signature.

heredia21, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  3. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Look at mine... now be honest... there is no way I can obtain results from BB's.

4. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    End of the SEO line. If you have no more keywords to rank for then you can only try to get referral traffic. Looks like you need to get a facebook page and advertise the hell out of it.

On a side note having 768 backlinks is not a ton of backlinks. I have like 20,000+ on one of my sites and I'm still trying to rank the stupid thing.

Laceygirl, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  5. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know, but I can't abuse neither... I've bought and made more than 150k of links, most of them are nofollow so, they only help to get a few extra visitors, not helping on rankings.

I don't really think I'm doing a bad seo, even while the site has no SEF URL's, I'm ok with the traffic from Google, now I'm working on keywords that really doesn't really fit my niche, but they are too much searches that maybe I can get some conversions from there.

I need to add more designs, I'm aware of that, we have like 100 more to add, is just I'm who adds them and I'm lazy :p

I was wondering... is there is any online way to get a TV commercial on cable channels?

6. hola277

hola277 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you haven't been making sales after all of this maybe you need to rethink you product and your market

hola277, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  7. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Take your losses and start fresh

TheSyndicate, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  8. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am making sales, but... I want more.

Probably I should advertise on YouTube, never tried that, I've only used adwords for search engine results.

9. multigraphics

multigraphics Member

Best Answers:
    use facebook advertising, it has became very popular now a days to drive traffic, or to promote your business.

multigraphics, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  10. fcliang008

fcliang008 Peon

Best Answers:
    For PPC, if you do not familiar with this area, $1, 000 is not enough. If you are expert in this area, you will make $1, 500 with $1, 000 every day.

fcliang008, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  11. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about AdWords with "convertions settings" I've already done that. The results were not good enough, there was no keyword with better income ratio than the invested.

nekrosis, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  12. David26

David26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good question. I am in the same boat as you. It is really hard to find sites that can actually bring you quality traffic without losing money. When adwords first came out it was better since most keywords would cost $0.05 but now with all of the competition you need to pay $5.00 per click just to get a view heh. I tried Facebook too and only attracted losers without a job from that site. I am willing to spend more if I can actually receive a profit.

David26, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If i may make some suggestions, i think the layout on your website could be improved to better reflect what your service is providing, and what you can do for your current clients.

For me, (and im sure others feel the same way) your site is dominated by a 2minute video on how to do it. The movie is fine, but if your main part of the site had 4 fantastic example of work, and you had your current video shrunk down as "see tutorial", and replace the number "1" with "Create your own animated logo in 2 minutes"

Dont get me wrong, your site is excellent, i just think that it might be possible to get a higher conversion rate if you tweak it slightly.

matt_62, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  14. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    my view, invest all of ur money in stock market- power sector only for 2-3 yrs for around 500%-1000% gain. :)

indiasbull, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  15. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, I think AdWords similar websites would be better than AdWords itself. AdWord is getting too expensive.

I didn't tried facebook, but I know it would be just to get some traffic... no conversions at all... I'm sure about it.

I think I need to get into Youtube business niche.

nekrosis, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  16. Spiderdog20

Spiderdog20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adwords can be good if you know hot to set it up properly. Though its not the cheapest. But also 20$ is not enough to test. Did you do split tests?

Spiderdog20, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  17. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    $20 bucks? I've spent more than 2200$ on AdWords, first $200 to make a test on the keywords and get the best conversion rate keywords, then I've spent $2000 more, I did received a lot of conversions, but not enough to cover the initial amount spent on advertising, so, the price per click is killing me.

18. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you had a go with Facebook advertising wise,i have to admit something sounds drastically wrong with this setup and it seems that you are throwing good money after a possible bad venture.If it was me i would honestly sit down and try a fathom out what the problem is because what ever you do does not produce better result.

Good luck with it but you do have to think this one through as you will run out of money before long.

Mega B, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  19. nekrosis

nekrosis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually, I've forgot to mention that we receive a lot of customized jobs, that's why we keep spending money on advertising, we do make money to cover the advertising and make a decent income, but not with the automated functions in the website which is basically the website's idea.

This is not an economical crisis, we do make money, but we know there are thousands of people that could be using our system, we're just trying to reach them somehow.

We'll keep the hard work on YouTube, I think there are our missing sales.

20. billvella

billvella Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. The product is excellent, your site design could be better. How about feeder sites to this site? Small free sites targeting more keywords pointing to your money site. Or multiple YouTube videos doing the same thing.

billvella, Apr 24, 2012 IP