1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tired of the Google Tyranny?

Discussion in 'Google' started by visio, Nov 14, 2006.

1. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    - I hate it when people assume i was talking about algo flaws :rolleyes:

- Never complained about that.

- It's completely ran by money and barely any quality

I have had so many fraudulant clicks refunded (thousands?) it's not even funny. It wouldn't be possible for me to actually converse with google as often as it would've taken if they didn't have a "system" in place - & even with what they caught, i know they haven't caught (near?) it all, it's quite possible they miss a bit+ - I can accept this. But let me put it to you this way. If you're actually conversing with google every time you find or think you have fraud. You haven't seen anything.

- Right except that part where an entire group of 8-16 ads in a row are higher paying low quality sites

JKE, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  2. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh and regarding

I just did a 'specific' search on yahoo and checked the ads displaying.

Out of the only 5 ads that are listed. I found 2 actual relevant results. One ~very (compared to the ~direct competitor on google) relevant. Another highly-relevant (dead on/high quality+) result. I don't know if you read what i posted in my last thread. But that can't be said for google.

And if you think this is specific to a niche, as i indicated in the thread before, let's go ahead and pick another.

JKE, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  3. saneinsight

saneinsight Guest

Best Answers:
    It's actually putting me off using this forum. there are so many users on here that are paranoid with and obsessed by google. Who has the time to spend all day on here? Mostly it's the whingers and whiners. Maybe if they spent the time working hard on there sites, they'd see better results. I don't have any adsense sites, i don't use Adwords and yet i'm doing really well in the serps, top 10 for two big keywords and top 20 for another 4. I get over 100 referals from google everyday. I work for it. They really should start banning sites with nothing but adsense on them. That and blogs. There are some cases where blogs are fine, but who cares about the thousands of blogs out there just created to attract SE's with no useful content.

saneinsight, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  4. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha... now that's the spirit.... I was watching this thread for the sheer enjoyment of it... Visio did enough yipping for me ( as usual ) .....

Not to be a complete as... but now U joined in to whine about the whiners... bruu ha ha ha ha....

I just love this thread..pure Gold folks .... thanks for the levity

thegypsy, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  5. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly who does that money belong to? Be honest. It is click-fraud and if you ever become a advertiser you will thank those who are honest. I would never want to make my adsense money of from click-fraud and try to make sure it is all reported. I could care less if I lose that $100...

You should write the dummies approache to the internet. It may be useful for other nuts suffering from the same disease.

Ps. A statement like that even in the eyes of newbies will make you look stupid. Everyone knows yahoo ads can't be compared to Googles as far as relevancy is concerned and I noticed you left out those 'exact' listings you mentioned.

visio, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  6. JKE

JKE Peon

Best Answers:
    Look i made the effort to be pretty damn clear what the last thread was about. I'm sorry that you had problems understanding it.

Since you are inept.

http://www.cbronline.com/

This was one of the first results, granted it's tech news, and that urks me a little, compared to the competitor found on google when searching for the exact same thing. This is a much better site. Many++ more feeds. Many of which are not near as bloggish. This sites quality borderline blows the competitor (on google) (being advertised) out of the water.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/

This site, unlike ANYTHING we found at google *AT ALL* Not only has ACTUAL content, it's actually FULLY+ relevant to my search phrase. Not only that, but they have ACTUAL *REAL* feeds. Many+++++ of them.

Now if i reference my last thread, regarding money driven irrelevance on google. I went through around 20 different advertisements and essentially found *nothing* minus the one competitor tech site that gets basically blown away by the one above^

We found MFA, template, no-content driven sh*t on google. That's what we found. Many+ of them were completely shady websites. That if not were completely broken, had absolutely **nothing** to offer.

Granted out of the 5 advertisements found on yahoo. I would've wished more then 2 were revelant. However compared to google. There is little comparison regarding the quality of the sites found here.

JKE, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  7. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    " Tired of the Google Tyranny?"

Yes, I am.

As an end-user I can confidently say Google is not nearly as good as 4-5 years ago. Seeing all the MFA sites, I would add the entire internet is worse off with Goo everywhere.

gemini181, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  8. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    You know I have always suspected you work for Google since you have joined DP...dont ask why ;)

Well sure I am not going to complain that Google sends thousands of potential customers to my sites on a daily basis at no cost and that pays for my rent.

Did my sites experience drop-outs during updates? Of course but what else can I expect from a free service that puts money in my pocket?

cormac, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  9. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol I have heard that before. I don't like some of the things they do and have had changes made(small ones) but atleast they listen.

visio, Nov 15, 2006 IP
    bestoptimized likes this.
  10. Florida

Florida Peon

Best Answers:
    I think most are missing the point to this. It isnt what we as seo's or webmasters or site owners think, its what the general public believes that is relevant or not. I posted this true story about a friend of mine who is what we all target, the average Mr. John Q Public in another thread.

You have to remember this guy does know what PR or seo is as it relates to the search engines. So in my mind he is the average public consumer we all target.

He was searching Google just last week and everything he pulled up within the first 3 pages was nothing related to the information he was looking for. Yes they had the sites seo'd for those phrases but no useful information, most were made for adsense sites.

After this he went to live.com and sure enough in the first page he found what he was searching for. Now the moral to this story is, no matter what any of us think, its the general public that decides what is relevant and what isnt.

If the general public feels what Google is offering or Yahoo or MSN isnt relevant to the information they are looking for then anyone of those search engines could be put out of business. Consumers are more savvy marketing wise than any of us give them credit for. Most of them are learning to weed through the BS marketing and this includes sites made for adsense.

Its human nature, no one likes a single company to control any type of market, search engines included. More and more consumers IMHO will rebel against Google as the other SEs start to offer the same products as Google does since they are what is precieved by the public as being the king of the hill. This is nothing more than simple human nature, none of us want to see the big bully on the street get any bigger.

Here is an article about how consumers past and present feel about big business. Google is in this category as well as MSN and Yahoo IMO.

Now on a personal note, I know some of the tricks and some of the manipulation that is used to gain some of these rankings on Google and I can tell you for myself I am tired of seeing all the spam on Google.

Visio you are right Yahoo isnt any better, but I am personally seeing MSN trying to make a difference. Before Fryman says anything about Sites being ranked above me, I have several sites ranked #1 for some very competitive key phrases in Google, so my concern is not about my sites but for the general public.

Google again IMHO is in for a fight with MSN. With the upcoming release of MS new OS system which will feature MSN as the default, I can see a lot of traffic heading that way. Yes Google has been the first to come out with some nice tools for webmasters but not the average internet user. The SE that addresses the average user will be the one that gains control of these SE wars and this war is about more than providing relevant search results.

I have ducked for cover, so I am ready for those shots coming back :D

Florida, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  11. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    If you don't like it don't use it. I agree with you Mr. Viso!

check, Nov 15, 2006 IP
    visio likes this.
  12. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you paying a pitiful 10x verified income, like so many others, or more like 20x? :p

gemini181, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  13. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think I have heard this commercial before. I love pictionary. Want to do another one? Will this be fiction as well?

[On a serious note I think at times(very small chance) but at times you may find the MSN results more relevant to what THAT particular searcher wants. Again freedom of choice is awesome.
    But I can provide you with 1000's of live users that can say the same thing only they found it at Google. I have talked with many of these.

You name the price mate. What is the site worth to you?

visio, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  14. basicus

basicus Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you are all right (or wrong). Google is the king of the hill yeah. But I do remember well when Altavista had that position. It's so easy to forget that the consumers (you and me) has a very low degree of feeling regarding what search engine they use. It's all boiling down to relevancy. If they can't find what they are looking for, ANY search engine is useless.

basicus, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  15. Florida

Florida Peon

Best Answers:

You make my point for me Visio, its the consumer that will decide, its not the webmasters that gain or lose rankings, its not you, its not me, its not even Google, its the consumer and what they find relevant. I will add though the average consumer is not a member of DP. ;)

Florida, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  16. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll accept that - you are probably right. And I believe Google trys to provide what the consumer wants and that is why alot of times Matt Cutts is used to say something that would hopefully sway a majority of webmasters from using methods such as getting .edu/gov links(because of the large spam they recieve) and other methods so as to keep everything organic and not artificial.

I also agree with basicus. If a searcher doesn't find what they want on any search engine all have failed that searcher but how many millions everyday do find what they want? You can't please everyone even if you were perfect.And google isn't perfect so we shouldn't expect perfection.

visio, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  17. bestoptimized

bestoptimized Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as Adwords if that is what your talking about.
    Google is cracking down on junky sites that are advertising with Adwords.
    See Shoemoney's blog.

If you are talking about organic results Google is still far better than any competition. I ignore any spam I see (I don't have time to report).
    I think it is impossible to run any search engine without spam.
    See http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=176646 .
    There is a guy that is spamming the search engines and he's posting right here on digitalpoint and he's recruiting more people to do the same (73 at last count). For every 1 person Google bans there are 5 more.
    In my opinion Google is doing a very good job that must be a near impossible task - judging by Yahoo and MSN's results.
    I find Yahoo results terrible with MSN being almost as bad.

bestoptimized, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  18. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more, props!

Ferrarislave, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  19. parusa619

parusa619 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well it is a big return on income if our page goes to the top SERP of Google, so we must conquer all the odds before reaching that status

parusa619, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  20. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is any tyranny. They don't to anything specifically to you, unless you bend the rules. All the others are changes to all groups. It's their service and they can change their rank algos whenever they want, and change adsense or adwords policies too. We, the clients, can just decide to use them or not. If anyone don't like them, don't use them.

Coupons, Nov 18, 2006 IP
    visio likes this.