1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Became a Victim of Webmoney Fraud today :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by spicejar, Apr 5, 2012.

Hi all !!

Want to bring it to the notice of fellow DP ppl here that i fell victim to a Fraud done by a Fellow Dpian today ... his DP id is INDIAN123 ......

I was defrauded to an amt of $450 today .... :( :(

i was looking for a withdrawal from Webmoney as i had some amt in it ... I was scouting for options for withdrawal as WM doesn't have a withdrawal option to India ( Iam from India ) ...Saw this guy active in webmoney related threads and just enquired him through PM as he was around for sometime in DP with around 570 posts and was also seen active in many a thread ... so thought this guy was genuine and went for him ..
    he accepted to exchange webmoney as he said he was also looking for some WMZ currency ... at first i was a bit sceptical ...so i asked him to send me a invoice first for a smaller amt ... But i was unable to log into WM as i was having some problems due to some technical blocks and was unable to transfer ...
    And i asked him to look elsewhere ...he said it was ok and told to contact him whenever i was fine to transfer .... I totally forgot everything due to this problem and arnd 2 weeks later he mailed me saying he wanted some wmz currency and whether i had it .. i told i was still having the problem ... last week my problem got solved ..and i din't know how to withdraw wmz to an Indian bank account so enquired ... he said he could buy but only upto $450 ( i was having arnd $700) ...out of urgency and trust i accepted the offer and he took my bank details for deposit and the transfer was done ... the next day he called me up and told that the transfer has been done ....

But when i checked today the there was no transfer and i enquired with the bank officials and they said no such trfr is pending ...i tried calling him in his numebr ...at first someone took and said it was a wrong number ... then the number was switched off for the entire day ...and in the evening he had it disconnected and now i was getting there was no such number ... i tried several mails to his mail id ... no response and suddenly now it bounced saying there was no such mail id ....i tried to PM him thorugh Dp but noticed he had restrcited his a/c from recieving PM from others ....

He took advantage of my newbieness to Webmoney and tricked and defrauded me ... this was a good lesson
    I fell victim to my urgency and stupidness and was taught a good lesson ...Hope this proves as a warning to me not to trust outsiders even if your in an urgency ... just wanted to share this news so that fellow DP ians dont fall trap to this guy....

Just today discovered that his Webmoney Id was created on february 21 only ... just 3 days before my registration over there ...

He goes by many names ... Anil Mahato , Ananta , Indian123 , etc.. and he keeps on changing his nickname in WM also ..

Guys beware of this incident and be sure and safe in your future transactions so that you don't end up like me ...

Request Admin to blacklist this ID asap ...

Thx..

spicejar, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  2. spicejar

spicejar Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys ...am having some remaining amount in my WM a/c ... could you suggest some safe and reliable and secure method to withdraw it to an Indian bank account .. some relaible way and tested one ... as iam crest fallen as it was my hard earned money and a huge one too and i want to be double sure this time arnd ...

spicejar, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  3. ahmadlucky

ahmadlucky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i can understand what are you feeling rite now... but you should have searched about him, as i searched with his DP username INDIAN123 and i found many complaints against him...
    next time, must check the reputation and other details of the user you want to deal with....

ahmadlucky, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  4. web4all

web4all Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Have you reported this to WM staff? If not yet, do this. They must have some tools to track the fraudster

web4all, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  5. johnnywebb

johnnywebb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear. At least now you know this fraud and it's a good thing you reported it here for everyone to know about it. Thanks,

johnnywebb, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  6. beatgenerals

beatgenerals Peon

Best Answers:
    Always do some research before you deal with people on the internet, lesson learned!

beatgenerals, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  7. mebiplob

mebiplob Active Member

Best Answers:
    mebiplob, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  8. web4all

web4all Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably because some clients use webmoney to pay for goods or services

web4all, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  9. Soccerov

Soccerov Peon

Best Answers:
    First go to webmoney support and arbitrage service. they will help to block a user that has stolen you money, then you can use official services to withdraw webmoney on their website.

Soccerov, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  10. Link-Building-Club

Link-Building-Club Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry to hear about your loss...this will be a lesson to all of us!

Link-Building-Club, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  11. Soccerov

Soccerov Peon

Best Answers:
    WebMoney have an official withdrawal service for India. banking . gdcert.com / PayOut / Payment . aspx

Soccerov, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  12. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is Really A Bad Incident That Happened to you. Why don't you use Webmoney certified Exchangers who can transfer money to your Bank account from WebMoney. I am always use Exchangers for withdrawing my money from Webmoney. Last but not the least always check the reviews for the exchangers in Google.

iwebsocial, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  13. truhlyachok

truhlyachok Peon

Best Answers:
    Bad experience, accept my sympathy. It's very unfortunate, but it happens all the time, if due diligence and checking procedures is missing.

truhlyachok, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  14. Eugene111

Eugene111 Banned

Best Answers:
    Webmoney is a perfect payment system. As for fraud - I guess your cheater quickly transferred WMZ to the other ID and he doesn't care about blocking. What Business Level (BL) does he have in a system? If it is close to zero, than that ID was registered recently and just for such fraud.

I don't recommend to deal with low BL services and people. BL was designed to distinguish such cheaters from people who honestly use this system for years.

P.s. I am sorry, you were cheated. Be careful in future.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    Eugene111, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  15. O Morgan

O Morgan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In any area there are always a lot of scammers. And when it comes to electronic money – you must be especially careful.

O Morgan, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  16. Mr Wrigth

Mr Wrigth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wrote in this thread before the Catastrophic Cluster Failure, but I just want to say again that WebMoney is a good settlement system, and I am very satisfied.

Mr Wrigth, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  17. O Morgan

O Morgan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yea, it's pretty nice. For each transaction you will be charged a 0.8% fee of no less than 0.01WM.

O Morgan, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  18. mysteriox

mysteriox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nowdays is not enough their rep. here, years, and posts.

I was scammed for $2.000 from a very reputable member here, with 4.000 posts and 6 years in DP.

mysteriox, Jun 13, 2013 IP
    IG2010 likes this.
  19. sam_pras

sam_pras Member

Best Answers:
    Spicejar, if you live in India, you can register a case against him in the local station. Its easy, and you will get justice for sure, because tracking him will be a breeze, since you know all his user accounts, PLUS you have his MOBILE number! What more do u want! Just go and do it!! $450 is NOT a small amount to let go, unless you are an ambani. :)

sam_pras, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  20. escrow.ms

escrow.ms Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm indian and i know better, indian police won't do anything, they don't even know what webmoney is.
    Spicejar you can use webmoney arbitrage system and make complaint against that guy's wmid, his account will get locked and possibly you will get money back if funds are still there.

And by the way, webmoney have withdrawal system, you don't need to exchange funds, you can withdraw them to your bank account easily,you just need to fill bank information on site, if you don't know how to do that contact me i will help.

escrow.ms, Jun 18, 2013 IP