1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. sofiaisabella01

sofiaisabella01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't understand how can i use it for social media optimization for gaining more traffic?

sofiaisabella01, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  2. superdav42

superdav42 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been working on modifying Glype to fully support the desktop version of facebook. I got it mostly working now, the only thing that doesn't is the instant chat feature but regular message sending still works fine. I hope I can get some more people to test it and give feed back. Please check it out at www.facebook.com.getby.us Let me know if you find any problems with facebook or any other site.

superdav42, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  3. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wow this is 1000th pages milestone for this thread. I havent been to this thread for so long and now it hit 1000th. congrats!

tradeya, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  4. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Anyone elses proxys droped over the easter holidays?

SKULL, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  5. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I had that too. It's to be expected really, in the UK most people had monday and friday off as a long weekend. I believe it was Good Friday in the USA as well and I'm sure many more countries had public holidays. This is a good sign of what to expect in the upcoming summer months.

venturefox, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  6. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think school kids and students in UK are not back till next week, don't know if its like that is US and other places too.

SKULL, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  7. trafficpromo

trafficpromo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most definately. Dropped to almost nothing for 3 days. Took me a while to realise why though lol.
    And interestingly enough around 7am this morning (by adsense time) I'd hit the $5 point for the day. Then half an hour later my impressions had still gone up, clicks were the same, yet my earnings had about $2 knocked off. I was not impressed with that.On the plus side I'm still earning around $15 a day worth of proxynoid credits to kickstart new sites as I bring them online.

trafficpromo, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  8. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]
    hello guys. got my old PR3 proxy listing site up online again. pls have time to submit your fresh proxy sites. thank you!

geekos, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  9. mobimasti0

mobimasti0 Peon

Best Answers:
    i need fastest youtube proxy for streaming..
    and resume-able download proxy.
    plz give me.

mobimasti0, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  10. Leriss

Leriss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of sites are worthy of any interest in advertising on them ?
    Which proxy toplists give the best results for their price ?

EDIT: Post #20000 :D !

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    Leriss, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  11. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    Personally I go for the more is better approach and submit my sites to around 100 toplists, Along with about a dozen top tier links for a couple of weeks and finish it off with an email blast to a couple of hundred thousand members. Total cost to me around 5 bucks. along with about an hours work and a bit of monitoring.. I'm considering offering this as a service to DP members but I have to get some agreements from suppliers first.

trafficpromo, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  12. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As someone who owns a few proxy lists and develops new proxy sites, certain parts of this approach are a bad idea. I think it's much better to figure out the best proxy lists in terms of quality and how many visitors they send. I've noticed a lot of proxy lists which, for example, accept hundreds of free .tk domains each day which can degrade the overall list for everybody. On the flip side, it can look very spammy to have a 100 proxy lists on just a small proxy site. Unless you hide them by changing css values which is unfair to the proxy list owner sending you free traffic and is looked upon poorly by search engines too.

venturefox, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  13. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    You're probably right. I haven't tested this versus your way or cutting back just a few proxy lists. I might go testing several different ways using seperate tracking for each site and test to see what performs best in terms of money over a month or two.

trafficpromo, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  14. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    I've tried the cheap stuff forum, and the link exchange forum, but had no luck. I need to promote my proxy list and I'm about to start making some posts on some other forums but first I'm going to make one last attempt here. Submit your proxy to my toplist at proxpromo In any way you choose. Free listings with no backlink will stay for 30 days provided your site is still online, Free listings with backlink will stay a full year providing your linkback stays online, or there are options for paid listings also.

Submit your site then PM me here with your link and I will mail it out to my yahoo group which is up to 182 members at proxpromo yahoo group Average rate of growth has been around 10 new members each weekday. I'm off to work in a couple of hours but will answer any PMs when I finish.

trafficpromo, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  15. fattwam

fattwam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    fattwam, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  16. Pixel T.

Pixel T. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think this isn't a good place to post this but I thought I would give you proxy addicts a heads up :)

I've decided I kept this website for far too long and I have no plans for it. Registered in August of 2008. Custom Design.

[​IMG]

It comes with full rights to the logo, design, coding, ect. Basically, everything you see there will be yours.

PM me offers.

Pixel T., Apr 17, 2012 IP
  17. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    who has a list of proxy listing sites without CAPTCHA?
    I'm planning to update my imacro proxy submitter and share it on this thread :)

geekos, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  18. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    hmmm, I wouldn't have thought many would allow submissions like that due to spam. I know of around 100 that require registration and login but no captcha. Would that help you at all?

trafficpromo, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  19. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes that will do :).
    Pm me the list.

thanks

geekos, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  20. trafficpromo

Best Answers:
    Gimme a few hrs, I'm about to have dinner and all the sites are bookmarked so I will have to go through and copy them all down and check which ones don't have captcha as I manually do all my submissions now. You will get a PM in the next few hrs though.

trafficpromo, Apr 20, 2012 IP