1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

high bounce rate for my keyword traffic

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by atforums.digitalpoint, Apr 1, 2012.

My site has an average bounce rate of 73 %. My target keywords are 'anger management', and my bounce rate for traffic to my site from those keywords is 90 percent.

I tried significantly altering my site look but it didn't help at all. My site is not a bad looking site, so I am wondering what is happening. It can't be my content driving people away because they leave as soon as they arrive.

My theory is that it is a behaviour pattern of people searching 'anger management'. Perhaps that population doesn't stay on pages? Could that explain it? I realize that it is not possible to know for sure, but I'm just putting this out there to see what people think.

Also, does anyone know if there is some way I could research this possibility, to find out how my target audience behaves online?

atforums.digitalpoint, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  2. iphoneappdevelopment

iphoneappdevelopment Peon

Best Answers:
    Using relevant keywords, tags and content and posting them to the appropriate pages by selecting correct categories attracts the right traffic to your site and as a result your bounce rate reduces.

iphoneappdevelopment, Apr 6, 2012 IP
  3. monica82r

monica82r Peon

Best Answers:
    High bounce rate means your site is not giving desired info to visitors, look and feel is good to attract visitors for 3-5 seconds so try to give more useful information and also include related videos. This will solve your problem to some extent.

monica82r, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  4. QuickRankSEO

QuickRankSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    You just need different ad copy, learn about split testing and try many different versions of your page until you find the most profitable one.

QuickRankSEO, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  5. seoroyal

seoroyal Peon

Best Answers:
    Where does the raffic come from ? And your data are you getting it from analytics?

When you are using google adwords, you should start to add negative keywords with a high bounce rate

seoroyal, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  6. sufalamtech

sufalamtech Peon

Best Answers:
    I have same issue for bounce rate, My website has unique content as well all features of on page optimization factors but not able to decrease bounce rate of website. can anyone suggest what i have to do?

sufalamtech, Apr 12, 2012 IP
  7. Brynnae

Brynnae Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the content you had written on website are not interesting enough to read. You can change the content and make it interesting enough so that it can reduce bounce rate.

Brynnae, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  8. howpakistan1

howpakistan1 Peon

Best Answers:
    PAKISTAN information beautiful lakes, valleys, list of all cities and mountain series, glaciers, history, culture, traditions, Tourism in Travel in Pakistan

howpakistan1, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  9. jessysmith

jessysmith Peon

Best Answers:
    if your website content is not good the bounce rate will be high for your website

jessysmith, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  10. TWeber_TheSBA

TWeber_TheSBA Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a good point. To add to what Michael posted, it depends on how your site is organized. If visitors are finding what they are looking for quickly on the entry page, a high bounce rate is not a huge issue. So if the OP's site is a reference site regarding anger management, his site visitors might click on another page to access more info, a blog, an article. If that's the case, then bounce rate isn't a good factor in determining the success of that entry page.

TWeber_TheSBA, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  11. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using popups? Popups, ad. placement and content can all be factors in a high bounce rate. If you aren't a reference site which has the intention of redirecting visitors then you may want to consider how valuable your content is to your visitors. Re-evaluating your content can't hurt and since Google highly favors original content. It isn't a factor to be overlooked even if your bounce rate isn't too bad.

JPC-Sabrina, Apr 16, 2012 IP
  12. casand

casand Peon

Best Answers:
    quality content , relevant keyword, link building will make your website to crawl

casand, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  13. LokeshSingh

LokeshSingh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Optimize your landing page, and optimize ads keyword & copy very relevant. Then check the status.

LokeshSingh, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  14. dannyyoung

dannyyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Before selecting the keyword make sure that you follow all the step of keyword research and 50 to 60 % bounce rate is average but if this no exceed that you have reason to worry about it.

dannyyoung, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  15. paramjose

paramjose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    atforums.digitalpoint,

I have checked your website and found that it is not too attractive. Header does not have logo, color is also dull, design is too boring. Your page has one consultation form which is not fixed on right place. Please make it attractive and fix it on top right of the page. Create some internal linking and you will get positive results. If you need keyword ranking tool then i suggest you to try out rankwatch.com. It is a pre launch tool where you can get 20% off on email subscription. I have subscribed to it also.

paramjose, Apr 20, 2012 IP
  16. Beatplexity

Beatplexity Active Member

Best Answers:
    add this to your GA code

setTimeout('pageTracker._trackEvent(\'NoBounce\',\'NoBounce\',\'Over 30 seconds\')',30000);

It will mean if a visitor looks at your site for 30 secs and then exits it will not count it as a bounce rate

The reason we ad this is that its perfectly plausable that a visitor came to your site, read the information and obtained everything they needed and then carried on with their business (ie - going to another site)

it should give you a more accurate bounce rate statisitc

you can change the number to whatever you want, so say you have a really long page and say it would take 2 mins on average to skim it all then you would change the 30000 to 120000

Beatplexity, Apr 22, 2012 IP
  17. sagaradsennse

sagaradsennse Member

Best Answers:
    Yes monica82r is 100% true.
    Place relevant content and video on your site and you will get 100% result.

sagaradsennse, Apr 22, 2012 IP