1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling FreeDiskSpace.com For Sale

Discussion in 'Sites' started by tyankee, Mar 29, 2012.

This site was the original Myspace site back in 1999 and later changed to a Myspace resource site. When i bought it 5 years ago it was making $8000 a month. That was using Yahoo ads which no longer exist. And that was at the height of the Myspace craze. Since then, we've tried a few things with the site but really haven't had the time to start something new up. We are selling the site mostly based on the domain name - which is a great 3 word domain name with 90000 natural searches a month. The only income the site is making now is from paid links and some Adsense. Interested parties can contact me via PM to work out a deal.

tyankee, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  2. untitledstudios

untitledstudios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How exactly are you justifying the price tag? 1,000 uniques + mediocre domain?

untitledstudios, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  3. tyankee

tyankee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL.. I guess it's mediocre to you.

tyankee, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  4. CuBeGroup

CuBeGroup Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    We've seen many people who've fallen in love with their site, or got in too deep and have over-priced it. The domain is a good one, and previous revenues do give it a boost. However, $50,000 is not a price that we would recommend when listing something here - although you could get that asking price somewhere else(also you might want to verify ownership asking anywhere near that).

What you've got there is a site that used to be popular because of MySpace, and myspace is declining at an incredible rate. Feb 2010 to Mar 2011 it lost 43% of its user base, dropped to a 0.36% of Social Network share and this is apparently accelerating. So we do respect your honesty - and might want to factor another plan into your sale. Also you've stated that it has some revenue and the figure given is $100 per month. What you would need to do is to find a place where there are people looking to get a site going again or turn it into something new - try asking a broker to list it to their clients.

When they list it to their clients though they are going to want something to make it appealing - as we said. Considering Cloud computing is on the rise and you've got quite a good domain for that, then try looking at that. You may want to create a business plan or just a draft proposal that you can attach to the sale of it. You could even try and market the domain to other cloud computing companies at the present moment in time.

Thus you do have a very good domain name, aged and popular. However, this is not the right place to be asking top-dollar for it especially with the description you've got. So try and make it appealing, have a plan. If you want some help the you can ask and we can try and work something out, we've got all the contacts and expertise that might help you.

Thanks,

CuBe

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    CuBeGroup, Mar 29, 2012 IP
    untitledstudios likes this.
  5. tyankee

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

thanks for the input.. i've been doing this for many years so i'm aware of everything you stated.. sometimes i just like to put 'feelers' out there on a website - because sometimes, believe it or not, it works.. but in the long run, a more detailed marketing play does help to sell a site better.. this one just is such a good domain name for many potential uses, that someone who is in that market might decide they need to have it.. cloud computing is one, backups is another, photo storage, free websites, etc.

tyankee, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  6. CuBeGroup

CuBeGroup Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    @tyankee

Yes, the market is sometimes unpredictable and Tangled Web Ventures LLC is a firm we've heard of but the comment was to help any other potential bidders. We wish you luck in your sale.

Thanks,

CuBe

CuBeGroup, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  7. tyankee

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i can not get the ownership to verify.. tried both methods but neither works.. i think htaccess is causing the first method to fail and setting up the DNS record apparantly isn't working either..

tyankee, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  8. mvch

mvch Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 24
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    .NET is still available... anyone wants to make 25k ?

mvch, Mar 29, 2012 IP
    untitledstudios likes this.
  9. tyankee

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL.. be hard to age it 13 years though and get it 80000 backlinks aged also.. not to mention it's not as attractive as the .com but just in case, check out our trademark before doing anything stupid.

tyankee, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  10. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    20.0% - 1
    lol - what a waste of time

dayvo, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  11. JMDomains

JMDomains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you have a link to the trademark? As LegalForce and USPTO are showing no results for 'FreeDiskSpace'.

JMDomains, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  12. tyankee

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL. Sorry you wasted your time.

tyankee, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  13. tyankee

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes i do. If you are serious and place a serious bid, I will send you our legal paperwork.

tyankee, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  14. mvch

mvch Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 24
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    a trademark should be public. why do you show it if only someone bids on it ?

mvch, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  15. tyankee

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    because he can't seem to find it publicly?? and if people are serious, it's easy enough to show to them and not to the world. Just a pet peeve i have against 'tire kickers' and people that just like to place negative comments about anything and everything and really have no desire or funds to purchase something.

tyankee, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  16. mvch

mvch Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 24
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    to be honest, I think you are wasting your time here, people in this forum are not looking to invest 50,000 in to a domain which does not or have a little revenue at the moment. you might need to try flippa and similar markets where people come with larger budgets.. DP is a free market which almost everything goes under 1000.

mvch, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  17. tyankee

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i do 'tests' in many markets.. but thanks for your wealth of knowledge.

tyankee, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  18. tyankee

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I need to sell this site before the end of this year. It still ranks first for 'free disk space' and is 16 years old and can be used for a variety of applications (backups, image processing, videos, etc.). Make me a VALID offer and the first VALID offer i get I will sell it. If you bother me with offers like 'would you take $100 for it', i will not respond.

tyankee, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  19. tyankee

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    current stats are 1200 visitors in the last 30 days and still $0 in reported income.

tyankee, Dec 22, 2014 IP