1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many hours per day do you write?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by cowsgonemadd3, Mar 27, 2012.

I write a lot because it makes me money. I was wondering how many hours per day can you write before you get wore out?

I usually can put out 1500-2500 words per hour and get upset after just 2 hours of writing per day. I then proceed to do other work.

cowsgonemadd3, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a writer but do a lot of writing in the profession I'm in. I probably spend 2 hours per day writing all told. But at least it's not all in one segment. I don't think I could do 2 hours of writing straight. I tend to burn out after only 20 minutes or so.
    My head just won't work after that long,so I can't understand how writers can do it all day yet still produce.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  3. hope2life

hope2life Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't write even one 600 word article a day. I always get the articles done from others. Its a tiresome work. There are other easy ways to make money. Let the writers do all the hard work for you and you should enjoy getting traffic and gets clicks from site visitors on ads and make money without doing anything. Writers write and web developers upload and you enjoy profits. You just invest money and grow it.

hope2life, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  4. psychicmystery

psychicmystery Active Member

Best Answers:
    i usually write 300 words a day, it take me half an hour.

it is really hard work, but it is the only way i ever managed to make money from niche sites...

psychicmystery, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  5. yecall

yecall Peon

Best Answers:
    I write around 1600 words per hour IF (and only if) the research is already done beforehand. Also, I can achieve this if I have previous experience with the subject matter. for me, the research is the most time consuming phase of all.

yecall, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  6. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I can write 2,000 words a day if needed. But, lately I have only been pushing out about 1,000 due to other ventures I am exploring.

funmom91, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  7. SimonHaestoe

SimonHaestoe Peon

Best Answers:
    To anyone who is having a hard time writing: you need to be more strategic. You can't force ideas,for articles, to come out. Instead, let them come; have the subject somewhere in the back of your mind and, before you know it - when doing something relaxing, in the shower or before sleep - those ideas will come flowing. Those, you put down, as preliminary headlines, in your notebook. Below, each one of the headlines, you put sub-ideas (ideas, maybe for paragraphs). These, you let come to you, as well. Either do that, throughout the day, or sit down - completely relax - and look at the headline and just let your mind come up with something. Trust me - it works.

The key, to effective writing, is to let ideas come from you. If you do that, the stuff you come up with will be very inspiring; for you, to write about, and for the readers.

SimonHaestoe, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  8. kcareconnections

kcareconnections Member

Best Answers:
    Writing is my main source of income. I typically write for 6 or so hours each day of the week (including weekends). I do my writing at various times through the day since I have small children at home.

kcareconnections, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  9. Griffin Smith

Griffin Smith Peon

Best Answers:
    I wake up at 6am 5 days a week and write for 5 or 6 hours. I try to force myself into this habit to stay disciplined and productive, but it can be a pain after a while.

Griffin Smith, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  10. sarahdb

sarahdb Peon

Best Answers:
    I write full-time, so 5-6 hours a day on an average day. Longer than that if I have a deadline. It's easier when you're writing interesting stuff, rather than boring SEO stuff.

sarahdb, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  11. vserve

vserve Peon

Best Answers:
    vserve, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  12. workingaswriter

workingaswriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Some times I write up to 5000 words per day. I have blogs on various topics and I publish articles regularly. I spend lot of time in writing articles.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

workingaswriter, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  13. SimonHaestoe

SimonHaestoe Peon

Best Answers:
    2It's easier when you're writing interesting stuff, rather than boring SEO stuff. "<---yep, that's wht it's all about. few years ago, I looked forward to sit down and just write out some articles - FOR FUN. JUst because it all came from the heart and my own perspective. Write from your perspective, and writing will be very exciting and kind of like you're exploring something. I didn't earn anything by writing all of these articles (sometimes 25 in a day). Later, I wrote 600 articles in 2 months, and hated every second of it (at least the moments I couldn't simply SHUT OUT all the bad feelings).

SimonHaestoe, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  14. Dave Northcut

Dave Northcut Member

Best Answers:
    Research is the hardest part for me too. If I know enough about the topic to "write off the top of my head" it comes easy. If not it's much harder.

Dave Northcut, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  15. h.nest9

h.nest9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    3 hours perday, then do another thing...

h.nest9, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  16. evergreenone

evergreenone Guest

Best Answers:
    around 600 words per day

evergreenone, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  17. mukulkumarsharma

mukulkumarsharma Peon

Best Answers:
    around 3-4 hours max... including research... quality might go down if I do more... so i stick to 3...

mukulkumarsharma, Apr 8, 2012 IP
  18. bestwater

bestwater Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To tell the truth, i spend more time planning than writing. I spend about 2 hours a day writing.

bestwater, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  19. silencespr

silencespr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i hate writing period, what i hate even more is fixing crappy copy writing provided on the forums for sale.

silencespr, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  20. SimonHaestoe

SimonHaestoe Peon

Best Answers:
    "If I know enough about the topic to "write off the top of my head" it comes easy. If not it's much harder. "<----yeah. I took a writing course by a genius writer; and he simply googles stuff. I did this, and it worked brilliantly. You need to not be get hung up on details; but give the bigger picture.

SimonHaestoe, Apr 11, 2012 IP