1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Tool

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by toonbon, Mar 23, 2012.

I'm trying to make some sense out of the CPC and Volume numbers that Google's new Keyword tool brings back.

The image I've attached from the Keyword Tool shows only 28 searches a month for the phrase-matched "how to get a upc barcode". Yet the CPC is a very high $7.40.
    If I take out upc and enter a phrase-matched "how to get a barcode" the search volume goes up to 880 and the CPC goes down to $3.76.
    And then if I just use the less common spelling "bar code" instead of barcode, the search volume goes down to 140 a month and the CPC goes up to $4.37.

There's no quality difference I can see in any of these keywords since virtually all bar codes of any interest are upc and "barcode" and "bar code" are just spelling variations. So how is Google calculating the wildly different CPC rates? It doesn't seem that the people who are buying these keywords are doing anything special with the extra detail in the keywords. The visitors are just being dropped on the company's main landing page, the same as if the searcher had entered "barcodes" which has a much lower CPC: $2.48. Why would Google think these keywords are worth that much and why would anyone pay it?

adwords_img.jpg

Thanks for any insights.

toonbon, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  2. mrelk159

mrelk159 Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should search under "exact" and not "pharse" because it seems to be more accurate, and in terms of the CPC it is all about algorithms of google

mrelk159, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  3. lachlandv

lachlandv Peon

Best Answers:
    Using the exact option gives a much better impression of how used the search term is, phrase is much too broad giving a false impression for some.

lachlandv, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  4. pindians007

pindians007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think that you have choose the right option as the phrase search,but i am also completely agree with you but i also think in some cases Google has it's principles in selecting the cost and cpc

pindians007, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  5. Rahat.k

Rahat.k Member

Best Answers:
    Use google adverd tool for Keyword search

Rahat.k, Mar 26, 2012 IP