1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My account was disabled. How do I fight back?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by crizatu, Oct 27, 2006.

1. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Their is nothing you can do....Find other ways of monetizing your site...I have heard people say they are waiting for YPN but I've heard nightmares about them too.

I think also a lot of advertisers complain and that might have some impact on what google does....I have a partner who is spending huge amounts on adwords..and he used to constantly complaining to google about invalid clicks.......

turns out the reason he wasn't converting was because his ads were not optimized and his landing page was terrible.....

oseymour, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  2. The Saint

The Saint Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of anyone getting their accounts back until seeing this thread.

The Saint, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  3. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Welll... the only thing you can do is to move on...

redhits, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  4. DLGx

DLGx Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of advertisers are just junk so no wonder they don't get conversions.

I am worried every month before I receive payment, you just never know nowadays :(

DLGx, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  5. nirghum

nirghum Banned

Best Answers:
    actually if any one gets band for click fraud, they never let you again.
    but yes i heard some saying about warning. you right .
    there are cases where an warning aling with the site is band but not the account.
    so what one can do is to open some other site. and continue with the same account.
    if it is the case of click-fraud No mercy.

nirghum, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  6. adv1

adv1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just an update on my situation.. I had a shock this morning when I received a cheque from Google, which seems to be dated just after they banned my account and I appealed (unsuccessfully).

This is my first AdSense paycheck, so although I'm still upset at being wrongly banned, at least it means the time I spent on AdSense wasn't completely wasted.

adv1, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  7. bluefox21

bluefox21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

hmmm....that makes me think that they did ban you by mistake, but won't recognize it?

i wonder if every night some bored google employee starts playing around with the "ban" button.

BTW:recently i've been reading an article posted up here, talking about smart pricing. Now, it happens that you get smart priced when your clicks are not "satisfactory" for the advertiser. I just can tell you that 90% of the ads that i click, are not what the ads say, so i leave inmediately.

bluefox21, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  8. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    adSense **cough** was **cough** an excellent way to profit from your internet business, but with all the MFA's around they started on a very strict policy and maybe made some mistakes, or at least they're not telling people exactly why they are banned, and instead they let the bots e-mail you.

There are a few alternatives to adsense, some are maybe better than adsense for some sites. why don't you try some?
    I've just published the second part of adsense alternatives on one of my blogs.
    Take a look around. ;)

shenron, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  9. DLGx

DLGx Active Member

Best Answers:

Yeah I wrote about that a while back. An increasing number of ads don't keep their promise at all, so why would they convert?

DLGx, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  10. titi

titi Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious - if your AdSense account is banned, does this reflect your presence in the search index as well? I mean, is your site banned from search listings as well? I suppose not because having AdSense on your site does not make your inclusion in the index faster but still I am curious to know if anybody knows about this.

titi, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  11. adv1

adv1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think being banned affects your search listings, at least it hasn't yet with mine as far as I can see.

That's a scary idea though.. if an innocent publisher can get banned because a malicious person deliberately sabotages their AdSense - imagine if the site then lost its search positions in Google as well..they could pretty much cripple your site :eek:

adv1, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  12. titi

titi Peon

Best Answers:
    I also believe that this doesn't happen - or at least not only because you have been banned from AdSense.

titi, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  13. genkied

genkied Active Member

Best Answers:
    hopefully you will get your adsense account back..but the best thing you can do is create a different account name to your business with different address.

genkied, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  14. hardjoko

hardjoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    The TOS says that you will be paid for valid clicks.

Also, in the event that they disable your account, they shouldn't just take all your income.

If you can convince jury that most of your traffic is valid, then theoretically, you can win. But most people would just open another adsense account with different name and domain.

hardjoko, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  15. hardjoko

hardjoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I have figured out why I was banned. You see, the guy that taught me about adsense told me that if you put links to your sites in some other sites, the CTR can be very high. That'll raise alarm you get banned. It doesn't violate google terms, but it make them suspicious.

hardjoko, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  16. maryn

maryn Peon

Best Answers:
    Especially if one were to put the links on a MySpace bulletin.

maryn, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  17. arcguy

arcguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They shoul give some warning or alert some thing like that..

is there any one who get back account after apealing against BAN? to google?

arcguy, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  18. john_nyc

john_nyc Active Member

Best Answers:
    i got my account back last week after being banned -- sent over all previous e-mails i sent to google about activity on my account that worried me and my adlogger log showing all my clicks for the last 4 months. Within 24 hours i was informed I was banned accidentally and was reinstated.

john_nyc, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  19. dannet

dannet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a good communication with the Adsense support your probabilities of being banned are smaller, I recommend to review the adsense statistics periodically and to tell google about strange facts (big increase of ctr, many clicks and few visits, etc). If they ban your account for one of these reasons and after the ban they read that you already had warned of these problems (before the G ban), is very more probable that they reactivate your account that if you have never commented them nothing about the irregular facts.

dannet, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  20. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone noticed the similarity between Google and the IRS?

stilloutthere, Jan 18, 2007 IP