1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Once upon a time ...

Discussion in 'Google' started by stats, Nov 14, 2006.

Once upon a time there was a free nation called "internet community" which was a free place for smart people to success. I recall getting attacked by friends and attacking them back, kicking each-others sites or internet connections just for fun ..

I also recall that the winner was the smartest one. And that's the most beautiful part of it because in real world the winner was the strongest jerk.

Now everything changed (for me) at about year 2000 when someon pointed me to google.com .. at first i started loving it, and it was really good and is still really good and smart technically.

but then came the huge problem .. where the hek is the sense of "free community" ? I had (and still have) my free sites which everyone loves, and i just keep them with no kind of profit. But then everyone needs money to live their lives. Ok, so i have put up some commercial sites and linked them from my free resources .. and belive it or no, the free site still does good but the commercials are no way .. Reason ? lot of jerks (on SE side) pushing paid advertisement on bullshit products!!

now why should i make a quality site (commercial) with low prices on products (because i've spent thousands of hours researching best deals), and then sudenly someone sells much more of their crappy product just because they have money and can afford 7$ per a click then at the end of a year declare a bankruptcy and not even care about money lost ?

well, i'm not mad on those who pushes their product without even calculating ROI, but i'm mad on GOOGLE itself because it violates the concept of "free internet community" where the smartest one is supposed to win.

did you ever notice that for the same keyword if your site shows up at the 1-st position and also you put up an adword on the same keyword for the 1-st position, your adword converts better ? simply because google stressed so much on their adwords, making a buzz that "these are trusted sites, etc, etc ..." that the average users click on adword rather than organic search.

now what happens is google accepts my free sites, but declines my commercial ones .. and the sole purpose of my free sites right now is just linking to commercial ones to promote them .. but if the scheme doesn't work, why the hek should i keep those free sites and pay for hosting and maintanance ?

BOTTOM LINE
    any search engine, including google, should be dependant on webmasters, and not the other way around .. so should we all put "useragent googlebot, disallow *" in our robots.txt on our free sites ?

have you seen those sites that say "we decline internet explorer" and don't allow you to see the content ? how about similiar thing like "we decline google" on our free sites ?

Google simply violates the concept of free internet, why should we obey ?

well, these are my toughts, am i alone or someone else shares my concerns of not letting anyone monopolize the internet ?

regards

stats, Nov 14, 2006 IP
    seoindiaweb likes this.
  2. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are very right !

Some one arround here said once: Google is the big PIMP and we all are his Bitches !

There is nothing to do about it... webmasters are happy they can make a living over their site (instead of nothing) and some (very few) are lucky to get xxK $ checks but google is making millions over their back !
    Anyway, you put the problem better then me,

Cheers

shmekerosu, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  3. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't understand why you just don't ad google-adsense ads on your free site. That can be done without annoying your users too much - and still make you some money.

kh7, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  4. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    hey don't knock the advertisements selling bullshit products,

those are probably mine!

amnezia, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  5. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    google help me finance my internet exploits, granted their algos are complete and utter bull at present, but i get free money from providing info on somthing I love

mobilebay, Nov 14, 2006 IP
    seoindiaweb likes this.
  6. stats

stats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, now i DID put up adsense on some free sites .. but is that what i'm looking for ? some crappy 60-100$ a month ? that's ridiculus.. also, i want to be able to sell MY OWN product rather than just obey what google will show on my site ..

my concern is not that much about the amount of money i make using one or other method, but is about the moral side of all this .. just like that, why should it be the big pimp and we be the bitches instead the oposite ??

finaly, WE ARE the internet, not the google or any other search engine which has no life without our sites over there .. so why the hek google dictates the rules and not the other way around ?

so .. how about the idea of baning google from our free sites in robots.txt and exlicitly putting an "anti-google" banner on our sites ?

would anyone join the march ?

stats, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  7. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    it would be like the fuel protests, a non winner 'imo'.

8. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    If you don't rank well, what difference would it make? :p

How is Google stopping you from selling your own product(s)? :confused:

Crazy_Rob, Nov 14, 2006 IP
    visio likes this.
  9. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well your right but this is it can't do nothing about this "spamers" and scrupolous individs that do any thing for geting money forgeting about the quality they must ofer

w3bmaster, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  10. stats

stats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just as i said .. i'm providing good free content site, and linking it with my commercial quality site (lot of work to be done to achive the scheme), and then suddenly i get trown away for some reason (which nobody knows) or even worse someone pays a lot to go stand over me ...

well, just as a solution from google's side to my cricisizm i see the folowing ..
    1.) do not push those adwords that much .. make your organic search more attractive rather than the adwords.
    2.) make some freaking reasoning available so we can understand what the hek we did wrong to get penalized

i accept that i may make some mistakes on my site, some things that are counted as "bad tactics" .. it is possible .. but how the hek do i know what exactly made you mad on me if you don't tell me ?

stats, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  11. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    reasoning would be good, not just the infamous drop in traffic

12. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your in any of my fields I would welcome that.

Why shouldn't google make any money? After all they do own the search engine that you use. If you don't like them don't use them and use nofollow/noindex and no Google.

Why Google is the one who brings all your traffic. If you want to create your own product DID GOOGLE SAY NO? Stop acting like a spoiled child.

I am a proud American yet I am hated by some people just because I am a member of the largest, free nation in the world. Because America is so big it is hated. It is the same with google. Spoiled people can't stand the idea that Google should make some money. You guys are all spoiled kids who should find a different sport.

visio, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  13. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    I love Google and Google loves me... sitting in a tree...K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Ha ha ha... I do feel bad for those that can't seem to utilize the wonderful tool that Google is...

As Visio pointed out... don't use it and don't let the G bot index U.... there are provisions for those whom don't care for them :)

bruu ha ha ha ha ha

thegypsy, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  14. Neale

Neale Peon

Best Answers:
    Me to Most of the time ;)

I tried to take on ebay & gave up ! Now I just adhere to their rules/games
    As i didnt beat ebay i decided to leave google alone & just try to fit in.

Neale, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  15. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I think it's normal for anyone who has been dinged by Google to get pissed off.

But it doesn't really do you much good. Instead of organizing some nonsensical boycott, you should think about ways to supplement the traffic or restore your Google rankings. It is not impossible you know!

Some people act as if Google owes them something. I don't quite understand that.

Crazy_Rob, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  16. stats

stats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, ok, i've just stated 2 reasons why i think google violates the concept of free internet ..

I don't whish google disapear or something like that .. i just whish they make some changes that will care about webmasters

recently i have added some UNIQUE content on my website and that resulted being kicked off from top 10 to out of top 1000 position on my main keyword .. I did not do any kind of black seo, didn't make a keyword-spammed text, nothing like that .. just pure normal content .. still got kicked off

i understand that it is automatic thing .. but hek, should i ever understand what exactly their system didn't like ? do i have that right ?

this is like police coming to your home, arresting you, putting in jail, without even telling reason ..

stats, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  17. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    take a look at a forum post entitled somthing like '27 th June' it provides solutions whetehr they work is anyones guess, but worth a try

mobilebay, Nov 15, 2006 IP