1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to obtain LEGAL images for blogs & websites

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by andymisiu, Mar 18, 2012.

Ok, so I've been doing a ton of research on this subject matter and I've determined that LEGAL and accepted ways of obtaining images is how I want to go about using images on my future blogs and sites. I've found a few websites that charge a reasonable but undesirable fee for semi-recent images, and I'll probably utilize those sites.

However, I would like to pay as little as possible for images when starting out. So... I thought we could share some of those ways we get images.

Obviously you can google "royalty free images" and go from there.

You could surf through wikipedia, and wikimedia commons.

You could use Flickr Creative Commons as well, but....

How do you go about asking photographers on Flickr to use their images that aren't in creative commons? and, are their any other ways of obtaining LEGAL images outside of stock photo sites?

I'm mostly interested in professional athlete photos at this point but will eventually get into celebrity images.

andymisiu, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  2. searchesuk

searchesuk Peon

Best Answers:
    hay go to google it is the best friend of all Web Developer.

searchesuk, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  3. andymisiu

andymisiu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I've googled this subject and have spent two days looking for image sources. I have a pretty good idea, just hoping for a gem somewhere that I might not be aware of.

andymisiu, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    sxc.hu is not so bad but I typically just stick with istock photo. If you are just making a blog post its usually ok to find something you can use on google images.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  5. andymisiu

andymisiu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, I want to use it for commercial purposes. Meaning, I want to make money from advertising on my site... affiliate programs, adsense, amazon etc....

I want to post pictures of high profile athletes and celebrities.

I don't want to be operating with a legal looming cloud over my head, I just want to operate freely without hesitation, guilt or worries.

So, taking images from Google and using them without permission would be a copyright infringement.

andymisiu, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  6. biiggmike23

biiggmike23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont a few people join up and buy a month membership or longer and split costs?

biiggmike23, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  7. cuple

cuple Peon

Best Answers:
    Try freepictures.me
    They only have like 2000 pictures but they all are high quality pictures, and it's available for free when you download the smaller size which will be enough for blogs or websites...

cuple, Mar 25, 2012 IP
  8. andymisiu

andymisiu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmm.... that's a pretty good idea. I wonder if there is some type of protection against this. I would think there would be. But, worth looking into.

andymisiu, Mar 25, 2012 IP