1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will it ever become available to people under 18?

Discussion in 'Google+' started by MattWell, Mar 11, 2012.

Hi,

Being 16 myself, I hate the simple fact that I can't have a Google+ profile. Sure, I can lie about my age, but that isn't the point. Why is Google+ only an 18+ social network, in your opinion and do you think it will ever become available to minors?

(This is just a healthy debate. I don't know the answer, but am more interested in hearing peoples opinions on the topic than what Google has announced)

MattWell, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I think Google wants to eliminate any and all possibilities of anything inappropriate between minors and adults.
    Personally, I don't like "friending" or "social networking" with minors. Both personally and professionally, there really is no reason for an adult to network with a minor that they don't know.

Some of my friend's kids are Facebook friends of mine, but very few. Maybe 3.
    At one time I had a lot of high school aged Facebook friends (in The Philippines particularly) because of music blog that I wrote. But when I stopped doing that, I unfriended them.

As an adult, it's just really unsettling to see high school girls that you don't know in your social networking mix.

You feel differently because you are the minor. But adults would rather not have to worry about who is a kid (no offense) online. In this day and age, ANYTHING can be misconstrued when it is between a minor and an adult, that would normally not even be on the radar when it's between all adults. And no one want's the hassle. And besides that, what I say and how I joke around with my personal friends is sometimes NOT for kids. Actually most times.

Besides, you have plenty of Social Networks that cater to your Demographic.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    hmansfield, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  3. aloneak

aloneak Member

Best Answers:
    It is better to study at those ages than joining social network. Because 18 is the age where the children learn more bad habits. Thats the reason why most of the social network and site dont allow child below 18 ages.

aloneak, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  4. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes lie ing is bad, so you never want to do that.

mchrest, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  5. Clinton Fleurant

Clinton Fleurant Peon

Best Answers:
    You will have to stay till you turn 18 yrs old or wait till the G+ lets those under 18 to register.

Clinton Fleurant, Mar 21, 2012 IP
  6. Cheesekewrls

Cheesekewrls Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really want an account on Google+, just fake your birth year. Just be reminded that Google+ isn't like any other Social Networking sites. It's used for professional purposes often. Or rather, wait until you're 18.

Cheesekewrls, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  7. thietkelogo

thietkelogo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a question to those people who under 18 years old, what is their purpose to joint google+, what they can find on google+. They should study first

thietkelogo, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  8. mickylmartin

mickylmartin Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen a 10 years old kid programming in C++ which of course is pretty mind blowing stuff.
    Prejudice on age is unbiased and unfair. But I do think if your parents don't have any issue with that; the laws shouldn't too!

mickylmartin, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  9. God_Mode

God_Mode Member

Best Answers:
    It's probably a way to limit the danger for minors. But they know too that everyone just fake the birth date.. :)

God_Mode, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  10. ThePassiveIncomeBlog

ThePassiveIncomeBlog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google plus profile is not just a social network account. Its a Google account that you can use to access all other Google services. that may be the problem.

ThePassiveIncomeBlog, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  11. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    social media network generally does not allow to the immature.

eyesight, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  12. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    under age people should not use Google plus without supervision of their parents.

Irfi0009, Sep 28, 2012 IP