1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is more powerful A DOMAIN NAME or CONTENT (Please read for my query)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by patidarnilesh, Mar 9, 2012.

Suppose I have a domain called www.aaa.com and it is running from 2 years and having page rank 5...now I change the domain name from www.aaa.com to www.bbb.com and the content is same...
    Now I have a question than is the page rank will be same as before or is there any changes...since the content is same and the domain name is changed.

On another side I replace the domain name www.ccc.com (having page rank 1) with www.aaa.com than what will be the effect on by doing this.

Please suggest

patidarnilesh, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  2. meena101

meena101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Page rank depends on the number of back links that your site has. It doesn't depend on the content. If you change the domain name, the new site will not inherit the page rank automatically. You will have to build the links again to get page rank. Even if your content is very good, it will take some time to start appearing in search engine results because all your pages have to be indexed again.

meena101, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  3. ipbforum

ipbforum Peon

Best Answers:
    Websites page ranks is depending on the content it depends on number of quality back links you have.

ipbforum, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  4. ImAdmirer

ImAdmirer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Even if the content is the same, an old high PR domain is different than a new one. Content does not get you high PR. Moreover, that would become duplicate content.

You may try 301 redirect to redirect to the new domain and retain search engine authority. This way you do not lose your traffic too.

ImAdmirer, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  5. Souleclipse

Souleclipse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The pagerank will be 0, Because it a new domain, unless the domain itself got page rank.
    As what Imadmirer said, redirect your aaa to bbb. TO prevent loss of traffic

Souleclipse, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  6. patidarnilesh

patidarnilesh Peon

Best Answers:
    So it means that I can book a domain and start building back links rather than focusing on content....If I will do this what will be the effect ?

patidarnilesh, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  7. patidarnilesh

patidarnilesh Peon

Best Answers:
    So why it is called that CONTENT is the KING in SEO ???? So is there no any role of content in SEO ????

patidarnilesh, Mar 10, 2012 IP
  8. ImAdmirer

ImAdmirer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Content is very important. Original valuable content will be viral across social networks and other blogs and will give you more backlinks in less time.

But you have mentioned earlier that your content is the same for your new domains. That would be treated as duplicate content which has less value.

So how can you expect to get high PR for a new domain stuffing the site with duplicate content? That is why I have told you to redirect your old domain to new domain. And your new domain will improve its page rank naturally in course of time, it does not go to PR5 within days. It depends again on how well you update your blog as well as how well people like and link your content(SEO).

ImAdmirer, Mar 12, 2012 IP