1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disappeared from google

Discussion in 'Google' started by cristal1290, Mar 6, 2012.

Hey there,

I made a new web site and after one week it was on the first page of Google (well the competition is low).

Anyway, Now its gone from Google first page and I cant find it on the first 40 pages. I was building a lot of links and adding content and updating it every day, and when it was on the first page of Google it wasn't even finished.
    The Google webmaster tools shows a lot of crawl errors but it shows me pages which Google couldn't find a month ago. I have fixed these problems long time ago even before they came up on the webmaster tools.

Can anyone help me?

cristal1290, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  2. JGarah

JGarah Peon

Best Answers:
    Dumb question but... Now that the site is completed have you submitted an XML Site Map?
    That wouldn't be why it disappeared but it may help with stability in the future.

JGarah, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  3. stanhawk

stanhawk Peon

Best Answers:
    This has happened to me a lot of times - don't worry. This is typical when you're updating the structure of a site often - google will eventually check on you. For me, most of the times the site has been back in a few days, and most of the times it also has the exact same rank in the search results.

stanhawk, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  4. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whats the url of the site?

gkd_uk, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  5. salashwal

salashwal Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing to consider is a anchor text penalty. Those seem to be more and more prevalent nowadays. If your site is only being backlinked by a few anchors consider widening the net of anchor texts. That sometimes helps (if it's a anchor text penalty that is) but not always. A lot of times once you're penalized you're done.

salashwal, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Panda updates can affect site rankings as well, especially if it is a make money type site or if you are selling goods or services. A lot of people on this forum have seen their site rankings drop due to Panda updates.

danasurvey, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  7. DickGomes

DickGomes Peon

Best Answers:
    First check if you have submitted XML sitemap of your site. Then check if you have followed proper SEO techniques. Don't worry, Google takes some time to list your site.

DickGomes, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  8. ericksteve

ericksteve Peon

Best Answers:
    That was temporary ranking. It happens sometimes when you launch a new site and start promotion it first get a good jump in search engine results and after sometimes get back to the normal situation.

ericksteve, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  9. cristal1290

cristal1290 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have submitted an XML

cristal1290, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  10. cristal1290

cristal1290 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah but like I said before the competition is low so I don't think that its normal that I cant find my website on the first 50 Google search pages.
    But thanks anyway

cristal1290, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  11. sethczerepak

sethczerepak Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a pretty big drop just to write off as a regular ranking fluctuation. Might want to check the sites you're linking too or or that are linking to you, sometimes if the networks you've got a lot of links with get nailed you do too.

sethczerepak, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  12. stanhawk

stanhawk Peon

Best Answers:
    For how long have you been off google now?

stanhawk, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  13. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    The site was 4 days old so just guess!!!!!!!

rena, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  14. MyDewdrops

MyDewdrops Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say check for the bounce rate of your site... if it is too much probably this is the reason why google dropped ur site from its ranking... and it is quiet possible as u mentioned that ur site was not even complete... probably people were coming to ur site and immediately going away as they were seeing broken links or unfinished site... if you have completed all ur edits... I would say stop making any edits for a month or so and let it resume on its own without messing anyfurther... google will soon index it and will see all is fine with the site now... and ur site will show up again

MyDewdrops, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  15. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a new one on me! What are the supposed parameters that trigger a penalty? In GWT I can see a list of 200 anchor texts used for links to my site, and although they are in order of which are used most, I can't see any actual figures for frequency of use or percentages.

turkishhomes, Mar 8, 2012 IP