1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is windows 7 best operating system ever?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by viamtech, Jan 12, 2010.

1. rohiteshwar

rohiteshwar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think so windows 7 is best operation system by Microsoft till now and i increase our hope to think over it what's new in windows 8

rohiteshwar, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  2. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that statement might be true but best operating system of them all? Not true by a long shot.

drhowarddrfine, Mar 3, 2012 IP
  3. Kirby master

Kirby master Peon

Best Answers:
    I must say that windows 7 is the best, it never lags! But if you want the best windows 7 operating laptop, buy it from Asus.

Kirby master, Mar 3, 2012 IP
  4. PossumX

PossumX Peon

Best Answers:
    It's the best Microsoft O/S yet, in 64 bit, hands down no doubt. I would shy away from stating overall best O/S ever, as Apple Lion and even some Linux UI O/S environments are much more stable and secure, but, nothing gives you the flexibility and options that Windows does.

On another topic, Windows 8 looks to be a bomb, can't stand it based on my Alpha version testing.

PossumX, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to be more specific about that statement. I offer that Unix/Linux/BSD are far more flexible and give far more options than Windows could ever hope for.

drhowarddrfine, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  6. PossumX

PossumX Peon

Best Answers:
    From a DESKTOP O/S perspective, that is what I was referring to, as the topic was around Windows7 opinion, not Unix/BSD.

Linux O/S systems offer plenty, yet, software is where it comes to play for the average user (not a techy, like myself).

I use CentOS for my servers, and have Apple Lion & Linux based desktops here as well. For much of what I do, and this is an opinion based thread, the Win7 machine has the most flexibility from a readily available software perspective, and at price points that can't be beat when compared to Apple. Granted, the Linux platforms have much in the Open Source realm, but ease of use and consistency are not always there. For the average Joe who is not a technical nut, and does more than surf the web, email, and play with their iPad/iPhone with iTunes, the Win7 platform is my recommendation to my customers.

As for Unix/BSD, how does that apply to a desktop (other than that Apple OSX Lion uses a BSD based for its' platform)? I work with Solaris, HPUX, and AIX server platforms all day long in my job, and they are phenomenal for server side platforms, but pricey. RHEL Linux is the new standard we are migrating much to, virtualized much of it, in our 5,000+ server data center. Again, all great for servers, not so much for the desktop comparison to Win7.

PossumX, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  7. AliQureshi

AliQureshi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think that varies depending on the user.. For some people Windows will be the only way to go due to support alone.. While others may use Mac OS or Linux Distributions such as Ubuntu or Gnome etc..

Me personally I love Mac OSX, and have been using it since 2009.. I haven't went back and have no plans to.. But having said that I think the best version of Windows has to be Windows 7..

If you have a Intel Core Duo or the AMD equivalent I think It's time for you guys to jump ship on Windows 7.. It's a great operating system provided you have system that you bought sometime in 2006 and you'll be set..

AliQureshi, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  8. DTHBAH2006

DTHBAH2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally use Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and I love My Macs alot more! :D

DTHBAH2006, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  9. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    And, in fact, is certified Unix. Unix/BSD are professional operating systems geared toward professionals. Windows is geared toward amateurs so, yes, I've always said non-tech people should use Windows. Of course, Apple Macs show Unix can be used for the desktop just as well as Windows can if there is a company behind the integration. Ubuntu has that dream for Linux but they don't have the funding Apple does.

10. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    According to Consumer Reports, for 10 years running, Apple provides far better support than any Windows manufacturer.

11. byyp

byyp Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love switching to windows 7. I had windows vista before and my computer was so slow to load anything. Upgraded to Windows 7, it not only improved the outlook, the ease of use but also speed. I highly recommend switching to windows 7 if you are running vista. But on the other side XP is better than vista.

byyp, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  12. jeroldjamesbcruz

jeroldjamesbcruz Peon

Best Answers:
    For me its the best so far, I'm using it for a year now.

jeroldjamesbcruz, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  13. edhan

edhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Windows 8 looks much better and I will be looking out for the launch. Anyway, Windows 7 has improved on the security features but can be a hassle at times.

edhan, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  14. or2008

or2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    is anybody uses windows 8 beta? how is it?

or2008, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  15. Kenzie Pieter

Kenzie Pieter Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with jl1981 , and i still waiting for win 8

Kenzie Pieter, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  16. AliQureshi

AliQureshi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What I meant was the choice of applications and games available for Windows is much greater then what's found in Mac OS.. So people who do lots of gaming need to be able to run Windows..

AliQureshi, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  17. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    Here we should not use the word "ever" (in the future we may get more advanced, more powerful, more beautiful looking GUI OS) and it will be better if we can replace it with "till now". Obviously Windows 7 will be the best operating system in Windows.

josefaryan, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  18. UIDynamics

UIDynamics Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So far Yes, but i still miss XP for some reason :)

UIDynamics, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  19. rosesmark

rosesmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    New Taskbar
    Device Recognition
    Less Restrictive
    Problem Steps Recorder
    Aero Snap & Aero Shake

rosesmark, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  20. Kenzie Pieter

Kenzie Pieter Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely...i'm agree with you..because we never know the future technological developments

Kenzie Pieter, Mar 7, 2012 IP