1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spanish-Language Site with 15-20 Million Organic Visitors Per Month: How to Monetize?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by onlineeducation, Mar 1, 2012.

Hi,

I have a Spanish-language site that gets about 15-20 million unique visits per month with the majority coming from Mexico, but decent traffic from other LATM countries. How should I monetize this? My current eCPM is too embarrassing to list.

How do I attract CPM buyers/agencies/direct advertisers?

Thanks for any leads.

onlineeducation, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would try to sell banners privately from digitalpoint. Its probably for best way.

I have a spanish site too. I sure wish I had a free banner there. lol:p

Laceygirl, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  3. chrda

chrda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Adsense?

Is the site White or greyzone?

chrda, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  4. onlineeducation

onlineeducation Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely white hat. It's definitely not a grey or blackhat site, but we cannot do adsense because it's against the terms of service. It's kind of dumb because we can buy adwords for the site and our industry niche, but we can't display adsense or I'd be rich.

onlineeducation, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  5. Worthen

Worthen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you can implement an xml feed and display text ads, i can get you an xml feed. If you prefer to work only with banners at cpm prices, i can connect you to networks that offer that. I don't major in Latam markets but have 5 to 10 contacts that will be eager to work with you. You will have to test each to find the best ones. I don't really know which performs best in LAtAM. Please email to discuss - showing email subject LATAM ads and reminding me of specifics.

Hope it helps!

Worthen, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  6. dungdenvn

dungdenvn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a spanish site too, would be happy if you share your site URL with me

Regards

Kenn

dungdenvn, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  7. PPCoach

PPCoach Peon

Best Answers:
    Only do private banner selling if you can reach out to larger companies. Otherwise, I would find a product that fits the niche you're site is in, and promote that. Run contests, try to work out a discount with the product-provider that you could offer your customers, etc.

I would not do Adsense if you want to make serious cash. At 15-20 million uniques/month, you could do a way better job of monetizing your site than by using Adsense.

PPCoach, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  8. onlineeducation

onlineeducation Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm having trouble finding advertisers (US-based or Mexico-based) who want to do CPM buys on my site, mainly because I don't know the Hispanic market landscape. If anyone knows people at agencies or who work at companies, PM me and we can set up a structured deal so that we all make more money. I think the amount of traffic I have is very valuable, it's just I'm not doing a good job monetizing.

onlineeducation, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  9. PPCoach

PPCoach Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say run some product affiliate programs until then, should be more profitable than Adsense or anything else if you optimize.

PPCoach, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  10. danielweb

danielweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be interested in buying banner ads

danielweb, Mar 3, 2012 IP
  11. Alofttech

Alofttech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Will you sell links on your Spanish sites?

Alofttech, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  12. fileking.co

fileking.co Peon

Best Answers:
    why u dont simply sell banner on ur site , give a try to buysellads

fileking.co, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  13. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    One thing you can try is a using Prosperent. They have some simple ads (they call them Performance Ads) you can place on your site, will match your site content with products, and you can earn a nice commission. It is not ppc or cpm it is an affiliate cut of any sales generated, so you might need to give it a couple days to evaluate it. I use it and find it to be quite lucrative.

browntwn, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  14. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Monetize a Spanish site depends on targeting.

AdSense works well in general terms, but there are money-making programs that only work for specific regions.

As in example, MercadoLibre offers an affiliate program to make money from banner display, new sign ups, and commissions over transactions that members registered through your link do, but only works if your target audience is in Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Venezuela or Brazil.

On the other hand, there are several affiliate networks that only make money if your target audience is in Spain.

Other than AdSense that is global, and Amazon that delivers worldwide, you should need to find local affiliate networks by running a search from Google local and including the name of the country you are in, or you are targeting.

Mystique, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  15. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please contact me over PM? I can pay you on CPM/CPC basis. Can pay faster like weeklies. Guarantee you that no network will pay you on weekly basis.

godmode, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  16. onlineeducation

onlineeducation Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replies! I apologize for not coming back to check as I thought I would get notifications when there are responses made. I'm currently talking to all the companies you all mentioned.

Thanks again!

onlineeducation, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  17. elir

elir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi, I own a website in Spanish that badly needs some traffic. If you're interested, I would appreciate if we could make a deal. I will PM you.

elir, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  18. Greyhound

Greyhound Banned

Best Answers:
    How many ad blocks can I put in a same page?

Greyhound, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  19. omosquera

omosquera Member

Best Answers:
    I will advertise on your site.

omosquera, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  20. AndresTaggify

AndresTaggify Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey!

I just recently saw your topic and we would like to talk to you about Taggify.net. We are a new spanish/english speaking Ad Network and we have some pretty cool products that you might be interested in. We know how is it to deal with spanish speaking audiences so I guess we can have some common ground there. Is there any way we can talk to you?

AndresTaggify, Apr 4, 2012 IP