1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GOP's are Sissy ! Checkpoint Please !

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by popotalk, Feb 29, 2012.

In the White House, Senate or Congress when a Republican (especially the hardliners ) says surrender is not an option make sure to check if these a$$holes had even served in the military. These pr**ks most probably were on their a$$e$ because of so called priorities and the same pr**ks who votes to send people to war. Votes to send people to war but never served.

The Republicans :

* Dick Cheney: did not serve. Several deferments, the last by marriage.
    * Dennis Hastert: did not serve.
    * Tom Delay: did not serve.
    * Roy Blunt: did not serve.
    * Bill Frist: did not serve.
    * Mitch McConnell: did not serve.
    * Rick Santorum: did not serve.
    * Trent Lott: did not serve.
    * John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments to teach business.
    * Jeb Bush: did not serve.
    * Karl Rove: did not serve.
    * Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee." (The man who attacked Max Cleland's patriotism.)
    * Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.
    * Vin Weber: did not serve.
    * Richard Perle: did not serve.
    * Douglas Feith: did not serve.
    * Eliot Abrams: did not serve.
    * Tim Hutchison: did not serve.
    * Newt Gingrich: did not serve.
    * George W. Bush: failed to complete his six-year National Guard; failed to show up for required physical. Coward.
    * Phil Gramm: did not serve.
    * JC Watts: did not serve.
    * Jack Kemp: did not serve. "Knee problem, " although continued in NFL for 8 years as quarterback.
    * Dan Quayle: Journalism unit of the Indiana National Guard. Scary!
    * Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.
    * George Pataki: did not serve.
    * Lindsey Graham: National Guard lawyer.
    * Arnold Schwarzenegger: AWOL from Austrian army base.

popotalk, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    28 Republicans who didn't serve vs 21 Democrats who did.

Now thats strange. Last time I checked, there were more than 49 people in our federal government. I wonder what the others did?

Obamanation, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  3. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In all honesty, Popotalk, as time goes on there will be less and less members of the government with military experience. Its a simple demographic fact. As the population continues to grow the number of citizens who serve in the military shrinks as a percentage. The size of the US military is relatively small compared to the population and is shrinking as a percentage of the population.

By example right now we have a population of over 300 million and an active duty miltary with slightly less than 1.5 million members. We also have a reserve with slightly less than 1.5 million. Total active plus reserves is less than 3 million or currently...less than 1%.

1% interesting number. There are the incredibly wealthy at the 1% level and there are current citizens in the military at 1%.

Historically the percentage of Americans in the military has changed dramatically in total numbers and as a percentage of the population.

In 1945 at the end of world war II We had 12 million in active duty Source is the department of defense and the population was less than 140 million... The active military comprised 8% of the population at that time.

Following World War II we had a draft but the size of the military shrank enormously. It reached a post World War II high around 1970, solely because of Vietnam. Active military at the time was about 3 million and the population at that time was a little over 200 million. Active military at that time represented about 1.5% of the population. That is active at that time. It wouldn't include George W. Bush, who jumped into the National Guard in lieu of being drafted. It was a way at that time to escape service in Vietnam where over 50,000 Americans died. Jeb Bush, whom you reference is some years younger than his brother George. By the time he reached an age to serve in the military the draft had ended. Obviously he decided against serving. Frankly that puts him in the vast majority of Americans. Also frankly the Pentagon at this point and in the 1970's doesn't want everyone joining the military. It would be too expensive.

As time moves on, we will see less and less members of Congress with military experience. Its demographics. On the other hand, we will probably see more and more members of Congress probably being part of the different 1%....the incredibly wealthy. After all politics is played with endless funds and is currently funded by the super wealthy. Mitt Romney is the prototype for American politicians. His current campaign is being bought and paid for by the wealthiest of the wealthy.

It is interesting though, that when one looks at the war against Iraq, a war pushed through by false information and a cadre of the GOP , including George W Bush, Cheney, Wolfewitz, Perle, Weber, Feith, etc None of them served in the active military and in fact in their youth when faced with the draft and Vietnam...they worked very hard to avoid active military duty. That is rather telling.

Alternatively, there have been a lot of retrospectives about Dwight Eisenhower recently, in light of the development of a national monument to him. Eisenhower of course was a West Pointer, a career soldier and the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe during World War II. He was responsible for the life and death of millions of soldiers, was responsible for D Day and slogged his way through victory in World War II over the Nazi's. He became president. His experience with the military was extraordinary.

Upon coming to office in 1952 Eisenhower ended the Korean War. Nobody won. Nobody lost. The war ended in 1953. During the Korean War in total about 37,000 American soldiers died. It was bloody.

In 1956 he kept the US out of the Suez Canal adventure which Britain and France joined with Israel. The cold war raged...but the US didn't get involved in any wars. The French lost their way in Vietnam and during Eisenhower's time in office US involvement was virtually nonexistent.

The 20th Century President with the most military experience kept the US out of wars...more so than any others. Your point is well made.

These societal and demographic trends are creating tremendous changes in our society. As citizens we should seriously doubt the claims and screams of politicians without military service who want to send young people off to war. Its not an absolute but American citizens should treat those claims with clarity and not get caught up in jingoism.

earlpearl, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  4. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Ooooooo.

Lets see, Popo makes an adhom against Republicans, suggesting they dont serve in the military based on some very incomplete statistics, and Earlpearl responds with a long winded speech explaining how Representatives and Senators with military experience are declining in number regardless of party. Anytime you read anything from Earlpearl that appears to have a tone of moderation or non-partisanship, you know he is trying to sweep the real data under the carpet. So I had a look and what do you know.

Senators and Reps with Military Service as a percentage of of congressmen from their party
    Republicans: 14%
    Democrats: 6.9%

source

So what have we learned?

a) Popo is back into trolling mode

b) When Earlpearl is acquiring some tact in his efforts to constantly distort the truth

c) If lack of Military service makes a congressional rep a sissy, as the title claims, then it is actually the Democrats who are a bunch of sissies, as there are twice as many Republicans in Congress with military service as there are Democrats.

5. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    O_Nation: I merely wanted to express something about population in total and percentage of citizens who serve in the military. Demographically I suppose we'll see less and less members of the government with military experience. It would be more interesting and informative if that source identified all the people with military experience and what their roles were.

For instance, while those statistics wouldn't include George Bush, how would that source define his military experience? I don't know. Its also a matter of perspective. If one evaluated and characterized George W Bush joining the National Guard in the 1960's while the Vietnam war was going on, many would have characterized George Bush as closer to a draft dodger than a person with military experience. The fact remains that George was in the National Guard during the Vietnam War safe in the US probably engaged in a war wherein the Texas Natl Guard was fighting the Oklahoma National Guard.

As far as I recall nobody died in a war in the 1960's between Oklahoma and Texas. But knowing Bush at that time they probably had a good time drinking and maybe drugging.

With service in the US military shrinking to 1% (that is 0.5% in active duty and 0.5% in the reserves) it is more and more likely that as time goes on we will see less members of the civilian government with military experience.

What do you think about that O_Nation?

earlpearl, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    If questioning the military service record of honorably discharged servicemen based on their political affiliation and assignment is the norm for you, I would recommend you compare Bush's service record to that of John Kerry, as documented in the book Unfit for Command.

I'm guessing that, since the book is not actually published by the White House, you probably will never get around to reading it, but I would encourage you to at least have the courage to read the book review at the Washington Times

A small excerpt from the review:

Again, not the type of claim you normally make (Obama is ok because Bush did it too), but rather a comparison of a true coward in uniform(Kerry), per the words of his peers, vs damning someone for where he was stationed(Bush).

I suppose by your definition, every other military serviceman and woman stationed in the US instead of Vietnam should have their service ignored or treated as somehow lesser.

7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The big one missing from your list is Mitt Romney. So, I looked it up...

Rebecca, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  8. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I suppose he could have been protesting the war with Clinton.

[video=youtube;KalT5nsugfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KalT5nsugfg[/video]

9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    And Cheney...

Rebecca, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Yah, those were troubled days. The Democrats were using the draft to round up young American boys to fight in their undeclared war in south east asia. If the draft weren't bad enough, they had absolutely no clearly defined objectives nor the willingness to use the required force to achieve victory. Dead American boys, a scarred national psyche, lingering national self doubt, and soldiers being spit upon and called baby killers as they returned home. This is the military legacy left to us by Kenedy, LBJ, and the Democrats. Their brand remains damaged to this very day.

11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's tragic. I heard a really sad story about the Vietnam war. I don't want to repeat it, as it's too much. But, it stuck with me, couldn't get it out of my mind for days. I think if I were that troubled to just hear about it, I can't even imagine being there. And, many veterans have, and still suffer from PTSD.

Rebecca, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL ! Repeat after me.....

I gave examples of the people who gave the go signal to Iraq and Afghanistan. You talk of different facts. (Your signature move acquired from Matt Hardy) The Twist of Fate. As always twist of words and you really need a shrink asap.

* Hallucinogens *
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    Magic Mushrooms

popotalk, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    LoL. Dan Quayle gave the go signal to Iraq and Afghanistan? Who did he give it to, George Pataki? Not sure what to say to that Jude.

Obamanation, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alright chief, I'll give you credit for that and I will make sure it goes on your next republican psychiatric evaluation file. :D

popotalk, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  15. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, you posted a list floating around years that's repeatedly used by people that believe anything they see on the internet. SOURCE

Are you sure Terminator-boy sent troops to fight? Last I heard the governor of California doesn't commit troops to battle in foreign fields.

And ftr, Max Cleland is a dumbfuck that got crippled by dropping one of his own grenades while exiting a chopper. His patriotism was questioned because of his overtly bullshit statements, not his apparent lack of motor skills or inability to secure his own hardware.

robjones, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  16. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The undeclared war of the Democrats.

Need to bump this thread for a few of the neo-cons.

popotalk, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  17. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting story pointing out political spins (Republican mainly) can now be easily fact-checked by reporters, it premises we may get more accurate news instead of mindless repetition of complete BS.

source

Bushranger, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fact checking ? Now that's rich . When the liberals will actually accept facts it will be a new dawn for mankind .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  19. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Could you please explain further on how would it be a new dawn for mankind by just accepting facts for liberals ?

popotalk, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  20. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    It seems like that would be true, except the American News media, and apparently Australia's as well, no longer knows what a fact is.

Obamanation, Sep 5, 2012 IP