1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about cheap webhosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by samirj09, Feb 29, 2012.

About 3 years ago, I created my first website. Of course, I used the cheapest host I could find, which was about $2.00 per month. I was hosted with them for about 4 months then all of a sudden my websites were down and the entire hosting company site was down. This was very horrific as my websites were down and I wasn't able to contact the company either because the main hosting site was down as well.

All my content that was stored on their servers was gone along with 1 of the domains I had registered with them. From that point on I had never tried to host with a "cheap" company again. I do not suggest anyone just getting started online going with the cheapest hosting they can find. Bluntly put, you get what you pay for.

samirj09, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  2. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You definitely get what you pay for, I think searching for some reviews can help.

Regards.

no69_2007, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  3. yester123

yester123 Peon

Best Answers:
    you may be right but it is not the case with all the companies.......

Some companies though they charge less offers good services

yester123, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  4. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You really can't generalize based on one experience. Some hosts with cheaper costs provide excellent services. Some hosts with high prices provide terrible services.

It's not a matter of cost, it's a matter of finding a reputable company, and not these fly-by-night "companies" providing "unlimited" everything for a few bucks a month.

WSWD, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  5. Crook-sam

Crook-sam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I strongly believe that it mainly depends on the hosting provider you deal with.
    There are tons of web hosts providing cheap and reliable hosting services.

Crook-sam, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  6. Kelley2011

Kelley2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with above
    [TABLE="width: 451"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl64, width: 451"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Kelley2011, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  7. triphp123

triphp123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its rare to find a Host that offers both cheap prices and fast reliable service.
    They have costs that they need to cover and if they are selling cheap they have to sell more, this is where service and speed starts to fail. Overloaded servers are bad news.
    Its a tough juggling act to offer value and service. Of course the Host has to make profit, no point trading othertwise, but equally its easy to price yourself out of the market.
    Quality is always worth that little extra, in any purchase, not just Hosting.

triphp123, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  8. Remajahost

Remajahost Peon

Best Answers:
    The most secure in using a webhosting Web Hosting was bought from an already established several years and has its own server

Remajahost, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  9. samirj09

samirj09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly @triphp123 . They have costs to cover. If they are providing 24/7 phone and chat support and unlimited resources for $1.99. I would expect the servers to be overloaded or will be soon.

samirj09, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  10. hclloveh

hclloveh Peon

Best Answers:
    When you choose hosting, you can check with them all you want. This is why we can see "Presales Question" on top of many hosting providers. :)

hclloveh, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  11. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    A few extra dollars a month can go a long way when it comes to low cost shared hosting options. Choosing a reputable host with good reviews that has more than a few years as an industry provider, live chat, a money back guarantee and 24/7 technical support will almost always be worth the few dollars a year you save my going with a cheap host. And, if you choose a reputable long term provider you can also have the confidence in them so that you can pay annually, which will again save you some money.

JPC-Sabrina, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  12. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with you. There are cheap web hosting companies like e.g. ASmallOrange that have great reputation and they also have been up for quite long time. It may be a mistake to go with a new cheap web host, as they may shut down soon.

andrej, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  13. indexhtml

indexhtml Active Member

Best Answers:

You've gotta love a post like this that warns about cheap hosting and then promotes hosting from one cent in their signature - lol

indexhtml, Mar 2, 2012 IP
    triphp123 likes this.
  14. samirj09

Best Answers:
    Of course thats only on the first invoice though.

samirj09, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  15. indexhtml

indexhtml Active Member

Best Answers:
    And after that you offer hosting from $1.88/m - which is less than the $2/m hosting you were complaining about!

I'm not suggesting that your promoted hosting site is not good - in fact, the price is extremely competitive if the service is good. So good luck to you.

I just think your post is a little, shall we say – ‘neutralised’ by your signature.

16. samirj09

Best Answers:
    There are major differences in the hosting that I am promoting and the cheap hosting providers that I am talking about. I was paying $1.99 for unlimited everything. That package that is offered for $1.88 is very limited. Only 1 domain, 1GB Diskspace, 10GB Bandwidth, etc.

This conversation is getting a little too critical for my taste. Say what you want, I'm just sharing my personal experience.

samirj09, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  17. indexhtml

indexhtml Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps that’s the problem - when promoting hosting you have to be careful about "sharing your personal experience" about other hosts - especially if it is so broadly negative. Some could misinterpret your good intentions as SPAM designed to serve your own conflicting interests.

18. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Peon

Best Answers:
    What you pay is what you get. So you pay cheap, you get cheap service. So better to shed out some cash and get a good service.

ceekeigh, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  19. 13131jonny

13131jonny Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I first started out online I used a free web host which was ok and then I switched to a cheap web host and I had no problems with them. But I was only hosting a couple of websites. Once you get a few more websites it's worth paying a little more for a more reliable hosting service.

13131jonny, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  20. triphp123

triphp123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL.....I missed that!
    Well spotted.

triphp123, Mar 3, 2012 IP