1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review the design on my website!

Discussion in 'Design' started by Dawey, Feb 27, 2012.

Hi!

I Am working on my SEO website: SEO Sphinx. (It's swedish, so don't worry about competition :cool: ) Please give me all response you've got. Everything would be helpful. I really like the art work and I have an idea to keep the design really simple and clear. And I don't want it to have a standard look, but make it more personal. But I do think I need to make it look more professional. Any suggestions? Does it look too "bloggish"? Any further suggestions? Colours? 

(And I know it as some technical issues, and I am working with the SEO. I am mostly interested in getting resonse about the design, but if you do have other things to discuss, please do.)

Thanks a million in advance! 
    /David

Dawey, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Overall it's a good design and it didn't look bloggish to me, but I have a question. Do you really want to have that huge logo? It takes up to half of the screen. I understand you want those sphinx to be shown, but if I were you I wouldn't worry about that. Make your logo no more than 200px high and the rest of the site will benefit from it.

qwikad.com, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  3. Dawey

Dawey Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi qwikad! Thanks for the advice. I will try different sizes. I had the idea that the picture should smack the visitor in the face when they entered the site, but I'll believe you if you think it's to much.

Dawey, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  4. Adelli

Adelli Peon

Best Answers:
    I would rather go for a more timeless design. But it also depends on what your site's objectives are (I do not speak Swedish so I cannot read the content). If you actually want to get clients to work with you, I would change the design into sth more business-like. If the site's purpose is to inform, I think the design is fine as the only thing that matters is the content!

Adelli, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  5. WVMagicDesign

WVMagicDesign Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Overall its nice the design is simple and clean, but u can make use of the white space...add some widgets, twitter links and more.

WVMagicDesign, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  6. Dawey

Dawey Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Adelli,
    Yeah, I see your point. That's what I am struggling with. I have no clue how to make it look more professional, or even better, more business-like. Most of the SEO-companys here have similar design. I really don't want my site to look similar. I want it to be clear and simple and also have a personal touch.

Also I think there is a personal aspect that people often are missing when it comes to business. We often choose to buy from a site which we personally like or from a salesman we personally like... So I don't believe in keeping things too strict and rigid. If you don't make a personal statement, then people have nothing to feel personally attatched to.

Dawey, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  7. entropi

entropi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it looks nice, but certainly not enough to just look.

entropi, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  8. kousar

kousar Peon

Best Answers:
    I like your blog super and nice. add some widgets in the right side.

kousar, Mar 4, 2012 IP