1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you remember the feeling when you got that first affiliate check

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DennisKnows, Feb 28, 2012.

Yesterday, I got an affiliate check in the mail from a program for the first time. Even though I've gotten a ton of checks in the mail, I still got that "Gotta open this right now" feeling like it was my first time.

Brought back memories... :rolleyes:

Do you remember getting that first affiliate check in the mail; that feeling of accomplishment you had?

I think my check was only like 40 bucks but I thinking "I just beat a monster"..

Boy those were the days..

What was your first affiliate check like? Was it like striking oil or finding fake gold? :confused:

DennisKnows, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  2. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty good feeling like there were some money float front of face, but till now, I still waiting in real.

Michael Leng, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  3. cfowler

cfowler Peon

Best Answers:
    I have got to say I have take alot of time to read everyones post about how they made it, how tough it was making their fist sale and how just clicking this affiliate link will get you on their level making 1.9 million a month but I was thinking that a guy who wears pink glasses has got to have some kind of honesty in him. So i checked out your site, its crazy how similar we are except for the fact your check-to-bill ratio is probably way higher haha. I took the time to subscribe and will read your ebook hopefully you still remember what it was like a year and a half ago when you were trying to break through so I can get a bit of advice.

THX

cfowler, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I still vividly remember my first affiliate commission it was a light bulb moment and it make me realize there is a great opportunity to make money online.

dcristo, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  5. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:
    Arhh yes I remember it will, I actually remember the first $1 I mad online. Even though it was only one $1 I still was sooooo happy..that $1 proved to me that it could be done. My first clickbank check was the best feeling, it really was. I had a hige smile on my face :)

louis d, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  6. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I remember it, despite not doing affiliate work anymore. What a happy moment.

MikeLugar, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  7. onlinetns

onlinetns Peon

Best Answers:
    yeh, when i got my first check from google, it was very inspiring and motivating.

onlinetns, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  8. ezpc101

ezpc101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My first one was for $102 from clickbank! Point is i wasn't even into IM. It was a done and forget YA campaning that i forgot about. And after 4 months it got me money!!! It was like having free drinks on a Ladies' Night in CLub La Vela even if i am a man!!! LOL

ezpc101, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  9. infoaddicts

infoaddicts Active Member

Best Answers:
    It made me believe..that, things do work online ...lol

infoaddicts, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  10. projectvesa

projectvesa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    haven't had mine yet. hopefully in a couple of weeks though.

projectvesa, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  11. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL..Hey my glasses are red.. But yea.. it's been a tough road.. Man I remember my very first click from Google adsense.. I made a whopping $0.05 and broke into tears.. I bet my GF at the time thought I was such a softie.. LOL I'm going to text her and ask her..

But no I haven't forgotten.. It's tough and I'm still learning.. Just have to forget the mistakes fast and work on new stuff that works..

One thing I've learned in this life period is that CELEBRITIES will always be popular as long as people put them on pedestals.. Create a site about them and you'll get traffic.. I Created one on Beyonce in september around her pregnancy and that site brought me the most money I had ever seen with adsense. I got close to 300k views in a 3 month period I believe. I think in a 3 month period I made like $500.. not much but my site was negative.. People wanted to curse me out...

It was about her faking her pregnancy.. Couldn't find another way to monetize it (and believe me; I tried everything).. Just stuck with adsense and rolled that baby til the wills fell off. Shut it down after she had the baby..

Something else I learned after taking a brief survey before I deleted my Facebook was WOMEN LOVE SHOES... I found an offer that paid per lead for heels and I know for a fact on the right site, this will convert like KRAZY....

Gotta dip your hands in a few things sometimes.. Look at internet marketing like real estate.. Build a portfolio of niches and boom.. You're in there..

Hope that helps a bit.. I'm at starbucks now.. I'm about to redo my site now though..

Wish me luck

DennisKnows, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  12. DennisKnows

Best Answers:
    Dude I made my first $0.05 online and broke into tears.. LOL.. I thought I had conquered the world.. Little did i know, I had a journey ahead of me...

13. DennisKnows

Best Answers:
    Yea me too. I was still working a job then.. You should have seen me trying to tell my friends I was making money online.. They would be like "how much did you make" and I'd be like "I made like $0.09 yesterday but that's not important.. I made money.. That's what's important..

Most people want to just want to jump in this and make their weekly paycheck from the start. Doesn't work like that.. I didn't care about them though. I knew I was on to something..

14. DennisKnows

Best Answers:
    Yea it will come.. What types of offers are you doing? Clickbank, CPA?

15. dudeseo

dudeseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess i am the only unfortunate who has not got till now.

dudeseo, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  16. infotechideas

infotechideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck. I can understand the feeling as I felt the same with my first adsense check.

infotechideas, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  17. Jamie Sanders

Jamie Sanders Peon

Best Answers:
    i dno yet havent got one :(

Jamie Sanders, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  18. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I so excited when that moment and giving me motivation to focus on it and get more even what i get from the affiliate only allow me to eat one free meal.

JerrickYeoh, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  19. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! sound like everyone is very happy for your first check. I don't have one yet. How much does your check say in amount ?

Michael Leng, Feb 29, 2012 IP