1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SOLD my first websites but think I undersold, any opinions?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Lawpre, Feb 19, 2012.

Lawpre, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  2. nishanair

nishanair Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you sold it for less, my calculation will be like this, if you are earnings $5 (lowest income as you said) per day, then your monthly income will be $150 or more..so you have to get atleast 10 months income from the sale, so the sale price will be $1500 or more, so you sold the website in under priced.

nishanair, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I reckon you did really well...

I haven't used flippa but I'm assuming that you had the ability to set a reserve. What happened? Did they lower it and force you to accept that price?

sarahk, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Alexa rank is only 4,758,952. I think based on that, you did pretty good on the sale.

danasurvey, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  5. hola277

hola277 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'd say you did well also. Especially in this market.

hola277, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  6. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once you sell a website and/or a domain name, all what you can do is to move forward and forget about the deal if it was good or bad..it's not doing you anything ;)

Good luck

AdamFL, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  7. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also dont forget to calculate what the site has cost you. If it cost you $10 for the domain 3 months ago and thats it then you've done pretty good.. (Altho dont forget flippas stupidly high fees).
    However if you've spent a few hundred $$ on the site and sat working on it for days/weeks/months then perhaps it wasnt such a good deal.

End of the day its been done, move on and take the experience with you for next time you sell.

Personally i dont think flippa is a good place to sell anymore, its full of crap sites lately, its been flooded with people registering a domain name yesterday and putting a crappy wordpress site on it and looking to sell for hundreds..

dayvo, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  8. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as you have a nice profit, you can treat it as a learning experience. After all, this is your first, and not only sale. There are more profitable sales ahead.

scheng1, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  9. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Either learn from the experience or forget about the whole think. You still received a pretty good amount in my opinion. Now move forward and go down other routes.

edvvardbrian, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  10. jswift

jswift Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it the norm to sell developed websites for just 10x monthly revenue? Why not just hold on to it? Your ROI would be easily over 100% and that is a fantastic investment by any measure.

jswift, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  11. aiked

aiked Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey as long as you didn't pay more for that site initially then id say you came out on top!

aiked, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  12. jswift

jswift Peon

Best Answers:
    :/

You have to consider the time spent making it profitable. And once it's profitable, presumably the site will generate recursive income. Surely that has to account for more than 10x profit.

jswift, Feb 27, 2012 IP