1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice/do not know where to start.

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by mnc0810, Feb 20, 2012.

I am new to the world of wordpress,but not completely illiterate on the subject of webdesign & blogging.. I have an idea for a website that would have mostly aggregated content.

Need a twitter aggregator, latest news aggregator from local papers, and latest blog post aggregator from other sites.So basically something like the wp social blogroll:http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/feed-reading-blogroll/screenshots/ but one of theme to be for blogs, other latest news stories from news websites, another with latest twitter posts.

Would like something similar to http://sayfiereview.com (notice how its mostly aggregating content?)

so here are my questions:

Is something like this easy to do?

it it mostly plugins/widgets i could get?

Is there a theme you know of that I could buy that would be appropriate for a website like this(should I buy a theme that is mainly widgets)?

Any other tips on what I should look for in a template, or how to get my site started?
    GREATLY appreciated

mnc0810, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  2. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    Here are my opinions

1.] It's not easy nor that hard. Maybe someone who's intermediate in wordpress can do it.

2.] Yes it's mostly widget / plugin if you will completely depend on it. Although you can also code the template for further control of the items.

3.] For theme, you can decide on your own. It will really depend on your taste.

My advice is to find an existing template (much better if it's already in wordpress) and try to play with it. Try to study, familiarize and experience wordpress more. A wordpress expert can achieve this kind of work without depending on a theme. He/she can use any theme and provide necessary requirements =)

Enjoy your wordpress venture =)

Yuuko008, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  3. mnc0810

mnc0810 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for responding!! I will look into themes...

mnc0810, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  4. mnc0810

mnc0810 Peon

Best Answers:
    do you know what kind of a template I should look for, in order to have a website like the one listed in my Original post? do I look for one that says "widgetized homepage" since my main content will be blog rolls, twitter aggregator, etc?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    mnc0810, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  5. zainshah94

zainshah94 Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress is too hard to understand.

zainshah94, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  6. kar76

kar76 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually its not that hard which can not be understand by little knowledge. But Yes it will become hard if you try to do everything in one or two days. ;)

kar76, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  7. zainshah94

zainshah94 Member

Best Answers:
    New user can make easily blog on blogger but on wordpress they takes 1 week to understand

zainshah94, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  8. kar76

kar76 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Then Give 1 Week for Wordpress, I think its not that much time you can not waste. Afterall after 1 Week you will become expert too :D

kar76, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  9. zainshah94

zainshah94 Member

Best Answers:
    i give 1week but failed to understand. i just want to delete my blog but failed to find how i can delete that blog on wordpress.
    is there any online guide for understand ?

zainshah94, Feb 25, 2012 IP