1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Organised religions and NGO's should be taxed too.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Bushranger, Feb 2, 2012.

1. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey dude

That statement was made when that idiot showed a complete lack of respect for the people who died in the Port Arthur massacre. I'm freaking positive that if I showed the same disrespect for the people who died on 911, I would be called that and much worse.

But there is never a chance in hell that I would do that.

boblord666, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Would it have been better to post the quotes today about refusing to makes loans to US citizens?

Not that it matters, just sayin you have a documented history on the topic of the US that doesnt support finger pointing.

robjones, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  3. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    That is an actual fact. There was an uproar on the Kiva forum when loans to US citizens were first posted. It is supposed to be an agency that lends to people in the least well off countries in the world. Check out Kiva for yourself, use the link I posted the loans I have made, for which I received an infarction notice.

And you bet I refuse to lend to US citizens, just as I would refuse to lend to Australian, french, german citizens because they are wealthy countries. I lend to people in Uganda, Chile, Paraguay, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and countries where I would have trouble pointing out on a map. They need help.

Man, you Americans think everything is about you, it's not. Get over it.

4. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's funny... a blanket stereotype about Americans in a post denying bias against Americans.
    You should write comedy. [i mean *intentionally*] :)

5. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Bit weak buddy. To paraphrase someone in another forum. I'm a bit tired now, so I can't be bothered.

Chillie Con Carne for dinner with a beer. Hmmnnn, lovely.

6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Gee Bob, get a sense of humor. Gotta admit its kinda like a bride sitting up in bed and indignantly saying...

7. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO. Bob, when you try walk back a statement of clear dislike of Americans, you are supposed to leave the anti-american stereotypes out. Even without the stereotype, trying to include other western countries into the list of places you wouldnt lend is just weak. Besides, you've taken the opportunity to root for the Taliban, Al Queda, and anyone or anything else the US stands against on a myriad of other threads (no I'm not going to dig them up).

Gee Bob. Why don't you just cut to the chase and tell me the word you are thinking of, what it means, and what my friends intent was in swaying it. Obviously I have no idea, and I am certainly not a mind reader.

LoL. Would it help your liberal outage if I told a few stories of misdeeds from within US borders(I certainly have a few)? Would that show a disrespect for Americans? I don't speak for America any more than you speak for Australia, and I'm certain that most Aussies reading your posts on this forum are thankful for that (and probably a few Americans as well, lol).

Life is very short, Bob. Too short to worry about uptight wankers who take offense to everything, and what they think about me. Too short to get offended at people who just generally dislike Americans, so long as they aren't committing or promoting acts of violence against them. Too short to worry about what people do in their bedroom. Certainly too short to get "disturbed" at boys being boys, again with the disclaimer on acts of violence. That said, if I manage to get to my fourth kid without having a boy, I will be thankful :D.

Obamanation, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  8. mi25

mi25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If organized religions start to pay taxes my beloved newly found church of spaghetti monster would be in financial hardship.
    All hail to the spaghetti monster.
    fsmbrochure.jpg

mi25, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  9. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Now that made me giggle.

Just thought that given your extensive travelling history with Aussies, your mateship with them in California, you would have picked up a bit of the slang. It is in English.

Great, share.

I've stated it before, you personally have been totally disrespectful to Aussie dead. It's not about Americans, it's about you.

Good Luck with your fourth kid.

10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Its not about Aussies or Aussie dead either, but rather your feigned outrage on behalf of all of the above. I think I covered your overdelicate sensibilities in my post above.

Just keeping up with the Mexicans. Somebody has to.

11. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Not feigned Seppo. It's the same outrage you would display if I spoke the same way about the innocent victims of 911.

Now I know you probably didn't really say it in real life under the circumstances you described. If you did you wouldn't have children now. But you did say it in a post. Now you have a good weekend you hear.

12. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    1 buck a square meter? Just a few years ago an actual virgin rainforest, not abandoned due to abuse farmland, could be bought for $15 per hectare. Right now there is a parcel of 1.2 million acres for sale for a hell of a lot less than that.
    Your acquaintance is a fraud , and what he sells is happiness for green stupid hypocrites in the US, that's it.

thesickearth, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Let me stop you, before you completely jump the shark. Right now, I can sell you a free standing three bedroom two bath house built in the last 10 years in Southern California for $30k, despite the fact it is nearly impossible to acquire a one bedroom condominium for less than 100k. My point? Property is valued on a variety of factors, not the least of which is location. The same is most certainly true of Rainforest, so lets start with the most general of terms.

In what country does your non-fraudulent virgin rainforest reside?

I can hook up the type of prices you are talking about all day long in Nicaragua. Of course your title may not be worth the paper is written on, so there is that, but I don't suppose that really matters because, as a foreigner, you would never be permitted to do anything with it anyway (Locals are still permitted to clear cut old grown lol). Had you read my post, you would realize the annual stipend for reforestation in Costa Rica exceeds the 15$/hectare sale price you are quoting. Who wouldn't sign up for a deal like that?

Anyway, you clearly missed the point of my post. Whether we are talking about a reforestation project in Costa Rica, or the price of "title" to virgin rainfores" in some other place, or the cost of pixie dust in never never land, or the value of proving interest free funding to a loan sharking company like Kiva, who claims to raise people out of poverty by providing them extremely expensive loans, we are talking about shady business. To point out the questionable nature of any of the above is to point out the obvious.

14. thesickearth

Best Answers:
    1- Brazil
    2--I really doubt that exhausted farmland in Costa Rica cost more than $500-1000 per hectare, so obviously $3000 per hectare per year is not available for everybody
    3-- I know, just talking out loud

thesickearth, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I'd love to see a link to this readily available cheap land

I have yet to see any exhausted farmland in a country that gets bombarded by rain all but five months out of the year. What you stick in the ground grows. Period. The real battle is keeping the rainforest from returning to cleared land. The cheapest land to be had is usually rainforest, bought at a minimum of 1000 hecs at a time, someplace completely unreachable by road. Not exactly a high demand market, especially since clearing, road development, and farming would likely be prohibited. Once you try getting land that has already been cleared and reachable by road, in sizes of 100 hecs or smaller, the price goes up exponentially. So yes, your pink elephant exists, even in Costa Rica, at prices as low as 10 cents a meter.

When I think about Brazil's penchant for clear cutting rainforest, the flat nature of the land, and the high value of date palm plantations, I myself would be seriously interested in land of any sort in Brazil at 15$ a hec (with real title). What I wouldn't be interested in, I have cash buyers for, in prices all the way to $1000/hec, depending on the land. All joking aside, if you seriously have access to this kind of thing, send me a message.

Obamanation, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  16. thesickearth

Best Answers:
    date palms take forever to mature and doubtfully will survive let alone perform in a wet climate, unless there are some new varieties are out there.
    The $15 per hectar e land II've seen often just a few years ago, I dont follow that market anymore, it is likely that it is more now. Also, in many occasions they want you to keep 80% of the land forested ( not with teak ) and often it is accessible only by river /air.

Here is a parcel up to 2.7 million acres in size, I doubt they want more than $10-12 per hectare

http://www.viviun.com/AD-21420/ It already has permits for mahogany logging and mineral , rubber development.

To think that 110 000 sq feet of the most intense life on Earth will be annihilated for a price of a drive-through junk meal... Something to remember when you will be shoveling that shit into your mouth.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    thesickearth, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Dude, you sent me a link to 500,000 hecs without a price listed. What kind of evidence is that? If you have evidence to back your claim of $10-12 per hectare land being easy to find, I'd love to see it. Until then, it remains as fictitious as unicorn crap. And let me assure you, it didn't exist two years ago either. Maybe 10.... Maybe....but doubtful.

I also misspoke when I said date palms. Apparently the biodiesel palm is the African oil palm, but let me assure you, they grow well in wet climates. So well, in fact, rainforest is being cleared to grow them.

Obamanation, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  18. thesickearth

Best Answers:
    First of all I was talking about $15 per hectare land, and only assumed that they would want less due to a scale, second , I genuinely could not care less if you believe me or not.

thesickearth, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  19. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    CHARITIES are pressuring vulnerable, elderly and dying Australians with highly emotive tactics, psychological profiling and death-bed visits from lawyers to bequeath their estates.

"Greedy" families must be frozen out of wills, Australia's major charitable organisations were told last week at a confidential convention.

Hundreds of representatives from almost every prominent Australian charity - including Amnesty International, World Vision, Mission Australia, the Heart Foundation, Guide Dogs, Ronald McDonald House and ChildFund - spent up to $3000 per delegate to attend.

The convention included "masterclasses" on extracting money from frail, ill and wealthy benefactors.

Mr Radcliffe said in Australia "there is one death every three minutes and 42 seconds, that's what we're about really".

Mr Radcliffe prompted laughter by saying the falling death rate, the lowest in 80 years, was "really depressing" for charities.

He said most people who gave a bequest chose three charities - frequently a mix of health, animal and water-safety organisations.

"So the best legacy strategy for you lot is to find a child with cancer, on a donkey, in a lifeboat, and you're ready to make millions," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-in-on-the-dying/story-e6freuy9-1226288206819

Bushranger, Mar 3, 2012 IP
  20. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow emotional blackmail , you mean the same tactic that we see in every freaking campaign coming from the left wing ? Frankly you don't have the right to wine about it just as the right wing doesn't have the right to wine about defense spending . The left has always based it's campaigns on the emotional side and no one complain about it . Now that charities are doing the same you're getting annoyed ? LOL . This reminds me of that old joke "Don't steal .... the government hates competition" .

Also do you really have to post your reply in

this

freaking

way ?

ApocalypseXL, Mar 4, 2012 IP