1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the point?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by SeniorWarden6407, Feb 21, 2012.

Can anyone tell me what the point is for people to start a Twitter ID, then gather thousands of followers, but never subsequently "tweeting"? I'm totally baffled - are they just retarded, or what?

SeniorWarden6407, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  2. SeniorWarden6407

SeniorWarden6407 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been trawling the Twitter forum here on DP, and I've discovered why - it's a way of making money! Well, I know what I think of that - it stinks! I've always worked in proper jobs, and am proud to say that when I retire in late April, I will have worked for the last 52 years in honourable occupations, not by skyving or living off the State :)

SeniorWarden6407, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  3. seo_philly

seo_philly Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi SeniorWarden,

I think the purpose for such activities are:

1. to gather followers (to which, if you are in business, followers could mean prospects and thus - SALES)
    2. celebrities and their activity broadcast
    3. merely thinking aloud

seo_philly, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  4. SeniorWarden6407

SeniorWarden6407 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply seo_philly, but you missed my point - I'm against those Twits who are looking for employment by Tweeting, rather than going out there to find a PROPER job. I was laid off at the age of 61, but when I was 63 I got my current job in a role I really enjoy, being a lover of the English Language - I became a Copywriter/Proof Reader; so my persistence in actively looking for work paid off!

SeniorWarden6407, Feb 23, 2012 IP