1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Restore Online Shoppers' Confidence Act

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by attorney jaffe, Feb 22, 2012.

The Restore Online Shoppers' Confidence Act -- This law restricts web sites from sharing a customer’s credit card information and makes it illegal for a 2nd site to bill you for something you bought using the credit card information you gave the original site.

While this act was signed into law on 12/29/10 I have seen very little information concerning this act on the web. Yesterday, I used this act for the benefit of a client who had bogus charges from unknown entities every other day after buying something on the web. As it turned out, the bogus charges were from a “data pass” to a 3rd party which this law forbids.

attorney jaffe, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does that law apply only to online transactions?

Laceygirl, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  3. UnSkeen

UnSkeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Laceygirl I believe so.

UnSkeen, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would guess otherwise from the title alone.... but I looked it up to be sure:

http://uscodebeta.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-title15-section8402&num=0

browntwn, Feb 22, 2012 IP