1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Search Variation

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jaysonrexss, Feb 22, 2012.

Does Goole search differs to each and every OS? Like will it be showing the search result in Windows, Mac & Linux?

jaysonrexss, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  2. JPT24

JPT24 Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think that the SERPs provided differ from OS to OS. However, be aware that I've found that the SERPs provided by toolbars can differ from those provided by the search engines when you go to them directly.

JPT24, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  3. ashokpatidar

ashokpatidar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google generally doesn't alter it's SERPs in different OS. However, Bing & Yahoo usually do that. Although, It depends on country to country. For example in China, which has set certain rules for Search Engine results, Bing & Yahoo wouldn't show you the same results as in USA or any where else. Furthermore, It depends on the kind of site too. SERPs in mobile OS are generally different then the desktop OS.

ashokpatidar, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  4. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    There are no variations.

Sam Gilmore, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  5. premierwebstrategies

premierwebstrategies Peon

Best Answers:
    Your operating system won't have any variation in general search engine results; however, you still have to remember that Google has personalized search and web history that can be used to cater search results to a user; thus being different than standard results.

premierwebstrategies, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  6. johnkaven80

johnkaven80 Banned

Best Answers:
    The results shown by google depends on different location as user is based on USA then it just display the only results which are related to USA first.

johnkaven80, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  7. ericksteve

ericksteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engines results will remain same for all Operating System. I think we won't surprise if you ask does it matter which browser I am using when it comes to search engine results.
    ;)

ericksteve, Feb 22, 2012 IP