1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i wanna open a wordpress e commerce website can anyone guide me please

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by chiller4life, Feb 11, 2012.

i want to open wordpress e commerce need help a guide

chiller4life, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    You are going to have to give a heck of a lot more information than that.

What do you mean "Ecommerce"?
    Are you selling your own products or affiliate program?
    Are you processing your own credit cards?
    What's the product?
    What other features do you need on the site?
    Is it's only purpose to sell products?

hmansfield, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  3. inayah

inayah Peon

Best Answers:
    You can check many plugins from worpress.org ::: wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/e-commerce
    choose plugins that suitable with your needs

inayah, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  4. chiller4life

chiller4life Member

Best Answers:
    Are you selling your own products or affiliate program?

yes i want to do both different sites but if i can do it on one then thats good aswell.

Are you processing your own credit cards?

i dont know what u mean by that but just like normal paypal payment and fill the registery payment

the products are gonna be probably electrics mobile and stuff

What other features do you need on the site?
    just an other page of blogs or news mainly news

yes advertising and selling

chiller4life, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Selling your own products and just opening up an affiliate site are complete different things.
    If you are selling your own products, as the previous poster said, there are many ecommerce plug ins. You will have to see which have the functions that you are looking for. I Like this one:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce

I suspect that you really don't know what you want or need, so you probably need to narrow in on EXACTLY what you want to do. "Ecommerce" is a broad term that can mean a lot of different things.

hmansfield, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  6. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello buddy download and install the plugin wpstorecart!

zubizubi, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  7. chiller4life

chiller4life Member

Best Answers:
    i wanna do affliate program one and then later on i m gonna open a website of my own when i get enuf experiance

chiller4life, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  8. cliffmaster

cliffmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me know how that goes for you.

cliffmaster, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  9. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    You can build an affiliate site on anything. You don't need an ecommerce plug in because you will be using the tools and materials from the program, and you aren't processing any payments.

hmansfield, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  10. Chris Dietrich

Chris Dietrich Peon

Best Answers:
    Currently I´d say that woo commerce is a great plugin that does all and more. even your own affiliate program ;)

Chris Dietrich, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  11. emoviefreak

emoviefreak Guest

Best Answers:
    why don't you go for proper ecommerce site like magento or oscommerce better then a blogging site

emoviefreak, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  12. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not 1997 anymore dude. WordPress is a full featured CMS and publishing platform used by top companies around the world. It's what you do with it that makes the difference.

You can build a crappy site in Magneto or Oscommerce just like any others if you have no idea what you are doing.

But don't give bad advice to others because of your own prejudices that WordPress is simply a blogging software, because that isn't true.
    It's all about using the best tools for the job and based on what the OP has said, building a site using software that is purely ecommerce is overkill for what he wants to do, and probably will hurt the project more than help it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    hmansfield, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  13. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're just getting started I would use Shopp which is a great plugin for building nice and simple-to-adminster Wordpress store sites. It's got a huge feature set without being overly complicated to setup and use. Also, you can get started with a non-Wordpress ecommerce solution called Shopify that's even simpler to use but is subscription-based.

freelancewebaz, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  14. chiller4life

chiller4life Member

Best Answers:
    thanx for da advice people yeh the reason i wanna use wordpress is because i wanna get to know the cms system and keep updating so my ranking stays high so these are the plug ins i should try

wp cast.
    shoppify
    i have downloaded one called wp-ecommence

what about the affliate programs how do i get started on that

1. get clients
    2.set up (how)

chiller4life, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  15. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Affiliate programs all all different depending on the company. Some are run by outside companies like:
    Commission Junction and Link Share, which run affiliate programs for 100's of companies.

And some companies run their own like Ebay Partner Network, and Amazon Associates

Each has different standards for acceptance.
    The better programs have higher standards that depend on your website's design, content, traffic sources and marketing program.

It's not easy and your business has to be on the "up and up". Affiliate programs don't play anymore when it comes to black hat tricks, unethical promotions and spamming the web.

Look for programs that you want to promote or products that match your content, and expertise.

hmansfield, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  16. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    THe best option for wordpress is wp e-commerce. I used it and it is working well both for real online shops and affiliate shops.

If you are a newbie in ecommerce and web development, then you should go for a non wordpress solution. Try prestashop. The default version will teach you what you need to know for ecommerce. Default wp ecommerge will tell you nothing.

thedark, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  17. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Note: Amazing that the Prestashop website itself, looks like it's running on WordPress.

No software is going to "teach you what you need to know abut ecommerce". Whether you use WordPress, Joomla, Magneto, or any of the other solutions, they won't teach you anything about SEO, SEM, PPC, Marketing, Advertising and running a business. They are just software.

Personally I prefer WordPresss, but to be honest, if you have a firm grasp of how to sell on online, you can be successful with any of the above.
    But it's all of the other stuff that is the hard part.

Between building the website and getting people to buy products....getting people to buy products is the harder of the 2 things.
    Anyone can learn how to build a website. Most people never learn how to make any money with one.

hmansfield, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  18. Insiston

Insiston Peon

Best Answers:
    Its always better to more or less story board your idea, list the goals for the site, research the niche, then best selling or most profitable niche, then see which platform delivers to your needs. How many products you want to sell or affifliate with, who to affiliate with etc.. Much better than trying to make your chosen platform fit your needs later.

Right now it sounds like you are doing it backwards, cart before the horse approach.

Plenty of help here once you've narrowed down and can explain your needs better.

Wish you well, chat later.

Insiston, Feb 24, 2012 IP