1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what happen if i dont pay paypal negative balance

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by idunnowhy, Oct 15, 2011.

1. malkram

malkram Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think they'll charge your card/bank account without your permission but if you don't solve the dispute I think they can sue you if they got your informations. Good luck !

malkram, Dec 24, 2011 IP
  2. gabkwong

gabkwong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They will ban you.

gabkwong, Dec 24, 2011 IP
  3. vididong.com

vididong.com Member

Best Answers:
    they could not debit your account

vididong.com, Dec 25, 2011 IP
  4. coolu

coolu Active Member

Best Answers:
    They wont charge your bank or either your debit card as you said it got expired

coolu, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  5. smaluioa

smaluioa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just pay it off, otherwise if you go to take out a mortgage or a loan, you're going to be paying a shit load of interest, because your credit rating will be bad.

smaluioa, Dec 27, 2011 IP
  6. webzexpert

webzexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    If its a big amount you may have tough time but if its small amount paypal will keep sending you email to add fund in your paypal account.

webzexpert, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  7. Paypal_

Paypal_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have -360$ in paypal account. My account has been locked from June 2011 and has been subsequently closed.
    I am in UAE.
    I got below message from paypal on 10/31/2011 (this is last email from them):

WIll there be any implications if I dont pay?

Subject: [h=1]Re: LockedAccount : NA (ID: C784-L001-T-S111-W000000) (KMM39188348V69433L0KM) :ppk1[/h]Body:
    Dear xxxxxxxx,

Your account has been locked because it has had a negative balance of $359.81 USD for an extended period of time.
    To resolve the negative balance:
    Send a personal check, cashier's check, or money order along with your PayPal account email address to:
    PayPal, Inc.
    Attn: Accounting
    P.O. Box 45950
    Omaha, NE 68145-0950
    Personal checks must be in U.S. Dollars. We accept cashier's checks or money orders in U.S. Dollars.
    Accounts paid by personal check must remain in good standing for 30 days before we can review the account.
    Include email address associated to the PayPal account on the check/certified check/money order.
    Sincerely,
    Shelly
    PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright© 2011 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.

Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPalâ„¢ payment service stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Form Message[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]customer message:[/TD]
    [TD]-[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    &####;

Paypal_, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  8. maometto

maometto Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there.

So, until now, what action do Paypal take on you?
    I need to know it because I am facing the same problem like you now.
    I really need an advice from you on what should I do now.

Thanks..

maometto, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  9. maometto

maometto Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there.

So what action do Paypal take on you?
    I need to know it because I am facing the same problem like you right now.
    Do you have any advice for me?

Thank You

maometto, Apr 21, 2012 IP
  10. mussy52

mussy52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

I have a major issue here. I had sold an iphone on eBay for £267, the buyer had paid through PayPal and everything was going smooth. I then later noticed that his eBay name and PayPal name and address were completely different. So my instincts was that this person was committing fraud, and so I decided not to send of the item to him and just wait and see what happens. He then later opened a case on ebay, but before that he sent me a fake PayPal email saying I had to pay him back. (I know its fake because i sent it to spoof@paypal.com and they told me it was a phishing attempt). So again my natural instincts were that because I was not responding to the case, PayPal would come to me directly to me to ask me whats going on, in which they didnt and the fee was reversed, leaving me with a -£267 negative balance.

Now, PayPal have sent me countless amount of Emails saying I had to pay it back, and I have ignored it, and now they have started to call my house, I answered once and said the person wasn't at home to take the call, and since then they have been calling me everyday and I have ignored.

Who here is at fault? Should I just tell PayPal that the buyer was committing fraud and I didnt want no part in it so I ignored it? Worst thing is, im only 15, i have a debit card on file, with all my real details, AND my account is limited because ive made over £1,900 payments in a year. I've been a valued eBay and PayPal customer for 5 years now with +100 feedback. So im really stuck here, I can't let my parents know im -£267 in debt, and if that phone keeps ringing they'll know somethings wrong.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Thanks

mussy52, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  11. Noticed

Noticed Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were you I would pay it, if you don't they will turn you into a collections agency and they will bug you all the time.

Noticed, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  12. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    15?
    Tell PayPal your 15, and they'll close your account or theyll probably ignore you, or let them get he debt collectors onto you, they'll ring you and you just say that your 15 and under UK law a minor (someone under 18) cannot get into debt untill 18, they'll ask you to send ID, send it, and they'll drop the case.

AllHostOne.co.uk, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  13. mussy52

mussy52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Surely they'll blame my parents for it? Well the debt collectors have already started calling everyday and have already sent a letter. How can you be so sure they'll just drop the case? Has it happened to you before?

Thanks for the reply...

mussy52, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  14. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    Im 17, Basically, long story short, paypal got debt collectors on to me, they sent me letters and rang me, I told them I dont have a paypal account and that im 17, which means in the UK the law states a minor (under 18) cannot get into debt, so they asked me to provide proof of this, so i sent them my provisional and NUS card (photocopies), rang them up a few days later and they said they had dropped the case. What company is the debt collectors?

AllHostOne.co.uk, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  15. mussy52

mussy52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah okay, i see, awesome, next time they call I'll say that and I'll post back here what they do/say. The company is called iQor.

Thanks a lot for your hep.

mussy52, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  16. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    iQor is who came after me, ring them up ,give them the reference number and tell them your 15, and then send them proof in the post.

AllHostOne.co.uk, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  17. mussy52

mussy52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say, cheers.

Thanks for the advice

mussy52, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  18. mussy52

mussy52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi again,

so I called up iQor this afternoon, they took my reference number, and my date of birth and then she asked me if I had intended to pay the £267 back, and I said 'no, I dont have a PayPal account.' The woman replies 'oh, well in that case, you'll have to contact your nearest police station and get a crime reference number and then call us back, so we can pass that on to PayPal.'

Bump. :( Now what?

mussy52, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  19. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If your under 18, (or under the legal age in your country) you really need a guardian to go with you and to deal with everything.

secondly, why do you have a paypal account at all if your under 18? Why are you even on ebay?
    As for the person who brought it, you claim it was fraud as the ebay and paypal name was different; well i myself will often pay for my wifes ebay purchases using my paypal. My sister in law doesnt have a paypal account, so again, i pay for her purchases using my paypal, and they fix me up later. I even buy things on ebay using my sisters name and mailing details so that it gets sent direct to my nephew -> in each case the ebay name and the paypal name is different, and in each case the seller shipped the goods and there was no problems.

Youve decided (without any real proof) to refuse to send the item and the buyer has all right to file a claim as the item wasnt sent -> i have myself refused to send to countries like Nigeria, as i know its a scam, but you just refund it and be done. If you were convinced it was a scam, then you should have refunded the money.
    At any rate, Maybe you can keep the money and get away with it, but in my book, if you still have the item, and your trying to keep the money then this becomes theft.
    $267 is not enough to make it worth while becoming a theif -> if your gonna become a theif, steal something worthwhile.

matt_62, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  20. mussy52

mussy52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well.. Firstly, I have an eBay and PayPal account because I am a young entrepreneur and a true business man and all the money I make is by selling stuff on eBay. Yes I might be breaking the T&C's, but that is the only way I can make money. I've been with PayPal and eBay for 5 years and I've never had a problem before.

Secondly, If you had read my post properly, you would have a different response. But I'll reiterate for you, the buyer had sent me a FAKE email claiming it was from PayPal, I forwarded this email to spoof@paypal.com and they replied back to me saying it was a fraud and phishing attempt. My intention was not to scam him or anything, I just didn't want to get involve with his activity.

mussy52, Aug 10, 2012 IP