1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I sell my website? Or just keep it to generate more money?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by тнє Sufi, Feb 17, 2012.

I have a quotation site (build with wordpress+custom theme) with around 3500+ pageviews daily (around 1000 daily visitors) with less than 50% bounce rate and around 20% returning visitors. Most of my visitors are from USA. I am ranked on top of google search for my target keyword "facebook quotes" and within second page of google for "famous quotes". I am currently getting more than 30+ adsense clicks per day. That is around $8-$13 per day. Site is 5 months old and have a PR3.
    Now I am bit confused about whether I should keep it myself, or just sell it to get a good onetime price:confused: I am confused here. So some suggestions from you guys will be really great.
    What do you think, how much money can I get if I sell this site? The reason of interested for selling is, I need some money now (cash). Also, I have another problem. I am in Bangladesh. Here I do not have any international payment method, and google sends me money by check, which I am unable to use online. I am currently on a shared server in hostgator. But I believe I need to buy a VPS soon to afford the growing rate of visitors. And paying for hosting bill be a problem for me, as google sends me check. And in my country, I do not have option to use international credit card or paypal. Even I can not send money to some other country using western union.
    So what you guys think? What should I do?

тнє Sufi, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  2. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the visitors are increasing I suggest you to not to sell it. If you can get monthly 10000 page views you can earn more by selling advertising space via buysellads.

dumindushalika, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  3. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you mean 100,000 page views per month? I am already getting around 3500+ page views per day according to google analytics.
    I tried to add my site to buysellads, but they did not accept me :( my alexa rank is very poor.

тнє Sufi, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  4. adel_greeneyes

adel_greeneyes Peon

Best Answers:
    i would sell it for good money and make another one hehehe

adel_greeneyes, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  5. Tushavi

Tushavi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do not Sell the site, because peoples are very less bid the websites, but if you work hard then you earn more than what peoples offer you one time,

Tushavi, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  6. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried alternatives to Adsense yet? Before making a decision about selling, I would suggest taking a couple months to experiment and see what types of results you can get from some revenue alternatives. You don't even have to remove Adsense from your site while doing this, as long as an alternative you are trying out doesn't conflict with Adsense policies. Even if you decide you need to sell, you want to be able to show as much revenue as possible as that will boost the value of your site.

As for your problem with sending money from Bangladesh to another country, I am not familiar with the rules and regulations surrounding your country and sending money Internationally, but there are a few things you might want to look at. The first would be just sending a personal check (or bank check - money order, cashier's check). Look around at various hosting companies in the US to see what their payment options are. If you find a couple companies that you think you might really like to get a VPS through, even if they don't list an option that works for you, contact them and explain your situation. They may decide to be flexible and work to make it possible for you to rent a VPS from them (showing your site to them may help win them over).

Have you looked into doing a good ol' fashioned bank-to-bank (wire) transfer? Like I said, I don't know what types of regulations there are for your country, and there is usually a sizable fee (paying yearly if possible can help make the fee more manageable, when talking to a hosting company about it be clear that you are willing to pay their acceptance fee if their bank charges them for it), but look into whether it is possible to just wire money to a hosting company's bank from your bank if you have not done so already.

I didn't take a detailed look at it, but check out Sonali Exchange Company. I have no idea if they offer what you need, but give it a look if you haven't already.

Does MoneyGram still have a location in Dhaka? I know they did at one point. They are like Western Union, not as popular, but they do have quite a few locations in the US, even outside of the big cities (there is one in my town of only 15k people). You might be able to find a hosting company that will take MoneyGram, or at least be able to use it for the next option.

Another option would be to take on a "partner". Work out a deal with someone in a country where they can get a VPS (pay them a few bucks to rent the server for you). I would look at this as a last resort, but it is an option that can work if all others fail.

mhovingh, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  7. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    If the visitors are increasing i advise you to not sell .it is better for u

edvvardbrian, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  8. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I am also thinking not to sell now, as visitor is increasing rapidly. One problem I am having is with adsense is I am getting only few bucks for over 70-80 clicks. Don't know it is normal or not with adsense. Also I have applied for buysellads. Lets see if they accept me.
    Actually rules and regulations of country regarding to money transfer is very painful. If I want to send money to outside, I need to have an import-export license! Sonali exchange and moneygrams are available in my location, but they only receive money, they can not send money!
    I have figured out in some other way. I have some relatives in UK. I had contacted with them, and they will help me to buy hosting. Seems like the only option for me.
    And thank you all for your suggestions. :)

тнє Sufi, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  9. neels

neels Peon

Best Answers:
    its better to sell it if u need money .ok

neels, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  10. genchev

genchev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to keep it. $8-$13 per day is a good rate. It's $240-$390 per month and if the visitors are growing so will the earnings. You can try cpa offers too or banner selling. Your websites seems to be related to facebook so a lot of people will buy ad space there to promote their fb products and pages.
    There's also the factor "time". If you have a daily job and can't spend more time to develop your website, you better sell it. I sell my websites for 9 months earnings. In your case - $2160-$3510.

genchev, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  11. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly that! If you can find a "solution" to your money transfer issue then alone with Google Adsense you would afford to pay hosting costs and have some extra bucks in your pocket, but the real thing is the CPA offers in such sites, you should definitively give it a try (and test a few) before even thinking to sell the site.

Trapped, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  12. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your information. I am currently generating more than $15 daily from adsense :) and I am happy with it, planning not to sell. Daily visitor increased to over 1700+ per day, also page views increased.
    How can I find those advertisers for my site? BuySellAds did not accept me. They even did not reply to my ticket.

тнє Sufi, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  13. genchev

genchev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's a sub-forum here where you can sell ad space. You can try there, also you can try to put an "advertise" link at your home page and put a contact form for advertisers. You can put a banner saying "Buy Ad space here" or something. Just be careful what you sell and for how much you sell it. If you make $300 per placed adsense ad, then you shouldn't sell it for less.

genchev, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  14. genzwebsolutions

genzwebsolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    i will buy it & sell in billions! hehehe

genzwebsolutions, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  15. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't Sell it.... Try to monitize in more effective way.

jhardy2008, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  16. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't mention whether you're building a list. Why not create a "My 101 favorite quotes" ebook and offer it for opt-in. Then you can market to your ever growing list, for example Clickbank products, possibly. Make sure to check with them first though to ensure you can get paid.

If it checks out, you may find that some of those personal growth or inspirational products they have might work well, depending on the nature of your quotes.

SEOwriterplus, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  17. volatile_boy

volatile_boy Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice, dont sell it, just keep it to yourself, have new ideas, build it around it, think out of box and use the site to generate more traffic from related keywords and related markets.

volatile_boy, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  18. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with genchev. Try the sub-forum first, and actually install a plugin that allows you to promote advertising space, and leave one blank advertising space open, check out other websites of how they have their own advertisers media kit. This can be from price to price on a monthly scale, and how to retain the advertisers maybe lowering the price for long time users.

James Byun, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  19. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    there are many websites where you can sell your website but generating revenue is something good.

neil_buzzerchat_staff, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  20. coder0403

coder0403 Peon

Best Answers:
    coder0403, Feb 28, 2012 IP