1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suing Google.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by ForumKorner, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I am working on suing Google Adsense, and I need to know exactly who I need to serve the papers to. Does anyone know who the agent of service is? I would prefer not even suing them, the main thing I want is to just get my account reinstated.

ForumKorner, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  2. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.... All the best! ;) By the way which account do you want reinstated? Gmail? Orkut? AdSense? Google Search?... Google has around 19 subsidiaries and each of these are independent when it comes to legal issues.

sumdor, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  3. Alex060985

Alex060985 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Although suing Google is something that you would think is impossible, it has been done before and the prosecution won but they carried a huge bill into the courts with a high risk of having wasted their money. Rather than calling the odds and telling them that you are going to sue them, why not ask them what you have done and rectify the issues involved?

Trying to take on such a battle yourself will leave you much more worse off and you will have a task on finding a lawyer that will be happy to be placed into the public eye with such a high profile case.

Alex060985, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  4. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Adsense just as the thread says. I also finally got a number of googles they really hide that kind of information as best as they can I have noticed.

5. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried contacting them, and I have gotten no reply. I don't want to have to sue them at all. I simply just want my adsense account reopened. They didn't even give me a reason for deactivating, and permanently banning me from adsense.

6. Alex060985

Alex060985 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ask yourself this.... where you meeting their guidelines including the placement of the banners/ads being 150px away from the content? Where you clicking on your ads or asking friends to do so? Is there any adult content or blackhat methods being placed into the site?

I'll be brutal when i tell you, you have no leg to stand on when it comes to wanting them to open your account again or you will sue them in court, they have the right to refuse service to anyone in which they believe to be a risk to either them or their advertisers and that is what you signed to acknowledge when you first opened the account with them.

Forget about suing them as no one will even take you seriously and move to another network such as AdClick etc

Alex060985, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  7. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    I followed the rules as best as I could. I never did anything that broke the rules. I can guarantee they disabled my account for no apparent reason, and that is why they didn't tell me anything in the email they sent me upon getting banned. I am 95% sure some douche just reported my website, and they just banned me without investigating what so ever. I also should say I had a very large amount of funds getting ready to be paid to me. Also other networks are not even close to worth using considering 99.9% of them allow trash malware promoting websites to display ads so when you put them up on your site it shows up as your website containing malware when its really just the ads. It not only makes your website less money it makes your website look bad.

8. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you're gonna sue the company who you want to work for?
    HAHA, sorry I just had to laugh at this. xD

Seriously, Google has the right to ban you without telling you why.
    I got banned because someone click-bombed my ads, and there's nothing I can do about it.

You won't accomplish anything by suing them and you will sure as hell not get your account back.
    And if you somehow miraculously get your account back, then be prepared to get smart-priced.

Wulkanen, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  9. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you are just not understanding me... I have already gotten an attorney, and have talked him. He is one of the best in Oregon, and has went over everything already. I am mainly trying to get them to just reinstate my account rather than having to goto small claims court. I just don't think you get that the fact of what my intentions are. I am mainly just trying to scare them into reinstating me. My attorney knows a great deal about what he does, and has worked 60 years on the job. /he knows what he is doing, and talking about. As well as scaring companies into giving the defendant what they want instead of following threw with court.

10. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can talk to the adsense review board for free, you dont need a 83-104 year old attorney to do that.

ЄxDeus™, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  11. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're going up in court against Google, you'll need to start explaining yourself a bit more clearly.

I could understand if there is a substantial sum of money in your adsense account that they have confiscated, and you disagree with their reasons for confiscation, but if you just (as you keep repeating) want them to reopen your account, you can forget it.

There is no law that says Google have to operate an adsense account for you. Just like Citibank isn't obliged to open a checking account for you.

contentboss, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  12. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly my point as well.
    Plus, it's never a good idea to sue the company you want to work with.
    Especially not with the "scare tactics" you say that you're going to use lol.

Your money is long gone, they have already been given back to the advertisers the moment you got banned.

Wulkanen, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  13. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't want to talk to some board. I want to talk to a human being with situations like this. There is literally only one play, along with one chance on getting back into adsense and its a slim chance to make it.

I already know but its worth a shot, and there is a chance.

I already know for a fact that the money was refunded to the advertisers as they said that in the email. Like I said before though I could care less about the money that was in the account I could easily make quadruple that in less than a month now that I have succeeded with numerous of my websites, and have alot of traffic coming in.

14. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You have no case. Google can terminate you at will.

You would need to sue them in Palo Alto, California.

You can't have an attorney represent you in small claims court.

Even if you won, Google would appeal. If they bumped it out of small claims court, you would be looking at tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Google has a huge legal team on retainer. You aren't going to "scare" them into doing anything. You should just move on.

mjewel, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  15. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, you can't get re instated this way, this is for sure.
    There has been several cases before, and google doesn't care about going to court for that. In the court they will produce the reasons for your ban, they'll have to reveal them to the judge. But even if it's in appeal they'll win. They are aware of the reasons why they banned you, but you don't.

I can find back this story for you, it's even in a thread in DP, ok not waiting for your answer it will be a quick search anyway..

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2349470&p=17092420#post17092420

If it can help you comparing your situation with the one of the person talked about..

If not, then go ahead, and be sure to document it and publish it online, it's always a fun read, can attract you visitors in the process, which you can monetize with infolinks or other ad networks. Also take this opportunity to explore other sources of income such as CPA networks, eg. clickbank, etc.

JamesColin, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  16. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    When in doubt, pay attention to mjewel. He has a VERY long rep of giving great advice here.

contentboss, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  17. QZAX

QZAX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    and you have a very good rep of giving crap advice here.

Sorry to everyone else for using this thread to deal with contentboss but he asked me to do this.

QZAX, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  18. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Finding out who the agent is for service of process takes all of about 10 seconds and any attorney could do it easily. If you have an attorney there is absolutely no reason you would need to be posting this request on the forum. Your attorney would determine the proper party to sue, their corporate status and agent for service of process.

It is hard to take you seriously. But for kicks, here is the info:

browntwn, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  19. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I actually spoke with some lawyers in a high rise in San Francisco that were interested in taking my case. The thing about it is you will immediately be hit with delays from google's lawyers making the case take a few years, and increasing your costs. That means you either need to have a REALLY good case that the lawyers want to take up on their own and finance, or you need money.

dvduval, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  20. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would say nearly every case in California takes years to get to trial. It has nothing to do with intentional delay, the courts are simply backlogged.

browntwn, Feb 17, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.