1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I create my own Dedicated Hosting Server for my local network?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by тнє Sufi, Feb 16, 2012.

Hello all experts there,
    I need some help. I run a small web design company. I have a small network of 10 computers in my office. Generally all of my developers use XAMPP to test websites locally before uploading LIVE server. But I want to build a system or server to browse any developing sites from any computer in my network. It can be done by configuring XAMPP or WAMP. But I want to use a local dedicated server.
    I can setup servers (linux, php, mysql, apache and all other required stuffs), but I do not have any experience about setting up hardware. So some help will be really appreciable.
    My queries are:
    1) What configuration do I need for this? Some intel core i5 or i7 with 4GB-8GB DDR3 RAM? Or do I need some kind of server computers (xenon processors etc)?
    2) How can I connect this server to my already build network. I have learned that I will need to set a static IP with a open port 80 for the server PC. So I think I will need a router for the server PC. Am I right? So after setting up the server, I just connect it to the network through the router of the server pc?
    3) Also which Linux OS do you think I should use? CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu?

I hope there are lots of expert people around there, who can help me. Any help will be appreciable.

Thanks,
    Sufi.

тнє Sufi, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  2. kingwinbond

kingwinbond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello ,

The answer to your queries are as follows
    1) You can choose a server with core i5 or i7 with 2 GB RAM .
    2) You will need a Static IP from your ISP to connect to the server remotely . There will be no need of a Router .
    3) you can chose centOS Os . Thats it you can start accessing your server and setting it up .

kingwinbond, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  3. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your information. But why will I need IP from ISP? I want it to show only to my network, not internet.

тнє Sufi, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  4. riteshsanap

riteshsanap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well ,
    I do not think you need Even core i3 or i5 processor, you can even make a dedicated server using junk, because you are going to use it in Local and Also need no of IP becoz of Local NetWork, because when you setup the Dedicated i.e. Install OS, you are assigned a Computer name, so you have to use that Computer name to connect to that PC instead of any IP

riteshsanap, Feb 17, 2012 IP