1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Year Strategy , Willing To Work Hard , Tell Me If I am Right/Wrong

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by WendyGates, Feb 16, 2012.

Hi,

For starters I am from India (I know , much criticised country in the adsense world) .I am very much interested in building a website/blog with a dual purpose of spreading knowledge and making money.I am being honest.

Now this website/blog wont be another made for adsense type of site with a standard run of the mill theme .It wont be about wallpapers,ringtones,hot girls,bollywood,entertainment etc

It will be about finance and all the allied fields like investing,stock market etc.I havent zeroed upon finance because apparently its a high paying niche .Finance is my domain , I have been trained on that , I have studied finance.

I am willing to work hard and willing to invest 5 years max to establish a web property.A fulfilling activity where I can educate people on finance and also make money.

I am not interested in Black Hat SEO or any underground tips and tricks .As far as I am concerned the best SEO is rich,simple and unique content.Period.

However a lot of things discourage me , the fact that many established media outlets have mentioned you cant make money blogging.No money in internet blah blah blah.Too much competition.Adsense can ban you any time etc etc

I wanted to know few things

Shall I focus on writing 3-4 high quality posts per week or shall I just post about finance ....high quality or mediocre quality , doesnt matter.Just post.
    Is mass better than class if my horizon is 5 years ?

Shall I focus on the US market or the Indian market ?

Thanks and Regards

WendyGates, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi, good luck.
    You should focus on western markets, that is mainly US canada and UK. If you stick to your plan of 3-4 posts a week that's more than enough, I mean that's well enough.

You are lucky to have some strong interest in finance, so it won't bored you, you may write interesting posts and you won't have to copy and paste, wonderful really.

Don't listen to media outlets, there is money and the cake is big enough for all.

I'm sure you'll do very good if you don't get side tracked by reading too much seo stuff, keep to your plan and work upon it.. You can only succeed.

JamesColin, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  3. Benwrench

Benwrench Peon

Best Answers:
    The people who tell you that there is no money in the internet are the ones who have tried and failed.

from what ive herd adsence is a good starting point, but you shouldnt rely on it 100%, you will have loads of time to test out other kinds of adverts, or even affiliate links

just dont give up :)

Benwrench, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  4. chzafar2012

chzafar2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to learn different methods about make money online.
    Learn cpa.affiliate marketing ect

chzafar2012, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  5. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    i heard that crap blogs and sites don't make money these days, keep that in mind

Project Mobius, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  6. WendyGates

WendyGates Peon

Best Answers:
    I thank everybody for their replies.

One experienced blogger in one of the threads had mentioned "dont spam your blog with content" .I am confused with that statement.One of my strategies was to post as much as possible .

Lets say I take the number of posts to 5000 in 3 years ,its obvious not all the posts will be of Economist quality but at least they will give my blog more visibility in the search engines and make it more popular .What do you guys think ?

Should I just restrict my posts to high quality posts which will probably give more Facebook likes but not much search engine visibility hence less revenue.

Thanks and Regards

WendyGates, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  7. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of question is this "Should I just restrict my posts to high quality posts" ? Why would you even have crap ass posts in there? You want a crap blog? The strategy is to post quality, not quantity

Project Mobius, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  8. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just start, build a good site and write quality articles. Stop with the mental masturbation, act on your thoughts, you've done enough thinking already!

JamesColin, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  9. WendyGates

WendyGates Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Project Mobius I take your whack , it was indeed stupid of me. :)

I would like to draw your attention to something I have observed.In the Google Adwords Keyword Tool ..the number of searches (global and local) for any word lets say 'fishing' and 'what is fishing' is the same.

I have posted it in the Adwords section as well.

Would you experienced folks be kind enough to see that and comment.

Thanks and Regards

WendyGates, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  10. sanchez

sanchez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, considering the amount of finance oriented sites out there, you need to realize that you won't be making big money out of a blog. If you're well educated financial adviser (investor), perhaps your time would be better spent putting your financial knowledge into life rather than writing posts on your blog.

You should focus on American market, because those are the highest payed clicks. However, if you're planning to develop a loyal & large audience, consider not using Adsense at all. When your blog gets popular, why would you want to share your income with Google? You would be able to sell your advertising space on your own and thus make more money.

sanchez, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  11. WendyGates

WendyGates Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Sanchez , I appreciate your participation.Thank You.I certainly dont intend to earn millions through adsense.I would be satisfied with 500-1000 dollars per month.I already have a job which pays me relatively well.I am only following Warren Buffets advice of creating a second source of income.

The way I see it if non graduates and high school drop outs (specially from the western countries) can build sites and make money , why not me , who holds a degree in finance.

Thanks and Regards

WendyGates, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  12. sanchez

sanchez Active Member

Best Answers:
    A 1000 dollars a month from a blog - it's very tricky, especially if you think good content is enough. It would work if there was no financial information in the web and yours was the only one available. But considering the amount of competition, you would need to work very hard (or better, hire a team of SEO experts) to build your links on a regular basis.

If you ignore SEO and count on loyal visitors who would come back to your site, you would minimize your earnings, because returning visitors (who know your site well) develop "ads-blindness" and are unlikely to ever click (or even notice) your ads. For AdSense based blog you need a lot of search engine traffic to make anything out of it.

On the other hand, hiring a good SEO experts team would cost you about $800 a month. To make your SEO expenses worth it you need to have an actual product that you sell on your blog - for example, a DVD educational course of yours worth $99. Otherwise, it's unlikely that you will ever make it with your blog (unlikely doesn't mean impossible though).

EDIT: If you're following Warren Buffet, you must be missing a point. He would never be willing to WORK HARD FOR 5 YEARS to be making $1000 a month while still continuing to work hard. If you calculate your working hours, you would end up making cents per hour, unless you figure out a way how to do that on autopilot, developing a passive income stream.

sanchez, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  13. Kashish.Gk

Kashish.Gk Active Member

Best Answers:
    internet marketing still broadly used by usa user and more usa traffic means more money

Kashish.Gk, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  14. WendyGates

WendyGates Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

So how much do you think this blog earns everythingfinanceblog dot com .

Alexa Rank US : 23000

Mostly US audience . Any guesstimates ?

Thanks and Regards

WendyGates, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  15. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is Wendy Gates a common name in India? Just curious - not trying to hijack your thread.

Trapped, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  16. WendyGates

WendyGates Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Its not . :)

Thanks and Regards

WendyGates, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  17. jakekr

jakekr Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to learn different ideas about make money online.

jakekr, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  18. Pepdeal

Pepdeal Peon

Best Answers:
    just dont give up.There are many ways to do.

Pepdeal, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  19. The Truck Driver Guy

The Truck Driver Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    It's good to work hard on internet but how you gonna survive? You must have a "day job" as well. If you work hard and smart enough you can be in good shape.

The Truck Driver Guy, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  20. briteday

briteday Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, my two copper pieces... If you can genuinely create significant hot topic quality unique content regularly that will go a long ways right there! But, once you have a legitimate site that will truly interest Readers, you will need backlinks to your pages. Learn SEO and keyword discovery. For monetization, I would look more closely at affiliate offerings rather than adsense. Finance and related are hot for affiliate stuff. Either way to not spam your pages with ads, banners, and such. Rather keep it in the range of an authority site where you suggest and review various products or CPA. Learn about text links to landing pages and such.

There was a thread somewhere, I think here on DP, about 100 most favorite IM gurus. Maybe check some of them out. One name I will drop for your consideration is Jon Leger.

There are many techniques and methods to get traffic and make conversions (THIS is THE biggest term to learn and know) and everyone here is still learning and trying...

Genuine sincere unique content on Finance subjects... you likely have everyone here drooling. GOOD LUCK!

briteday, Feb 20, 2012 IP