1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword / Adwords Dilemmas

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Dominic04, Feb 16, 2012.

Hey,

I am new to the forum and I have been reading many posts related to Google Adwords trying to learn on my own how to get the most return out of my advertising as far as my per clicks.

I figured I would ask you all this question because you all seem very intelligent on this matter based on the replies you made in many posts on this forum. I hope you don't mind me asking.

Here is my issue.

I have been running ads for my company and I realized when I use broad terms for instance ... Fish Oil ... I would get a great deal of impressions and tons of clicks but no one really purchases the Fish Oil

Then what I did was I used specific terms like the actual name of the Fish Oil or The Best Fish Oil etc..

In this case, I received less impressions, and less clicks, but I in return spent less money and got a good return of customers from the clicks I had.

I guess my real question is, how do I determine what keywords will work the best, what do I need to look for? Is there any %s, Impressions, Clicks, CTR, CPC, Average Position, that would work with each other and formulate "the perfect" keyword and advertisement that will increase clicks and customers and attack the "target market" more precisely.

Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to speaking with you all soon. If anyone is willing to help me on a more personal level, I love to speak to someone on the phone more about this. Let me know

Thank you
    Dominic

Dominic04, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  2. lorraine02

lorraine02 Member

Best Answers:
    we have pay for google adwords for long time and we don't depend on it only, and we also promote our website by ourselves , since it isso broing for me , but we believe the future is good to us

lorraine02, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  3. M8INTERNET

M8INTERNET Member

Best Answers:
    That is quite a limited campaign if you have just targeted broad term searches :
    fish oil
    The best fish oil

Firstly you need to find that category your shop falls into
    Then add ALL the relevant keywords for that category (or those categories)
    Monitor these on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis

If you have access to Stats, such as AWStats, this will greatly help and is an alternative to the above (and this is the method I use)
    Look at the previous full month, scroll down to keywords and phrases
    Compare the previous three months and year
    Add the top 10% in as exact match, example [Fish Oil]

What AdWords do not add by default is the Quality Score column, so add that to the Keywords tab
    Give keywords with less than 5/10 a low bid price or if the CTR is very low disable them
    For keywords with more than 7/10 revise a higher bid price, use the forecast tab to ensure the cost is not too high

For the campaign itself, look at the daily cost
    Does this run out before the end of the day?
    This is a common issue where the cost per click is very low (example £1.00 per day, with clicks costing £0.75)
    Further details of these settings would help

M8INTERNET, Feb 17, 2012 IP