1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with overloading the limits of CPU/RAM issue in a resseler account with wp sites

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Purple Ninja, Feb 12, 2012.

Hello.
    Am a newbie in the forum and I have a weird problem with my reseller account.

The server that I am on has these characteristics
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5506 @ 2.13GHz/24GB ddr3
    CloudLinux Server release 5.7 64 bit/litespeed webserver
    And overall are 800 clients (in whois.domaintools.com that I am looking right now the Shared IP Address of the server that I am is the "Reverse IP: 1,195 websites use this address.")

And the limits are 1gb of memory and 25 concurrent connections

In the reseller account that I have I created two accounts:
    1.wp multisite with 3 site in under contraction/coming soon message with 2 gb ram and 30 concurrent connections (I don't know why, I am waiting for an answer from my host provider).
    The last 7 days from Resource Usage Details: img545.imageshack.us/img545/3504/1stmultisiteresourceusa.jpg

2.a wp ezine blog with 4-6 monthly unique visitors/150-200 a day visits with 2 gb ram and 20 concurrent connections (I don't know why, I am waiting for an anwser from my host provider).
    with 25 Active Plugins: Admin Locale/AdRotate/All in One SEO Pack - Pro Version/Calendar Posts/CloudFlare/Contact Form 7/Easy Mashable Social Bar/FeedBurner FeedSmith/Google Analytics for WordPress/Google XML Sitemaps/JW Player Plugin for WordPress/NextGEN Gallery/Really Simple CAPTCHA/registration-login/TentBlogger SEO Categories/Top 10/Twitter Embed/W3 Total Cache/WP-DownloadManager/WP-Optimize/WP-PageNavi/WP-reCAPTCHA/WP-UserOnline/WP Smush.it/WP Smush.it NextGEN Gallery Integration
    The last 7 days from Resource Usage Details: img220.imageshack.us/img220/6983/2dezineresourceusagedet.jpg

My problem is when am going to apply or save the setting of a plug in or when am going to publish or save as a draft a post I get same message:
    503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily busy, try again later![HR][/HR] Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
    [SIZE=-1]LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

Also it takes a lot of time for my site load. It doesn't load the virtual editor of the post. And the only thing that my hosting provider suggests to optimize my site(But, I already [/SIZE]
    use plug ins (CloudFlare,W3 Total Cache[SIZE=-1], [/SIZE]WP Smush.it & WP Smush.it NextGEN Gallery Integration[SIZE=-1]or) [/SIZE]in order to optimize my site)[SIZE=-1] to move to a Cloud server. What do you think about that? Should I move to a Cloud server or use CDN to my current reseller account? Also, does the problem really starts from me or my hosting has done a lot of overselling? Please suggest me anything that will be useful for my problem and if it's necessary to give you some information(That I might have forgot to mention) to help you understand.[/SIZE]

Purple Ninja, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  2. BigTim3

BigTim3 Guest

Best Answers:
    sounds like the server is overloaded.

BigTim3, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  3. Purple Ninja

Purple Ninja Peon

Best Answers:
    What can I do to confirm it or else how can I understand this to a new web space in order to avoid this mess?

Purple Ninja, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  4. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Install a Cash plug in, delete many plug in, install cron server instead of wp cron, tell the robots to crawl slow

TheSyndicate, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  5. Purple Ninja

Purple Ninja Peon

Best Answers:
    i have, CloudFlare & W3 Total Cache . Am trying to have less plugins by inserting codes in the theme but they don't help me much and they don't give me any attention and I noticed that the people that have this kind of behavior are the plugin creators(I hope that this is just something random and I just have the wrong idea). And what is this "install cron server instead of wp cron"??? And "tell the robots to crawl slow", how can I do that and how can I see how often they are crawling my site?

Purple Ninja, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  6. iOSx

iOSx Guest

Best Answers:
    overloaded clearly.

iOSx, Feb 16, 2012 IP