1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I submit to eHow for backlinks

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by WebBuddy, Feb 11, 2012.

I am not registered with eHow, but I wish to submit to eHow and include a backlink to the site. That's all I want from eHow ... no compensation or anything of that sort. Can I do that? What steps would I have to take? Any help appreciated.

WebBuddy, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  2. sergiu23

sergiu23 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think you can, once you submit content they consider it being their content, and you cannot link.

sergiu23, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  3. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    That sucks.. I was wondering how to get a link back from some of those high authority sites.. I saw one blogger with a back link from wikipedia...

DennisKnows, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  4. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ohkk, but that kinda sucks :( I was planning a marketing spree and also have a client who is ready with an eHow marketing campaign if it becomes possible. Can I at least submit something (without link) or does eHow not allow even that?

WebBuddy, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  5. gabrielle06

gabrielle06 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was able to publish few articles on eHow before but that was the time when they were accepting authors as much as they can. By the time the site was acquired by another company, you need to apply to become an author and that's applicable to both old and new aspiring authors.

Well, I was able to include my site as one of the references but the links are not followed but eHow is a good source of traffic so it's worth it.

gabrielle06, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  6. karan.labra

karan.labra Guest

Best Answers:
    I would rather recommend getting backlinks from other high authority blogs/sites which allow you to publish content without tight moderation.

karan.labra, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  7. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @All^^, your advice makes sense. eHow has turned snobby and its better to take the efforts elsewhere than to try and break into their fort :)

WebBuddy, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  8. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes..some good sites with ranking ranging from PR3-PR7 are better. From my experience i think it is not just the high ranking sites that matters. Sites that have lower PR deliver better many times. By the way if you can show me you byline link you want to get backlink..i can refer you a PR4 site. They do charge a small fee.

sumdor, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  9. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to get from other websites and blogs

Sam Gilmore, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  10. seeworld

seeworld Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes..some good sites with ranking ranging from PR3-PR7 are better. From my experience i think it is not just the high ranking sites that matters. Sites that have lower PR deliver better many times. By the way if you can show me you byline link you want to get backlink..i can refer you a PR4 site. They do charge a small fee

seeworld, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  11. sarahdb

sarahdb Peon

Best Answers:
    eHow belongs to Demand Studios. You have to apply and be accepted before you can write for them. Then you're restricted to their own topics. Articles have to be approved by editors...

So yeah, forget it.

sarahdb, Apr 4, 2012 IP
  12. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure! It's a good website for backlinks, but you should go through the long process of acceptance before you will be able to submit your first article.

Ella_Z., Apr 27, 2012 IP
  13. lorraine02

lorraine02 Member

Best Answers:
    I have register on ehow for sometimes , but i just can read articles on it ,

lorraine02, Apr 28, 2012 IP
  14. Hayle

Hayle Peon

Best Answers:
    You can but the qualityof ehow is dead, google is smart, if you want good seo links you need to focus on having a quality site and then just deliver great content, work as hard as you can to deliver the best possible content. People make great content go viral, that sells!

Hayle, May 1, 2012 IP
  15. MaggieDavid

MaggieDavid Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally would try to get a backlink from another site with a high PR. You can spend a lot of time trying to get approved and with links that are no follow (last time I looked) your time would be better spent elsewhere.

MaggieDavid, May 1, 2012 IP
  16. bob maxey

bob maxey Peon

Best Answers:
    That is generally how the real world of real writers works. You query the editor, pitch the piece and if it is not suitable, it is rejected. You can't submit articles to magazines with any guarantee they will be published and you must write about topics they specifically want.

I do not know much about Demand, but I am glad th see they have some safeguards and rules in place.

bob maxey, May 19, 2012 IP
  17. printbucket

printbucket Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If building backlinks is your sole purpose of submitting articles to eHow, sadly, you can't do that. There are a lot of alternative sites for ehow; have your links hosted in them instead.

printbucket, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  18. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's no longer possible to submit backlinks to eHow.

sumdor, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  19. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can find another site that has the same "how to" layout and has dofollow links to submit your clients material to ? Personally I usually try to spread my campaigns out between a few different sites because so many will drop "nofollow" on the page templates after a while of use and abuse.

averyz, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  20. lorraine02

lorraine02 Member

Best Answers:
    so I know Ehow is a good website to share opinion with other professionals ,
    so pity , I can't submit my opinion on it .

lorraine02, Jun 19, 2012 IP