1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

War with Iran...inevitable?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Spoiltdiva, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not worried about them, at all. I just find it amazing how you can say they should not do naval exercises right outside their border. I'm afraid Israel is not going to last long if it continues in this path of provoking other countries, attacking them and constantly disrespecting them.

Mikaël2, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    "I'm afraid Israel is not going to last long".That is exactly what both Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein said...Funny thing is,Israel at least,is still around.:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  3. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Good one. Now what would happen if Iran shut down the straits do you think? What is it's major export? Iran has stated that it will retaliate for any offensive action by shutting down the straits. DO you not understand the word "retaliate". Use your connections to get France to open its nuclear facilities to Iran will you, I'm sure they would jump at the opportunity.

I really don't care what country you are in, you will always bristle when another country tries to tell you what to do.

boblord666, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL , really ? So you think you can even dream of taking on 2 CAGs ? Iran can't lay a single hand on Israel mainly because their air force is still largely made up from hot air balloons and their navy is a joke .

ApocalypseXL, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Iran does not need the Strait of Hormuz to export it's oil,it can do so from it's ports on the Gulf of Oman.Besides much of it's oil is piped northward to Russia.
    France has had nuclear bombs for 50 years but has threatened no one.Iran hasn't had them yet and threatened everyone and fought a war with her neighbor.(Iraq) Comparing peaceful France to Iran is a joke.You think Iran is a moral nation? How many nations would take over and kidnap staff from a foreign embassy that are guests in their nation?
    You sir appear to have the geopolitical maturity of a teenager.

6. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    "The top destination for Iran's crude oil exports in the six months between January and June 2011 was China, totalling 22% of Iran's crude oil exports. Japan and India also make up a big proportion, taking 14% and 13% respectively of the total exports of Iran. The European Union import 18% of Iran's total exports with Italy and Spain taking the largest amounts.

Sri Lanka and Turkey are the most dependent on Iran's crude exports with it accounting for 100% and 51% of total crude imported, respectively. South Africa also gain 25% of their total crude from Iran."

We know what would happen to France if it threatened anyone, it would be a walkover as per usual. Ask any Brit., they saved you twice last century. I was told that multiple times on my first day in England.

How many nations would use their intelligence agency to overthrow a government and put in a despot to run a country so they had access to oil? How many nations assassinate citizens of another country because of the work they do? Where's their moral standards?

boblord666, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Right,I rest my case.Iran pipes most of it's oil north.My point was and is that the Strait of Hormuz is not nessessary to Iran's oil exports,so I win the argument.So Iran does not care and will block the strait if it needs to.

As to the rest England did not save France.England would have succumb to the blitzkrieg too.Look how they got bottled up at Dunkirk.The fact that it is an island nation saved it temporarily.It was the Americans that saved France's bacon not the Brits.The yanks saved them both in the end.....fact.
    The Russians too would have been defeated were it not for the "Lend Lease" and all the American equipment they got.The Americans saved everybody but no gratitude I guess.
    Well, in the part of France where I grew up we do have gratitude.

8. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    OH FFS Iran will never block the straights simply because it can't , even if they try they'll get instantly shredded and give the US a perfect reason to put boots on the ground and that will be the end of the demented jihadist dream in Iran .

9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    From a pure point of logic and rationele I do agree with you but......one cannot discount religious fervor.When it comes to matters of Iran the issue is never merely political but religious as well.Iran could end up doing something irrational.
    Hopefully this chessmatch will not end with anyone having to checkmate the other.One can always hope that cooler heads will prevail.

10. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    The only irrational thing they can do is to jump into the watter with a rock on their neck , after a few millions traffic would be disrupted . If you're thinking of ICBMs and other similar devices Phalanxes and Patriots can make short work of them .

11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know that you as former chop shop operator are expert in breaking up cars and selling the parts but you should also accept when it comes to geo-politics and military strategy your knowledge is comparable to a monkey trying to solve a theoretical physics problem. :)

gworld, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  12. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Well you've proved two things.

First one is that you are female. Only a female would makes the statement that she won the argument when an entirely different set of facts are twisted to her way of thinking.

Second one is that you are French. To give the Brits no thanks for their effort in the 1st and 2nd world war is a typical arrogant French attitude.

I have no idea how the two nuclear armed countries can tolerate living next door to each other. Maybe it's the deterrence factor.

boblord666, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  13. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    not 100%, if US will not be helping I guess:

http://www.trt-world.com/trtworld/en/newsDetail.aspx?haberkodu=a81d3bcb-1581-4349-a9d5-e446803ac5ba

p.s:

Air Force
    Size 52,000 active personnel
    500 aircraft

Navy
    Size 28,000 personnel
    65 aircraft
    5 Frigates
    3 Corvettes
    28 Submarines
    24 Fast Attack Craft
    98 Large Patrol craft
    +100 light missile boat
    16 Hovercraft

against Israel on its own? Questionable. Against NATO? - A different story.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    N_F_S, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  14. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Israel won't be stupid enough to launch a direct attack , at least not now even thou when it come to the air force they could own Iran's defenses with ease . With no fighters in the air all that nice navy could go kaboom in a few nights . It's not questionable is a reality , however this just won't happen .

As for Iran they'll never have the guts to block the straights because that would mean their end .

ApocalypseXL, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Merci mon amie..viva la France! Arrogant? Of course I'm arrogant I'm French afterall.:)In fact I'm so arrogant I've even admitted it to Mikael only a couple of days ago.
    But remember one thing,namely Paris is the most visited city in the world,yes we French are arrogant but interesting...non?

By the way Bilabong Bob,I hear the kangaroos have been jumping over your fence again.Knocked down a part of it.Your sheep are getting out,time to get the hammer and nails ready.You don't happen to know any of these sheep personally do you?(I'm not suggesting anything weird here)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    Spoiltdiva, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  16. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Once upon a time we used to have a pet kangaroo actually. Disappeared one day after he thought he was a boxing kangaroo and kicked me. Sheep are a Kiwi (NZ) thing and we make jokes about their fondness for them. Enjoy your day.

boblord666, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  17. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive heard from brits many times how they didnt like your arrogance when they visited Paris:) You know brits are welcomed all over the world(well, at least at the places where they travel the most) and I guess that was a new thing to them, to meet people who think they are better than them))

N_F_S, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Actually French "arrogance" is really honesty.We never had English style Victorianism so we don't put on airs.If we think it,we say it.But we certainly don't feel we are better than anyone else.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  19. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    cannot tell anything, I havent been to France:) But I've studied with a french girl, at that time she seemed to me as a proud person :)

N_F_S, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  20. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:

it's just a bully. iran would only blockage oil supply to western countries. They export their oil to asian countries such as China and India. Definitely they won't stop supplying oil nor blocking the strait for these countries. It's their main income source.

wokaka, Feb 21, 2012 IP